The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Should Stevie Nicks take over as Princess Leia in Star Wars movies?
Yes 10 25.64%
No 29 74.36%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Ledgie

Absolute utter nonsence. Who started this ridiculous poll??
Old 12-30-2016, 12:37 PM

I believe this was started with ironic intention, but even if that wasn't the case I believe there's nothing so scandalous about it since this was suggested in the first place by other people who surely were admirers of both Stevie and Carrie and the resemblance between Stevie and Carrie has always been a source of wonder and amusement in both fandoms from what I know.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted no. Sheryl Crowe should do it.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I voted no. Sheryl Crowe should do it.
Good choice.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would much rather see Stevie take over the role of Chewbacca.
Don't let that golden hair get in your way baby

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-30-2016 at 01:40 PM..
Old 12-30-2016, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do feel it to be a bit disrespectful to be starting such a poll so soon after somebody has passed away.

That said, yes, I think it would be great for Stevie to help out and play the part. They'll be starting filming on the next film in the series without one of the main characters- that's not something they can easily get around. Either they have to rewrite (and possibly re-shoot scenes) from episode 8 in order to get her character to die at the end of episode 8 or write her out at the very start of episode 9 (possibly with an 'off-camera' death). This is a character that has played such a major part of this story... it would ruin the whole franchise for one of the main characters to be given a quick and meaningless death. Princess Leia's death has to be handled with sensitivity. Stevie wouldn't need to play a major role throughout episode 9 or any other future films in the series. Instead she could play the role just enough to give Leia a fitting end. The idea there'd be loads of spare footage sat unused that could be easily edited together is crazy. Also, a huge amount of time and expense was put into CGI'ing Peter Cushing even though he only appeared in a small handful of scenes in Rogue One. Full CGI of Leia to the extent needed to write her out wouldn't be viable.

Yeah, I think it would be great for Stevie and a whole new avenue for her. I don't think she'd do it...but who knows?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

Carrie is irreplaceable and NOBODY CAN play Leia but her.
Wrong. Someone else has already played Princess Leia.
Episode III.

I'm pretty sure Stevie's body doesn't contain any
midi-chlorians. So she's out.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Ledgie

It's never going to happen but say it did, it would sink Stevie's career from all the supporters of Carrie Fisher's legacy that don't want to see her replaced. Especially by a someone who can't act (her own admission). There will also be some fan nuts though who think that Stevie can do no wrong and would be a great vehicle, but no, this will never happen.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Carrie Fisher is irreplaceable. Bottom line.
Yep. Write her out of Episode 9 if needed, or fill the void left by her with a digital Carrie if there is simply no other option.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Jondalar;1198816]This poll isn't a tribute to Carrie Fisher. This poll is a tribute to Stevie Nicks. Hijacking ones death to lift someone else up. It is classic Stevie, however. Her tribute to Linda Rindstadt was basically a tribute to herself. She is totally self obsessed.[/QUOTE

Uhmmm...don't you think that was just a bit harsh on your part? Did Stevie create this poll? I don't think so. And as far as her tribute to Linda...I thought the whole group of them were fabulous and very obviously huge fans of Linda's music. All Stevie did was say how Linda had inspired her to make music and how she didn't look that great in cut offs but was doing it anyway. I think it was a compliment to Linda's casual style versus Stevie's more gothic approach to fashion but that Stevie was still inspired by her.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
About Stevie doing star wars--maybe some of you saw Carrie Fisher's "twitter" account. Carrie was aware of Stevie's similar appearance. Carrie actually re-tweeted pics of the Stevie/herself. You can check it out here:
https://twitter.com/carrieffisher

Carrie Fisher Retweeted
☽ Damn Skippy ☾ ‏@Jasmine_Leslie9 1 May 2016
LOOK AT THESE TWO!!!!!@carrieffisher @StevieNicks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChaCatKWkAA1GUr.jpg:large

You might also enjoy this: (that Carrie Fisher also directly tweeted) on August 17, 2016:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqFcxrvUMAAXPvx.jpg

Everyone loved Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. No one can replace either of them. Their humor, their acting talent and their singing abilities were wonderful. Their deaths were a loss to everyone. I understand Billie will be taking care of Gary, the dog.

How can you not love this photo:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CegnZGbWEAAJ7Jl.jpg

My guess is Carrie Fisher knew who Stevie was and liked her and probably vice versa.

John L, of course you are correct on Stevie's appearance on the Buddy Holly tribute. Waddy Wachtel was one of the producers/organizers of the tribute and Waddy, of course, was Linda Ronstadt's and Stevie's guitarist. It was only natural that Waddy would ask Stevie to appear, given Linda Ronstadt's inability to perform. It was not sought out by Stevie.

http://www.tbhef.org/foundation-arti...waddy-watchel/

http://www.waddywachtelinfo.com/List...uddyHolly.html

Yes, it was at least a bit harsh.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

For anyone interested:

Tonight (December 7th) is the HBO special/documentary on Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. It's called "Bright Lights" and comes on at 8PM. (For those of you staying indoors because of the snow.)

Old 01-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is all about Star Trek
not Star Wars

so NO.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:06 AM

Carrie Fisher Won’t Be Digitally Recreated In The Next Star Wars Films

Carrie Fisher‘s death on December 27 –tragically followed by her mother Debbie Reynold’s death the next day– was our final reminder of how cruel 2016 has been. The news shocked the actress’ many fans but also left one question on everyone’s mind: what will happen to Star Wars‘ Princess Leia?

Fisher reprised her iconic role in J.J. Abrams’ The Force Awakens, set 30 years after The Empire Strikes Back. The princess is now General and leader of the resistance, so what does it mean for episode VIII and IX?

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story –spin-off set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope— demonstrated that Disney has the means to digitally recreate characters, bringing back the late British actor Peter Cushing to reprise the role of the Grand Moff Tarkin –which he played in the original 1977 A New Hope. The film also featured a young CGI version of Princess Leia.

These scenes worried fans about the treatment of Carrie Fisher in the upcoming films, in which she is expected to have an important role. Disney has since confirmed the actress was done shooting this year’s episode VIII, but the issue of episode IX remains.

Lucasfilm dismisses the rumours and honours Princess Leia
In an attempt to dismiss rumours and reassure fans, Lucasfilm, the Disney-owned company behind Star Wars has released a statement confirming Carrie Fisher’s image will not be digitally recreated for the upcoming films:

We don’t normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.
Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars.

The emphasis on “was” suggests her character will most likely be killed, which would be a total bummer, especially for [SPOILER ALERT] her son Kylo Ren who has previously killed his father Han Solo in The Force Awakens.

Lucasfilm’s statement does not rule out the possibility of a recast, however it seems very unlikely considering Carrie Fisher’s legacy. If it does come to this, we would suggest Stevie Nicks, who bares a striking resemblance to the late actress.

We’ll have to wait for December 15, 2017 to see what happens to Princess Leia in the –still– untitled Star Wars episode VIII.

http://www.konbini.com/ng/entertainm...ar-wars-films/