The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default This is the hardest prerecording...

This is the hardest prerecording since "Tango." It seemed to take forever when the album was released. I remember it was pushed back. there was no real internet for us to use back then. Well, this is what it feels like now. There is such a lack of information about the new release. It seems that "The Dance" and "Trouble in..." had so much leakage of information, and none of that seems to be happening now. Of course, this is probably a good thing, but it is so hard, and I can't wait to hear the new tunes.

arnold
Old 05-22-2002, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i think this situation supports the assumption that this album doesn't have a solid record deal yet.
when an album's details and mp3s starts leaking to the net (something which happens with every album release nowdays) it is always due to leaks at the record company's.
since no such details or mp3s are available yet, my guess is that no copies are being circulated at any record company's.

again, i REALLY hope they won't work with warners this time, and find a better home for their music.
since red hot chilly pepper's californication they had zero hit albums there and they managed to screw every release and every artist they worked with, (with the only exemption of linkin park). i really hope mick fleetwood is aware of that.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Last edited by tommer; 05-22-2002 at 01:55 AM..
Old 05-22-2002, 06:36 AM
Ledgie

Angry

I'm seriously starting to worry about there even being a new album. Mick has always been very vocal about anything having to do with the Mac, and like you said, we've heard nothing. Stevie has had so many public appearances lately,and has not said anything either. The little she did say in Jan. after the Grammy nominations,is the last I've heard. With so many bands doing publicity for tours and albums not even coming out for several months it just makes you wonder. Let it go Lindsey!!!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well there was that tidbit in People recently about the Wheat Thins.

Don't scare me so, guys! I'm trying to hang on to these little shreds of info.

Somebody pry that disc out of Lindsey's oh-so-beautiful fingers, please!
Either that, or knock him off his chair cause he's sitting on it.
Just don't damage the hands, please! That boy's gotta tour to play.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who is getting antsy pantsy!
Old 05-22-2002, 07:01 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs down

I do remember the wheat-thin article.but it's still hard to be optimistic. I want a date of release!! Your thinking like me in thinking Lindsey is sitting on this. I love him to death,but we all know he's Mr.Perfection!I just find it hard to figure it out with all of them being so closed mouth on the whole subject. I've been depressed about this subject since yesterday. We need some hard facts SOON!!!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

C'mon now fellow Ledgies...lets try to be patient...and give Mr "Perfect" a break!! All their silence about the record has me thinking maybe they're just going to drop it like a bomb, on the unsuspecting cd buying public, and wake everybody up with some DECENT music for a change!!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was just wondering about this the other day.

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers have a new album coming out in October, and a lot of info has already been released to the press... album title, release date, tour dates. Info on the upcoming Bruce Springsteen And The E-Street Band album has also been circulating.

But there's been no concrete info on The Mac project. Outside of the fact that they're holed-up in a studio somewhere recording.

I want some info!
A title... a possible track-listing... a preview of one of the tracks... something!!!
Arrrgh!

Ok, i've vented. I'm ok now.

At any rate, I think Tommer has the right idea with his theory about The Mac working without a solid record deal.
Hopefully that will be/is being rectified very soon.

Johnny Stew
Old 05-30-2002, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default somone said that backstage at divas...

A good source told me that backstage at the Divas show in las vegas - that stevie said the album will be finished in september. So im thinking a late fall release and a nice longer..winter tour. Just my thoughts

Alex

ps

Sorry..i havn't been posting in a long while..but ive been checking in and lurking!
Old 05-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I was flipping through the channels last night, and just happened to hit the TV Guide Channel right as they were talking about celebrity birthdays, and they said (albeit a few days late, I know) something about Stevie Nicks turning 54, and giving her fans a gift of a new Fleetwood Mac album, without Christine McVie though, and then they showed an interview clip with Stevie and one with Mick..........unfortunately, I had a friend talking to me in my ear and I did not catch what they said on the interview clips. So, still positive things about this album being released....sometime!!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 05-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Finished in September??? Sheesh...that is a hell of a lot of polishing up,lol...oh well..we waited for TISL..we will wait for this...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 05-30-2002, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Late fall '02 or Spring'03?

If the album won't be "finished" until September will it be ready for a release date prior to the holiday releases or will they wait until spring of '03? I spoke with someone in publicity and she said no release date and still not sure about a 2002 release.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand though. Stevie said back in like, January that her songs were already recorded...she just had to add the vocals and do some finishing touches. I agree with Tommer, there has to be something going on with the record companies behind the scenes. Maybe the record company is pissed about Stevie's involvement in the, damn, i forget the name of it. RAC? Recording Artists' Coalition, I think that's right. Maybe Warner Bros. doesn't want to take a chance on Fleetwood Mac again. But if this is just Lindsey being typically himself, I'm going to be annoyed. At this rate Stevie could be well into a new solo album. Gift of Screws this better be not. But it doesn't seem that way to me.

Speaking of which, has it ever occurred to anyone that MAYBE the reason Gift of Screws has never been released is because of record companies? Or am I a stooge and that has been the thought the whole time?
Old 05-31-2002, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We people with our cell phones, our fax machines and our internet are so pampered! Be patient! At least we aren't living in days when we couldn't get any information at all, or the only information we could get would be through a magazine.

Matt