User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Strand, what you say has some validity. In those cases, the voters latched on to something they saw in the candidate, call it the leadership thing, at a time when despair and frustration was high. This Iraq thing, though most Americans claimed they favored the war, is going to be Bush's undoing, in addition to a faltering economy. The more evidence that surfaces showing the American public has been had, the more it will benefit Dean.

See, eventually Americans do the right thing. Unfortunately a lot of damage gets done while they wait around to be convinced.

Dudes, I gotta do some work now...
I agree. However, I think that for many, including myself, favoring the war, perhaps for the reasons I have repeatedly suggested in other threads, and what has happened are not inconsistent. For example, W's lie about the nuclear stuff and America's apparent lack of any stated or readily discernable exit strategy much less any stated or readily discernable plan for rebuilding Iraq in a manner that the world could go "Wow - look at the good America did" is awful and a reason not to reelect him and his cronies. But, as we and others have gone back and forth about, it does not change my opinion that the removal of SH was justified. It just makes me think the current administration did it a lot like the three stogges would have done it and for that they should be ousted I think a lot of people are like me and, hopefully, that will be enough to stop W's reelection.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-12-2004 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
He says tongue in cheek - "Finally - some sense outa you!!!"

I think Clark may very well get the nomination. But, I also think it will be either Dean or Clark. Out of the two, I think Clark is a stronger candidate. But, Dean has that whole unknown internet fan base (LIKE STEVIE ) going for him. So, we shall see in about two weeks.
One primary does not a president make. I think we'll start to have a pretty good blueprint by Super Tuesday.
BTW, Paul Tsongas won NH in '00.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
One primary does not a president make. I think we'll start to have a pretty good blueprint by Super Tuesday.
BTW, Paul Tsongas won NH in '00.
Who

I agree, I mean W got slammed in New Hampshire didn't he?

Old 01-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Who

I agree, I mean W got slammed in New Hampshire didn't he?
I'm sure he did, although I can't really remember. When "Live free or die" is your state motto, you know they're not messing around.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG - I was just on CNN's website at the "Blanco's inaugural: New image, old problems" at
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

Interestingly, I used to date her daughter a little bit in high school!! Gov. Blanco is a very nice lady and I am happy she won, but boy does she have an uphill battle.

Anyway, this video comes on and it is "Bush's Greatest Hits" and was just a slam on the current administration. I think the site for it is here http://www.bushin30seconds.org/people/?aol=1&email=

I hope this works. It is worth checking out.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
W got slammed in New Hampshire didn't he?
He did in the primaries I think, but I'm pretty sure NH was the only New England state Bush won in the election. Doesn't matter... Just kind of ironic.

~Krista
Old 01-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
He did in the primaries I think, but I'm pretty sure NH was the only New England state Bush won in the election. Doesn't matter... Just kind of ironic.

~Krista
Bush actually won Rhode Island as well. I was shocked.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
OMG - I was just on CNN's website at the "Blanco's inaugural: New image, old problems" at
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

Interestingly, I used to date her daughter a little bit in high school!! Gov. Blanco is a very nice lady and I am happy she won, but boy does she have an uphill battle.

Anyway, this video comes on and it is "Bush's Greatest Hits" and was just a slam on the current administration. I think the site for it is here http://www.bushin30seconds.org/people/?aol=1&email=

I hope this works. It is worth checking out.
Who cut 66 million dollars from the charity hospital's budget?

Bush in 30 seconds is one of my favorites.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bush actually won Rhode Island as well. I was shocked.
I was stunned myself.

I live two houses down from the school that held the voting on Election Day and there were people lined up from my house into the center of town trying to get people to vote for Gore. I was one of 'em. I still have my picket, actually...

Old 01-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. However, I think that for many, including myself, favoring the war, perhaps for the reasons I have repeatedly suggested in other threads, and what has happened are not inconsistent. For example, W's lie about the nuclear stuff and America's apparent lack of any stated or readily discernable exit strategy much less any stated or readily discernable plan for rebuilding Iraq in a manner that the world could go "Wow - look at the good America did" is awful and a reason not to reelect him and his cronies. But, as we and others have gone back and forth about, it does not change my opinion that the removal of SH was justified. It just makes me think the current administration did it a lot like the three stogges would have done it and for that they should be ousted I think a lot of people are like me and, hopefully, that will be enough to stop W's reelection.
Valid points, although, unfortunately, the Dems aren't really helping the cause with the group that is currently running...I don't see a Presidential candidate among them. God help us if Dean gets elected....

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I was stunned myself.

I live two houses down from the school that held the voting on Election Day and there were people lined up from my house into the center of town trying to get people to vote for Gore. I was one of 'em. I still have my picket, actually...
Carne thinks because I raised the voting machine issue, that I'm backing Kerry. I was just glad that someone got it out there. Have you heard about these damn things?
Old 01-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carne thinks because I raised the voting machine issue, that I'm backing Kerry. I was just glad that someone got it out there. Have you heard about these damn things?
Not much about them, unfortunately. What's the deal?

I will firmly stand and say that I'm a Kerry supporter. I think he'd do a bang-up job as president.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh...my...christ.

Dean just committed suicide: he said he has much admiration for Bush Sr.

Old 01-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh...my...christ.

is right...in what context did he say this?

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Oh...my...christ.

Howard just goes with the wind.

Check out www.blackboxvoting.com for the skinny on the Diebold voting machines.