Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM tribute bands?

Anyone seen any? I saw one in Nashville last night, called Rumours(they're out of Atlanta), and they were fantastic!! Like holy crap! The Stevie was unbelievably awesome! The Christine was very good, too. Much like when Lindsey left, there were two guys filling his spot (lead guitar player didn't sing, so that's why). Mick and John were very good, too, but obviously more in the background. But I can't recommend them enough! The best $12 I've EVER spent! Again, the Stevie was f#cking incredible! Go see them! I saw that they're in Indianapolis next Friday. You won't be sorry!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's 2 here in the UK - Fleetwood Bac and Rumours of Fleetwood Mac.

I wasn't overly impressed with the latter, although they tour more and play the bigger venues. Their show is split into 2 halves, covering pre-Buckingham Nicks era and then 75 - 88. The best thing about their show was that they did "Big Love" with the band. Their Lindsey isn't a particularly strong singer, so there's a lack of Lindsey songs in their set.

Fleetwood Bac are great - a bit less polished and produced, but their setlists are more interesting and they've got the image down completely. Think Mirage tour-era Mac.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Anyone seen any? I saw one in Nashville last night, called Rumours(they're out of Atlanta), and they were fantastic!! Like holy crap! The Stevie was unbelievably awesome! The Christine was very good, too. Much like when Lindsey left, there were two guys filling his spot (lead guitar player didn't sing, so that's why). Mick and John were very good, too, but obviously more in the background. But I can't recommend them enough! The best $12 I've EVER spent! Again, the Stevie was f#cking incredible! Go see them! I saw that they're in Indianapolis next Friday. You won't be sorry!
Nobody can replicate Lindsey's technique
Old 02-20-2017, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
There's 2 here in the UK - Fleetwood Bac and Rumours of Fleetwood Mac.
I think both of those acts are pretty damned good but for different reasons. Fleetwood Bac probably look and sound more like FM but Rumours of Fleetwood Mac are a great overall experience and I was lucky enough to see Rick playing with them which was awesome. There seems to be another British act out there now called Fleetingwood Mac. I'd be keen to catch them some time and compare them to the other two.

PS
Its pretty funny the different name combinations bands come up with.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-20-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Its pretty funny the different name combinations bands come up with.
True, I've also heard of "Fleetmac Wood"
Old 02-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There used to be a Bella Donna Ball here in SF and I think at one of them there was a F Mac tribute band that I saw. I remember thinking it was really weird because they do the studio versions live instead of the live versions that we are used to hearing/seeing. But I checked out that first one mentioned on youtube and they are very professional and the Stevie woman has a good voice.

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 02-20-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKkfROCQJc0

The videos from this group are all really funny. You can tell they did some research, watched the Rosebud film, Japan footage etc.

And I agree with what someone else said, I've never seen anything live but all the videos I've seen of tribute bands, the guitar is never quite right. No matter what guitar is being used, Lindsey always sounds like Lindsey and no one else really sounds like that.

I think a lot of the 'Stevies' don't capture her voice that well either, in her prime she had such an amazing tone.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKkfROCQJc0

The videos from this group are all really funny. You can tell they did some research, watched the Rosebud film, Japan footage etc.

And I agree with what someone else said, I've never seen anything live but all the videos I've seen of tribute bands, the guitar is never quite right. No matter what guitar is being used, Lindsey always sounds like Lindsey and no one else really sounds like that.

I think a lot of the 'Stevies' don't capture her voice that well either, in her prime she had such an amazing tone.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6WBzX5U3GtU

This kid comes close to Lindsey's playing style
Old 02-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Awesome to see someone else praising Rumours! I've seen them 4 times (they come to my area a lot) and I thought they were great too - shockingly great. Stevie and the drummer in particular blew me away. Her sustained high notes on Seven Wonders and his playing on World Turning floored me. Great people too.

They rocked the Lindsey songs as well, though not so much Christine's IMO. Last time I saw them they cut Seven Wonders and Sara for Songbird and Oh Daddy... love those songs and I'm all for a more balanced setlist but those songs didn't come off great for me.

Still, I'll continue throwing my money at them every time they come to town. Last time they were here the Stevie girl spoke about how she auditioned for American Idol and America's Got Talent and didn't make it on either. Couldn't be more undeserved, that girl absolutely rocks the House of Blues every time!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Awesome to see someone else praising Rumours! I've seen them 4 times (they come to my area a lot) and I thought they were great too - shockingly great. Stevie and the drummer in particular blew me away. Her sustained high notes on Seven Wonders and his playing on World Turning floored me. Great people too.

They rocked the Lindsey songs as well, though not so much Christine's IMO. Last time I saw them they cut Seven Wonders and Sara for Songbird and Oh Daddy... love those songs and I'm all for a more balanced setlist but those songs didn't come off great for me.

Still, I'll continue throwing my money at them every time they come to town. Last time they were here the Stevie girl spoke about how she auditioned for American Idol and America's Got Talent and didn't make it on either. Couldn't be more undeserved, that girl absolutely rocks the House of Blues every time!
THIS!!!

It's no secret that I'm no longer the biggest Stevie fan in the world, but everyone should go see this Rumours band, because "Stevie" f*cking OWNS it! She hits all the notes from the albums(not like our stevie, live now). She basically IS Stevie, with the singing range still intact!!! And it helps that she's only 2 feet tall, because that makes her seem more like real stevie, being really short. SHE.IS.AMAZEBALLS.

Christine was good, but they said she had been suffering from laryngitis, and it was the first time she'd been able to sing at all, for a few shows. Her look....she had the Rumours era head scarf look going to be Chris. She played the keyboard parts just fine, and was totally believable as Christine.

Lindsey(S) were fine. Neither looked like him, but the singer guy sang fine, and the lead guitar guy was a damned good player.

But probably HALF the songs were Stevie songs. I didn't make a list, and it's been two days(and I listened to the new Mirage on a 300 mile drive today, so....) from what I do remember:
Tusk
Dreams
Say You Love Me
(I'm forgetting order from here on out)
The Chain
YMLF
GYOW
Don't Stop
Rhiannon
Landslide
Gypsy
Hold Me
Second Hand News
Over My Head
Sara
World Turning?
Never Going Back Again
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
Songbird
Silver Springs

I'm sure I forgot to list one or two....

When she did Silver Springs, she was so good, the crowd went crazy at the end(seriously). She is better than Stevie. There, I said it. GO SEE THESE MF's. You WON'T be sorry!!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've never ever gone to a FM tribute band. And I should because at least one of Fleetwood Bac or Rumours of Fleetwood Mac plays regularly at a local venue. Glastonbudget is also near me; I could cycle there. But, not FM tribute this year, so far. (Though, there are lots of other bands.)
Old 02-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
I've never ever gone to a FM tribute band. And I should because at least one of Fleetwood Bac or Rumours of Fleetwood Mac plays regularly at a local venue. Glastonbudget is also near me; I could cycle there. But, not FM tribute this year, so far. (Though, there are lots of other bands.)
I tell you, my last FM seat cost me $350, and this was $12.

I might never see the real FM again!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I tell you, my last FM seat cost me $350, and this was $12.

I might never see the real FM again!!!
I've gone through the venue in question and can't find any fake FM.

It's about £37 to see Rumours of Fleetwood Mac in Birmingham next Monday, but there's an extra £17 or so for transport. Interesting, but I think I'll wait until they come near to me. Glastonbudget is £82, but that's for three days including camping. Transport would be zero if I can find a way to attach my tent to my bike.

EDIT: Fleetwood Bac are playing in Nottingham in May, tickets being £13.50. Seeing a concert in Nottingham by cycle is a major trek, but possible

Last edited by Ench; 02-21-2017 at 01:07 PM..
Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Fleetwood Bac are at Glastonbudget this year- Saturday 27th May;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBbvJD-ez0

From 2015;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyMR80ggM0

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Fleetwood Bac are at Glastonbudget this year- Saturday 27th May;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBbvJD-ez0

From 2015;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyMR80ggM0
Thanks. I saw the set from 2015. I couldn't find Fleetwood Bac on the Glastonbudget website, but on searching again after seeing your post found them here: http://www.glastonbudget.org/stage/main-stage/ The ticket is still £47+, which isn't free. I'd like to see the Bootleg Beatles, but they're on the Friday. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pink Floyd tribute, but they start at 4:10pm, while Fleetwood Bac start at 3:40pm. I presume that they'd overlap.

Hmmm...... Thinking. Tribute bands at The Musician in Leicester are typically about £10-15, and a 15 minute cycle ride away. EDIT: A band called "Fleetingwood Mac" is playing there on the 8th of September. That's a bit far in the future. They only have one female member. EDIT: Not sure I'm completely inspired by their online media, but the recordings aren't wonderful. http://fleetingwoodmac.com/#media

Last edited by Ench; 02-21-2017 at 04:00 PM..