The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been reading German, Belgian and Dutch reviews and they are very mixed. General consensus is that that Christine sounds old and frail and at times off key, Mick can't keep up with the tempo, Neil and Mike are appreciated but Lindsey is missed, the nostalgia factor worked well for the festivals, but as a closer for the 50th Pinkpop it just wasn't spectacular enough.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Sanne2; 06-12-2019 at 04:20 AM..
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Ledgie

Button-lip, so I actually was at the concert and wrote a review (which takes a while because english is not my first language). You on the other hand just post random Tweets in different languages to prove me wrong.

That's pretty rude.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
Button-lip, so I actually was at the concert and wrote a review (which takes a while because english is not my first language). You on the other hand just post random Tweets in different languages to prove me wrong.

That's pretty rude.
if you followed the link of that article that button lip was so nice to take time and share with us, you would realize that 1) it's a review article, and 2) it is basically summarizing bunch of tweets with examples of some impressions of fans who were there. some are positive, some are negative. the article title is:

"This is what you thought of Fleetwood Mac on Pinkpop 2019"

nobody is diminishing your review or experience, and nobody else is rude, least of all button lip. you can probably much better understand the tweets that are captured in that article than most of us can. google translate didn't catch the translation of every single tweet there, but if you want to do that for us, that would be fabulous.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post

That's pretty rude.
I didn't know I was being rude by posting reviews of other fans that were at those concerts just like you. Why is it your review better than those of other fans that were there?

Prove you wrong? Why am I trying to prove you wrong? If you don't like other people's experiences at those concerts, that's pretty much your problem, not mine.

Don't worry, next time I will ask for your permission before posting.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I didn't know I was being rude by posting reviews of other fans that were at those concerts just like you. Why is it your review better than those of other fans that were there?

Prove you wrong? Why am I trying to prove you wrong? If you don't like other people's experiences at those concerts, that's pretty much your problem, not mine.

Don't worry, next time I will ask for your permission before posting.
Oh sure, Jen.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everytime I tried to load The Ledge last two weeks, it didnt work... finally I thought it´s gone .

So I was in Berlin at concert and it was great, as allways to see Fleetwood Mac live. Yeah, of course Lindsey is missed. I was not near any loudspeaker or sth, so I didnt hear any mistakes or how Christine or Stevie were struggling with their voices. I have to say that Christine sounded good to me, yeah of course she´s not 40 anymore, but to be honest I expected her voice to be worse... it was really fine. I was actually surprised of shape of Stevie´s voice. I guess it was still about the pneumonia she get through, because on the videos on youtobe of later gigs it get better. In Berlin we heard a lot how she changed the heights of singing in songs like Dreams or Rhiannon, she totally didnt get that high as she should on that song, that was a little disappointing. Also I was disappointed that the gig had to last only 2 hours because of noise after 22 o´clock. So there was no All Over Again, no Gold Dust Woman, no Tell Me All The Things You Do.... pity that they didnt bring back Isn´t It Midnight instead of Hold Me.

And yeah, the heavy rain was not nice too :-D. It would be so great to have nice weather there when its open air concert... but we were not lucky. At least it didnt rain the whole time. The atmosphere was great anyway.

I saw Fleetwood Mac in 2009, 2013 and 2015, so this time it was for the 4th time and it was special in one thing, because I was there with my boyfriend. I was there alone allways, but Im not single anymore, so that was nice. Even that he´s no Fleetwood Mac fan as I am, but he said that it was nice concert :-D.

And Don't Dream It's Over is great song, I like it.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!

Last edited by Matthew; 06-22-2019 at 10:44 AM..
Old 06-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad you kept trying and finally got on to leave your review.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
I've been reading German, Belgian and Dutch reviews and they are very mixed. General consensus is that that Christine sounds old and frail and at times off key, Mick can't keep up with the tempo, Neil and Mike are appreciated but Lindsey is missed, the nostalgia factor worked well for the festivals, but as a closer for the 50th Pinkpop it just wasn't spectacular enough.
that's what i saw too, from what i can catch using different social media translate functions. sounds pretty factual and neutral. some positives, some negatives.

all in all if people thought the reviews of Classics in summer of 2017 were bad and something needed to be done with the band, these reviews are way worse than those Classic ones.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"