The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2021, 03:34 PM

I just heard YMLF. Hardly unexpected.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-19-2021 at 08:25 PM..
Old 10-19-2021, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's pretty harsh. I'd bet money that he still reads thia, even if he can't post.

That said, I've got your medicine!

Behind The Mask is the only album worse than Tango.
Like a willow, I can bend. Not harsh. In tribute.

There are more songs on BTM that I like than on Tango. But 2 songs on Tango are better than much of BTM. Make sense? I like to hear Christine play keyboards and hear the harmonies on BTM. One common theme on both albums is Christine came to play and has the best songs.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Like a willow, I can bend. Not harsh. In tribute.

There are more songs on BTM that I like than on Tango. But 2 songs on Tango are better than much of BTM. Make sense? I like to hear Christine play keyboards and hear the harmonies on BTM. One common theme on both albums is Christine came to play and has the best songs.
I'm sure that you can bend. Over and Over.

At least Tango was an early Lindsey production, where everything is passable. BTM is exactly like SYW(where Lindsey had lost his editing skills), where it's HALF AN ALBUM of acceptable songs, half an album of turds.

Time is better than both BTM AND SYW.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure that you can bend. Over and Over.

At least Tango was an early Lindsey production, where everything is passable. BTM is exactly like SYW(where Lindsey had lost his editing skills), where it's HALF AN ALBUM of acceptable songs, half an album of turds.

Time is better than both BTM AND SYW.
But on BTM you hear the classic rhythm section of Fleetwood Mac play again almost on every song. You hear key elements of the classic line up. Tango just has way too many programmed parts for my liking. I hate that mid 80s laziness which was considered the modern sound. But it did not only impact Fleetwood Mac. Paul McCartney released a few solo albums in the mid 80s that also embraced this mid 80s programmed sound. Paul had no commercial success and people even forget about these albums. The music just sounds cheap IMHO. Paul is a musical genius like Lindsey but I really disliked their toying with this technology. Jefferson Starship also did this. In 1984 they released Nuclear Furniture which is a pretty good album. They released 2 great singles which were not that commercially successful (except on rock stations). Their next album was a big success because they embraced the syth programmed pop of We Built This City and Sara which both went to #1. Nuclear Furniture was a great album with real instruments and the singles No Way Out and Laying It On The Line are far superior to We Built This City and Sara. This mid/late 80s crap music unfortunately impacted Fleetwood Mac too. Tango could not only have been a bigger success but held up over time instead of embracing the current pop trends. But I know the pressure on Lindsey and the band to have a hugely successful pop album after 5 years and Mick's bankruptcy. You never or rarely hear Big Love or Seven Wonders on the radio even on stations devoted to 80s music. They were cute pop songs that chart and then get forgotten about. Chris's 2 singles you hear almost every day. I think Everywhere would have been a much bigger hit if it was not so programmed and it was recorded similar to the live version. Having said all of this, I've said this before...with the amount of charting singles, Tango should have sold much better in the USA than it did. But I think even pop single lovers even could see the meh of most of the music.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-20-2021 at 07:44 AM..
Old 10-31-2021, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Trouble" and "Whenever I Call You Friend" and "I Can't Wait" heard while out at different shops.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
"Trouble" and "Whenever I Call You Friend" and "I Can't Wait" heard while out at different shops.
You're being followed!!
Old 11-01-2021, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I heard “Whenever I Call You Friend” at a furniture store the other day. Now THAT is posterity.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the second prank video with a Nicks song. The other one I posted a few weeks ago had the guy pretending to choke on mashed potatoes while singing Edge of 17. I Cant Wait is playing at the store on this one at 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqiafTJrCg
Old 11-09-2021, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I Cant Wait is playing at the store on this one at 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqiafTJrCg
Boy it's really blasting its way thru that store. Almost sounds as loud as a disco.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Boy it's really blasting its way thru that store. Almost sounds as loud as a disco.
yes but its also a song I have never heard in a store before so that is pretty cool. I have heard far less known songs all the time but I Cant Wait seems to be forgotten even on 80s channels which is too bad because it screams mid 80s. I always loved the vocal too. One of the few good tracks on RAL IMHO.
Old 11-13-2021, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard Dont Stop at the gym again today. Then I went grocery shopping and Maybe Love Will Change Your mind came on. I made a point to sing just barely enough for people to hear me in the dog food isle. I doubt anyone knew that song and I wanted to show off
Old 11-13-2021, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heard Dont Stop at the gym again today. Then I went grocery shopping and Maybe Love Will Change Your mind came on. I made a point to sing just barely enough for people to hear me in the dog food isle. I doubt anyone knew that song and I wanted to show off
You could sneak into the office, and blast Oh Daddy on the intercom, and make off with the wallets of every single person in the store!
Old 11-14-2021, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today in another grocery store I heard Everyday. What are the chances of hearing my least favorite Stevie song thats written by someone else the day after my favorite Stevie song thats written by someone else.

When Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind was released, I had just moved to Florida and I sort of was in love with someone who was not in love with me. I had to accept that but when I heard the song, it was the story of my life at that time. I remember actually sending a cassette tape through the mail to this person with Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind on the tape. Guess what? Love did not change their mind
Old 11-14-2021, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard “Edge of 17” in the supermarket. Hard not to sing along to it while selecting the firmest apples.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
while selecting the firmest apples.
Sir, for what is that a euphemism?