User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I'm not sure.. At the Classic Albums- Making Rumours video, she said about Mick that he was a "little" daddy for a while, but now (1997) he is again a big daddy. That sounded to me like a complaint to him. Of course it's just my perception and can't relate it to The Chain boxset days, but it sounded that there were issues at some moment.
I recall seeing that too...I took the "little daddy" comment being to his being stripped of his band manager duties after the Tusk tour, then went into his nose-candy funk, filed for bankruptcy, etc. Eventually cleaned up and took the reins of Fleetwood Mac once again by '97, thus re-earning his "big daddy" status.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rather than being mad at him, I think Christine just thought that Mick was pathetic and was saddened by what he'd become. Sad and compassionate, but she also held him accountable too, so disappointed.

Michele
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure.. At the Classic Albums- Making Rumours video, she said about Mick that he was a "little" daddy for a while, but now (1997) he is again a big daddy. That sounded to me like a complaint to him. Of course it's just my perception and can't relate it to The Chain boxset days, but it sounded that there were issues at some moment.
She was referring to Mick's drug addiction and how she pitied his pitiable state in the mid 80s when he was sleeping in someone's basement. Could be a complaint. I saw it more as her testament to the fact that he had found himself again and was even "bigger than ever."

Her complaints tend to surface as little jabs that betray a deeper current of feeling underneath. Such comments have usually been confined to Lindsey (particularly during the mid to late 80s) and then Bob Welch after the lawsuit. She has also made passive aggressive remarks about Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan--nothing outright volatile, more like hints and suggestions. I'm sure being on the other side of such remarks could be quite irritating.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Twenty-Five Years Ago, November 19, 2012

Hartford Sentinel
http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/news/...9bb2963f4.html

Fleetwood Mac will stage a concert Thursday, Dec. 10 in Fresno’s Selland Arena. Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $17.50. Members of the group are Rick Vito, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, Billy Burnett, John McVie and Christine McVie.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Twenty-Five Years Ago, November 19, 2012

Hartford Sentinel
http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/news/...9bb2963f4.html

Fleetwood Mac will stage a concert Thursday, Dec. 10 in Fresno’s Selland Arena. Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $17.50. Members of the group are Rick Vito, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, Billy Burnett, John McVie and Christine McVie.
My parents went to that show, and it's their hand-me-down BTM tourbook that is now in my collection!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
My parents went to that show, and it's their hand-me-down BTM tourbook that is now in my collection!
But this would've been the Tango tour, right?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
But this would've been the Tango tour, right?
Yes, you're right. 25 years ago was 1987 so it was Cage. Oops.

Michele
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. I'm not fan of any of the "new" songs in 25 Years- The Chain. I guess it's probably that it wasn't a happy moment for any of the Rumours lineup songwriters, toward Fleetwood Mac. Wounds were still open, and probably there was anger and bitterness in the air. There can not be a good song within that environment.

The best novelty of the boxset was the alternate versions
See for me the best Post-Rumours mac songs are the ones from the '88 GH and the '92 box set. If the songs from BTM had been arranged/mixed/produced like those, BTM might have been a better album.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
See for me the best Post-Rumours mac songs are the ones from the '88 GH and the '92 box set. If the songs from BTM had been arranged/mixed/produced like those, BTM might have been a better album.
I agree about the arrangement/production. BTMmight have sound far better.

But about the new songs in GH and the boxset, the only jewel I love is As Long As You Follow. No big deal about the others. However, and sorry if I'm going out of topic cause this is from TINTN sessions, I found Ricky a very interesting song, I mean about how it sounds.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A better mix for Mask with As Long as You Follow as the lead single and it would've been a hit for sure. Follow is an awesome Christine song and Stevie's back up is wonderful on the tune. I can't help but think Freedom would've been a killer tune if the vocal was clearer and out front more in the mix. In the Back of My Mind showed promise as an epic song and it was great to see them take a risk and open the show with it. All in all though, I found the line up bland.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree about the arrangement/production. BTMmight have sound far better.
On my computer I have to adjust the EQ settings to get BTM songs to sound better and where you can actually understand the lead/BGV's and get a more distinct sound out of the kick and snare.

Quote:
But about the new songs in GH and the boxset, the only jewel I love is As Long As You Follow.
Love Shines is one of my favorites. Love the video for it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
A better mix for Mask with As Long as You Follow as the lead single and it would've been a hit for sure. Follow is an awesome Christine song and Stevie's back up is wonderful on the tune.
As Long As You Follow is one of Christine's best songs. It being on BTM as the lead single would have been great! I like the video for it also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I can't help but think Freedom would've been a killer tune if the vocal was clearer and out front more in the mix.

In the Back of My Mind showed promise as an epic song and it was great to see them take a risk and open the show with it.
Each Rumours album had that standout Stevie song which is clearly lacking on BTM. I don't think any of her songs were even released as singles. I think Love is Dangerous with a few tweeks would have been great on rock radio.

In the Back of My Mind is too long of a song. Opening the concert with it though was a good choice.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the Back of My Mind is too long of a song. Opening the concert with it though was a good choice.
Then you don't like Donna Summer's Love to love you baby . It is 17 minutes!! (once I heard they called it the 17 minutes orgasm).

I do like long songs, like Queen's Prophet Song (8 minutes but connected with Love of my life is almost 12 m.), those long demos of Sara, etc. Other good long songs:
'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' (both parts) ~ Pink Floyd 26 minutes.
Fools Overture-Supertramp, almost 11 minutes
Disco Inferno - The Trammps, almost 11 minutes

We should start a threat about long songs!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then you don't like Donna Summer's Love to love you baby . It is 17 minutes!! (once I heard they called it the 17 minutes orgasm).

I do like long songs, like Queen's Prophet Song (8 minutes but connected with Love of my life is almost 12 m.), those long demos of Sara, etc. Other good long songs:
'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' (both parts) ~ Pink Floyd 26 minutes.
Fools Overture-Supertramp, almost 11 minutes
Disco Inferno - The Trammps, almost 11 minutes

We should start a threat about long songs!
I guess The Allman Brothers Band's "Mountain Jam" clocking in at a whopping 44 minutes would be out of the question for you? To me, it's the fastest 44 minutes ever...seems like maybe 10. Then there's the live version of "Whipping Post" from the Live At The Fillmore album at 28+ minutes...the 7 minutes of "Hey Jude" feels longer. I guess "long" and realization of "time" itself is relative. I remember people squawking about the edited "Sara" on the original Tusk CD...to me, it was STILL too long. The 9 minutes of "Oh Well" on Then Play On seems to me to be a whole lot shorter than that. And, the live version of Derek & The Dominos' "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?" clocking in at about 10 minutes perceivably goes by much faster than Fleetwood Mac's live version of "Dreams".
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Should've opened the album, as well. Similarly to what I said in my previous post, "In The Back Of My Mind" goes by (to me) much faster than most songs half its length.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Should've opened the album, as well. Similarly to what I said in my previous post, "In The Back Of My Mind" goes by (to me) much faster than most songs half its length.
I agree that 'In The Back of My Mind" would have been a great choice for an album opener. Yet, in my experience, it was a horrible choice as a show opener.

I saw several shows on that tour. While I admired their bold choice to start the show with a brand new, unfamiliar song (a deep album track!), it was a huge misstep to pick that particular song.

Picture an audience, minutes before they appear on stage; full of energy and excited in the anticipation. The band comes out and the crowd goes wild. What follows is a much too long intro which proceeds to consume all the energy in the room. When they start to play, the dirge-like pace of the song further lulls the audience into respectfu indifference.