Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think it would garner publicity as well and new interview questions (finally). Of course, it could backfire. If the album stinks then everyone will say how Stevie's absence is fatal to the band. But it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Michele
Because you already know they make great music. A risk I'm willing to take as well. You're artists.. create dammit!!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
My dream (which won't happen) would be that they release it without the witch and get a grammy nomination for album of the year. Can you imagine the attention whore's face????
I love you, I love you, I love you, a million times over!!!

Oh my, how The Ledge has finally matured, into a proper, honest, unicorn hating place!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I love you, I love you, I love you, a million times over!!!

Oh my, how The Ledge has finally matured, into a proper, honest, unicorn hating place!
I love that unicorn's early 80's stuff.. It was flawless.

Too bad.. cuz she used to know who she was...
Old 12-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that unicorn's early 80's stuff.. It was flawless.

Too bad.. cuz she used to know who she was...
I agree 100%!!! Bella Donna is a masterpiece!!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

We are all speculating and having fun writing about our assumptions. But just imagine IF:

Stevie officially declines to contribute anything to the new record

Mick and Christine feel its wrong to release it "now" without Stevie with the group
and shelve the album for awhile

The group does their "final" tour without any new music

The recorded songs are often spoken about but they don't get officially released.

ALL these things are quite possible. I used to say 100% Stevie contributes to the new album. I now say its 50/50. I do not see the band doing any shows without Stevie as much as I would LOVE to see it.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We are all speculating and having fun writing about our assumptions. But just imagine IF:

Mick and Christine feel its wrong to release it "now" without Stevie with the group
and shelve the album for awhile

The group does their "final" tour without any new music

The recorded songs are often spoken about but they don't get officially released.

ALL these things are quite possible. I used to say 100% Stevie contributes to the new album. I now say its 50/50. I do not see the band doing any shows without Stevie as much as I would LOVE to see it.
Yeah quite possible - and the worst case scenario.

Let's be positive and hope Christine and Lindsey push out their album and tour it for us and for the art and relevance. Yeah pr will be non existing because these are probably the worst 2 fm members, not counting John, as far as marketing goes. Nobody will know that album is out or that there's a tour but the most ardent fans, and we will have a cheap front row seats to something that might easily be historic! So how great would that be for fans?!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

To me, the final nail in the coffin for a new Fleetwood Mac-branded album was when Stevie extended her solo tour into 2017. That action alone told us everything we needed to know. She's not going to be a part of the album, period.

Regardless of our wildest hopes, this album that Christine and Lindsey are working on will not surface with the name Fleetwood Mac on it. The only way I possibly see any of their material surfacing with the Fleetwood Mac name on it would be an online-only EP release prior to the next 5 fireflies tour.

Now do I see Lindsey and Christine releasing a duet album? I think that's entirely possible, and I hold out hope for that. Would they tour behind it? Possibly an abbreviated theater tour. This sort of tour would undoubtedly get rave reviews from fans and critics alike. The likelihood of both happening seems a bit far fetched given the clock is ticking and the next FM tour is fast approaching, though.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

and shelve the album for awhile.
The album has already been shelved for a loooooooooong while. It's intolerable.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To me, the final nail in the coffin for a new Fleetwood Mac-branded album was when Stevie extended her solo tour into 2017. That action alone told us everything we needed to know. She's not going to be a part of the album, period.

Regardless of our wildest hopes, this album that Christine and Lindsey are working on will not surface with the name Fleetwood Mac on it. The only way I possibly see any of their material surfacing with the Fleetwood Mac name on it would be an online-only EP release prior to the next 5 fireflies tour.

Now do I see Lindsey and Christine releasing a duet album? I think that's entirely possible, and I hold out hope for that. Would they tour behind it? Possibly an abbreviated theater tour. This sort of tour would undoubtedly get rave reviews from fans and critics alike. The likelihood of both happening seems a bit far fetched given the clock is ticking and the next FM tour is fast approaching, though.
Exactly. I don't see how there is time to do everything now. I don't see how they could have time to rehearse and conduct a short tour (without Stevie) prior to the huge world tour. It takes so much time to rehearse, get promotions, book hotels, etc. Its quite possible the "new album" will be pushed until another day well after the world tour.
Its a shame because I wanted a FULL and REAL album. But now it could be an EP.
I hope I am wrong but I see the worst case scenario happening. But lets remember, this is Fleetwood Mac after all. I do agree with you that with Stevie extending her solo tour well into 2017 says she wants nothing to do with the band until the big tour rehearsals. I am optimistic but its getting hard to stay that way. I just feel so bad for Christine. She is so full of life and wants a Mac album before the tour. There have not been any reports of the Mac members working. I think they have shelved everything until maybe someday finish these songs. Maybe Mick was right when he hinted and doubted the songs may never be heard.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-09-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The album has already been shelved for a loooooooooong while. It's intolerable.
I don't care if they call it "Naked Tango in the Bathroom" by Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham...

Just release it!
Old 12-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't care if they call it "Naked Tango in the Bathroom" by Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham...

Just release it!
Yup. And I have full hope they will.

Apparentnly Lindsey told that reporter that he and Chris were working on the album. That was end of November. So they might be done by now.

And timewise? How can year and a half not be enough to release and tour a finished album?? Plenty of time!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yup. And I have full hope they will.

Apparentnly Lindsey told that reporter that he and Chris were working on the album. That was end of November. So they might be done by now.

And timewise? How can year and a half not be enough to release and tour a finished album?? Plenty of time!
well, if Lindsey doesn't spend forever slaving over the minutiae of every track ; )
Old 12-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, if Lindsey doesn't spend forever slaving over the minutiae of every track ; )
Lol. Yeah peoples favorite excuse - blame it on perfectionism! He hasn't done that in this century so no reason to think he will start now.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lol. Yeah peoples favorite excuse - blame it on perfectionism! He hasn't done that in this century so no reason to think he will start now.
I wonder who he will used to mix the album.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just love seeing all of these artists and bands" current or past" slap albums together in a month maybe without any worrying or dont care how it comes out and have 3 plus number one hits off it. FM only had only one number one hit back in the 1970's which was Stevie's "Dreams" .Hum...What happen with their other tunes and why they tanked before they got up into the single digits.If this upcoming album if without Stevie on it becomes an EP. I more likely past on it and get the boot off of YT .Sorry Mick.But if its called Buckingham /McVie.I would buy it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-09-2016 at 02:24 PM..