User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
I always choose to think that when she now talks about making touring money with Fleetwood Mac, she is speaking as someone who wants to make sure that Mick and John are getting fresh cash in their piggy banks every few years. I think it's now only out of a sense of loyalty and care for John and Mick that she would even consider another 135 shows at 70 years of age. Fire away.
I never thought of it like that. You could be on to something. She clearly doesn't need the $$ for clothes since she's been wearing the same outfit for the past 10 years!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
After she said she doesn't see a Mac album happening again I wish they had hit her with a follow up question to ask if she feels the same way about recording solo. It would have been interesting to hear the answer in light of all the "music business just isn't the same, so no point in making any new records" stuff.
My best guess is that I think that it's cheaper recording with someone like Dave Stewart versus recording with Fleetwood Mac. I know she records faster with Dave, so that's less studio time, and studio time is what costs a lot, right?

Jamie
Old 03-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always choose to think that when she now talks about making touring money with Fleetwood Mac, she is speaking as someone who wants to make sure that Mick and John are getting fresh cash in their piggy banks every few years. I think it's now only out of a sense of loyalty and care for John and Mick that she would even consider another 135 shows at 70 years of age. Fire away.
I believe this to be true as well.

Jamie
Old 03-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I think this is very true, but it's not just for Mick and John. You have to remember that both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac are the employers of a large group of people. Sharon and Lori (or Marilyn this time around), Waddy, Stevie's makeup and wardrobe people, the roadies, the tour managers, etc., on down the line. For some of these people it's their only career and only chance to make money. Not Waddy, he plays with everyone, but someone like Sharon doesn't. Then let's also remember that Mick has gone bankrupt at least twice. So making a lot of money is never just for her.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
I think this is very true, but it's not just for Mick and John. You have to remember that both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac are the employers of a large group of people. Sharon and Lori (or Marilyn this time around), Waddy, Stevie's makeup and wardrobe people, the roadies, the tour managers, etc., on down the line. For some of these people it's their only career and only chance to make money. Not Waddy, he plays with everyone, but someone like Sharon doesn't. Then let's also remember that Mick has gone bankrupt at least twice. So making a lot of money is never just for her.
Indeedidly!
Old 03-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

actually Sharon has had a very successful run as a backup singer/studio singer for lots of people besides Stevie. I recall an article once naming some of the people and Mick Jagger was one..

I think if she meant supporting her employees or other band members she'd have said that.

I'm sorry but I don't think she is worried about helping Mick and John. I have loved this woman since the 70s but I think that's optimistic. Can I prove it? No.

She works hard, too hard to meet up with old friends do do dinner or have a drink or coffee? Really? I'm not buying that. She does a lot of socializing before and after shows.... they could easily come backstage or whatever even for a half hour or something. She "hangs out" with her own entourage. I get that she's almost 70 and clearly touring is more exhausting than ever. I just think she's gotten so into this routine of work, work work, and doesn't have the same personal commitments when she's off the road to kids, family, cleaning the house, whatever that her entourage has that when they get home off the road, those people all go off and have major things to do. She doesn't. So she gets bored or whatever.

Remember the "I want to sit in my trailer in Malibu that I bought but have never spent time in coz FM toured so long?" Yeah, that never happened. She could be doing that NOW. Instead, she's touring. And extending her tour. wtf.

She sounds like she's still bitter about not getting a break because Chris came back.

She wants out of FM but she doesn't have the guts to say it. This irritates me to no end. I hope (even though it's not likely) the Lindsey/Chris thing does really well now.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
actually Sharon has had a very successful run as a backup singer/studio singer for lots of people besides Stevie. I recall an article once naming some of the people and Mick Jagger was one..

I think if she meant supporting her employees or other band members she'd have said that.

I'm sorry but I don't think she is worried about helping Mick and John. I have loved this woman since the 70s but I think that's optimistic. Can I prove it? No.

She works hard, too hard to meet up with old friends do do dinner or have a drink or coffee? Really? I'm not buying that. She does a lot of socializing before and after shows.... they could easily come backstage or whatever even for a half hour or something. She "hangs out" with her own entourage. I get that she's almost 70 and clearly touring is more exhausting than ever. I just think she's gotten so into this routine of work, work work, and doesn't have the same personal commitments when she's off the road to kids, family, cleaning the house, whatever that her entourage has that when they get home off the road, those people all go off and have major things to do. She doesn't. So she gets bored or whatever.

Remember the "I want to sit in my trailer in Malibu that I bought but have never spent time in coz FM toured so long?" Yeah, that never happened. She could be doing that NOW. Instead, she's touring. And extending her tour. wtf.

She sounds like she's still bitter about not getting a break because Chris came back.

She wants out of FM but she doesn't have the guts to say it. This irritates me to no end. I hope (even though it's not likely) the Lindsey/Chris thing does really well now.
I agree with many things you said but actually in one of the recent interviews Stevie mentioned being preoccupied in the past about what would happen to her employees if she did stop working.
I don't think it's the only nor the main reason, but I think she does think about her employees too.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
My best guess is that I think that it's cheaper recording with someone like Dave Stewart versus recording with Fleetwood Mac. I know she records faster with Dave, so that's less studio time, and studio time is what costs a lot, right?

Jamie
Anyone with a laptop and a master bedroom can make a record
Old 03-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Um, could they have made her picture any less flattering?
Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Registered

Is the miniseries about Rhiannon and the Welsh gods in addition to the full length movie about Rihannon with soundtrack. and will that be before or after the Goldfish and ladybug cartoon a full Las Vegas Extravaganza ,the album of duets with Tom and a live recording of her latest tour?

Last edited by olive; 03-10-2017 at 04:54 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Um, could they have made her picture any less flattering?
It's an illustration by an artist but yes, it exaggerates a bit the chiaroscuro in some unflattering points.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
All her interviews always touch me. I don't know what it is. I feel so connected to her person.

"Don't listen to other people. In your heart of hearts, you know what's best for you."

can someone turn that into one of those quote pictures?
Love that quote! I made a quote pic of it as requested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StevieQuote22.jpg (82.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I'm having trouble understanding her answer to the "you chose not to participate" question. Is she saying they should've given Stevie her two years off after giving Christine 16 years off? (Though I guess it's a moot point because in the next answer she says she wouldn't record an album anyway?)

Stevie whisperers please
You have a right to be confused but Stevie logic is not logic
She says "if the music industry was different" maybe she would have contributed to another Mac album.
That makes no sense. By her logic she should have never done In Your Dreams and 24K gold. But she did them, they are her least successful albums but she is extremely proud of them and says its some of the best music she has ever done.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You have a right to be confused but Stevie logic is not logic
She says "if the music industry was different" maybe she would have contributed to another Mac album.
That makes no sense. By her logic she should have never done In Your Dreams and 24K gold. But she did them, they are her least successful albums but she is extremely proud of them and says its some of the best music she has ever done.
The difference is she enjoyed recording those.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
The difference is she enjoyed recording those.
Oh I agree. I just wish she would be honest and quit complaining and using the industry as the reason she is not on the new record.