Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
At the Atlanta show, I saw someone dressed up as Stevie. You know- black dress, top hat etc. She was somewhere in the pit, too. I wonder if Lindsey or Christine saw her. I thought it was pretty tacky.
I'm pretty sure that was HomerMcVie
Old 06-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You're joking, right?

How can someone in their right minds go to a BuckVie concert dressed as Stevie? Seriously, some fans....
I wish I were. The secondhand embarrassment was real.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I'm pretty sure that was HomerMcVie
That WAS me! I was living out my fantasy of being her.

I had 4 fingers on my left hand amputated, and 2 on my right. I needed to properly hone my piano skills. And I made sure not to sing out of a 3 note range, so people couldn't tell the difference.

Oh yeah, and I kept spinning like a drunken sailor!

Thanks for noticing me, and giving me props!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That WAS me! I was living out my fantasy of being her.

I had 4 fingers on my left hand amputated, and 2 on my right. I needed to properly hone my piano skills. And I made sure not to sing out of a 3 note range, so people couldn't tell the difference.

Oh yeah, and I kept spinning like a drunken sailor!

Thanks for noticing me, and giving me props!!!
Please, she's not just a singer! She's also a gifted musician! That's what her delusional fans keep telling themselves.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-26-2017 at 07:08 PM..
Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please, she's not just a singer! She's also a gifted musician! That's what her desilusional fans keep telling themselves.
Delusional is a good word for that.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Delusional is a good word for that.
Editing myself because I mispelled "delusional"!

This is what I get for being a b*tch with the witch!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Editing myself because I mispelled "delusional"!

This is what I get for being a b*tch with the witch!
Somebody has to do it, and I'm certainly glad you found us here!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I wish I were. The secondhand embarrassment was real.
Well, if she was in the pit, I'm sure Lindsey saw her. And then some fans wonder why he draws moustaches to her album pics...

Quote:
Somebody has to do it, and I'm certainly glad you found us here!
And I'm so glad to have been found!

Damn distance! I hope we can all meet someday. Although I'd probably die of shyness.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if she was in the pit, I'm sure Lindsey saw her. And then some fans wonder why he draws moustaches to her album pics...

And I'm so glad to have been found!

Damn distance! I hope we can all meet someday. Although I'd probably die of shyness.
I've been laughing about the mustache ever since I read it!

I'm glad you were found, too.

There's no need to be shy. I really am the easiest person in the world to talk to(even though a lot of people here think I'm mean ). Strangers approach me all day long(it's true, and it drives my friends nuts!), wanting to talk to me,ask directions, etc...(truth be told, it drives me a little crazy, too). I call my gift "apple pie". Because everyone feels comfortable around me. Not bragging, at all. Just an observation from my world.

Stevie fans probably think I'm over here throwing puppies into a fire...
Old 06-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been laughing about the mustache ever since I read it!

I'm glad you were found, too.

There's no need to be shy. I really am the easiest person in the world to talk to(even though a lot of people here think I'm mean ). Strangers approach me all day long(it's true, and it drives my friends nuts!), wanting to talk to me,ask directions, etc...(truth be told, it drives me a little crazy, too). I call my gift "apple pie". Because everyone feels comfortable around me. Not bragging, at all. Just an observation from my world.

Stevie fans probably think I'm over here throwing puppies into a fire...
Some Stevie fans can't even find the humor in something so innocent as drawing a moustache into a Stevie's pic. Come on! They have known each other since they were teenagers! I don't think she can find the gesture offensive! But they have to put in front of her to somehow defend her. Crazy stuff!

Haha! I think we both have a double personality! I'm the sweetest person, even with strangers, who also approach me at the supermarket or at the bank to ask me anything!

I may pay a visit to Nashville on next year FM tour, but you have to promise to go to their concert, even to see Stevie.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some Stevie fans can't even find the humor in something so innocent as drawing a moustache into a Stevie's pic. Come on! They have known each other since they were teenagers! I don't think she can find the gesture offensive! But they have to put in front of her to somehow defend her. Crazy stuff!

Haha! I think we both have a double personality! I'm the sweetest person, even with strangers, who also approach me at the supermarket or at the bank to ask me anything!

I may pay a visit to Nashville on next year FM tour, but you have to promise to go to their concert, even to see Stevie.
I know! Zero sense of humor when it comes to her. She's made herself into the perfect target, imo. The mustache really knocked Lindsey up a couple points in my book!

My friends are always like, "WHY do people always approach you?". I'm like, "IDK. You can have them if you want. It's not like I'm advertising for them to bother me! "

I'd buy cheap seats for her! I only live in Nashville about every other week. I have a condo there, but I also have a house in Indiana. 3.5 hour drive, and I'm here one week, there the next. When I'm in Nashville, I'm basically on vacation, every other week.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd buy cheap seats for her! I only live in Nashville about every other week. I have a condo there, but I also have a house in Indiana. 3.5 hour drive, and I'm here one week, there the next. When I'm in Nashville, I'm basically on vacation, every other week.
Sweet! I want to be like you when I grow up!

And because this is the Raleigh show thread and we're here with our sweet convo boring the rest of the forum , here's a pic from Saturday's show:

Damn mic!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sweet! I want to be like you when I grow up!

And because this is the Raleigh show thread and we're here with our sweet convo boring the rest of the forum , here's a pic from Saturday's show:

Damn mic!
Thanks.

I've been threadjacking here since 2003!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Ledgie

I was also in Atlanta and I wanted to confirm the Stevie top hat girl. I turned to my friends: DOESN'T SHE REALIZE THIS IS BUCKINGHAM MCVIE!!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
I was also in Atlanta and I wanted to confirm the Stevie top hat girl. I turned to my friends: DOESN'T SHE REALIZE THIS IS BUCKINGHAM MCVIE!!
Exactly! Why do they have to be so extremely, insanely, insufferable devoted to her?