User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Regarding John & Lindsey not being as “amorous” as Mick & Stevie, didn’t the famous groupie Sweet Connie claim to have bedded them both? If they planted their poles in her, I’m thinking they weren’t exactly puritans. They were probably just more discreet about their conquests.
Well, Lindsey spent MUCH of his time in the studio, while let's face it, John was probably too drunk to do it, or even care, for many years.

There's really only one member that we know has a LOOOONNNNGGGGGG list. $tevie. $he must use synthetic oil in that thing...
Old 11-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Chris is the puzzle piece for me. Did she sign a contract and couldn't get out of it? Maybe she figured Lindsey would "understand" somehow? She's known Mick forever and probably feels closer to him than anyone else. I don't know. She's always been the no nonsense one to me. If Mick, Stevie and John agreed to fire Lindsey then informed Chris later wasn't she pissed off that they kind of decided for her? I read somewhere that she left or was ticked off for a week then came around. I wish I knew more about her role in this. Could be that I know what her role is and just don't understand it. Lindsey made her promise not to leave again so I guess she's keeping her promise....

She looked so uncomfortable in that CBS interview. I don't get it.
After witnessing the (apparent) bond between Chris and Lindsey on BuckVie, her FAILURE to do anything about his firing is the puzzle piece that made zero sense. Didn't Lindsey say she's "fragile" now? I would equate that to "old age is catching up with her".... I dunno.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
After witnessing the (apparent) bond between Chris and Lindsey on BuckVie, her FAILURE to do anything about his firing is the puzzle piece that made zero sense. Didn't Lindsey say she's "fragile" now? I would equate that to "old age is catching up with her".... I dunno.
I think Christine just likes being in the band..
She missed performing in Fleetwood Mac she’d been away for 16 years..and didn’t want that again.
She missed her British chums, Stevie and Lindsey also.

But John, Mick and Christine go back a long way, maybe and it is maybe, that’s why she chose to remain.
Plus the deed was done, tho she should have contacted Lindsey to at least explain herself and her position.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the bigger question will be and the answer will be more clear at the end of the tour - Does Christine like being in Stevie's band? Because that's what it has turned into. There's a difference.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think the bigger question will be and the answer will be more clear at the end of the tour - Does Christine like being in Stevie's band? Because that's what it has turned into. There's a difference.
I think she's so old now(and in fragile voice), that she's just happy to be out there.

Much like Lindsey carried BuckVie, I don't think she's capable of being "the star" these days.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for a BuckVie II. Not even because of what happened with his firing, but more so, her age and diminishing capacity.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You refuse someone’s phone call? SMH.

The anger and depression does not wear off or lessen.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I think Stevie uses Mick. Oh, I am sure she cares for him and did back then too, but I believe he shielded her from "The Big, Bad Wolf" after their break-up. She ran to Mick to protect her and be on her side.

In her own words....nothing ever changes.
She pretty much said that herself:
"He was just like a great dark wing, within the wings of a storm"
Old 11-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You refuse someone’s phone call? SMH.

The anger and depression does not wear off or lessen.
I agree, how could someone think that was ok??..........unless they were told by a legal team.

When I read this comment about the anger and depression, it suddenly hit me, what a horrible place Lindsey must have been in. It made my heart ache to think of what his heart had been feeling. No wonder Kristen commented on him being so blindsided and hurt.

But the Chris stance is just so weird. So wrong, doesn't matter what she thinks is the reasoning behind that behaviour.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Regarding John & Lindsey not being as “amorous” as Mick & Stevie, didn’t the famous groupie Sweet Connie claim to have bedded them both? If they planted their poles in her, I’m thinking they weren’t exactly puritans. They were probably just more discreet about their conquests.
Yes she did. I watched that groupie documentary. However she said she only 'ran the home run', so to speak, with Mick. And according to her, he had a "chemical dependency" issue. John and Lindsey she just... serviced. John in a dressing room on tour and Lindsey at the Village Recorder during Tusk, which she was apparently flown out for.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Yes she did. I watched that groupie documentary. However she said she only 'ran the home run', so to speak, with Mick. And according to her, he had a "chemical dependency" issue. John and Lindsey she just... serviced. John in a dressing room on tour and Lindsey at the Village Recorder during Tusk, which she was apparently flown out for.
I agree about the Mick thing, I read she said that she spent a weekend at Mick's house, and they drank beer and did coke all weekend. Among other activities.

I wonder who he was married to at the time that this went on? Or if he was even married?
Old 11-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I agree about the Mick thing, I read she said that she spent a weekend at Mick's house, and they drank beer and did coke all weekend. Among other activities.

I wonder who he was married to at the time that this went on? Or if he was even married?
If it was all around the same time then I think it was either when he was 'married' to Jenny but they weren't really together or while he was 'with' Stevie.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
And you he did that just to piss off Stevie!
Old 11-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

Has Mick ever *not* been married?

Seems like the ink never dries on the divorce papers before he's signing his next marriage certificate...
Old 11-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Has Mick ever *not* been married?

Seems like the ink never dries on the divorce papers before he's signing his next marriage certificate...
I think Dick is very needy. Just like he can't let FM die, I think he also needs someone around him all the time. Maybe he's afraid to be alone?
Old 11-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Let's assume for a moment that Lindsey is correct - that Stevie said she wouldn't stay in the band if Lindsey were there. Do you think there might be reasons for her to feel that way? Do you think Lindsey had any role in her feeling that way? Or do you really believe that Stevie simply make an ultimatum with no legitimate reasons? It seems awfully unlikely that she would push to remove the musical leader of the band putting the entire future of the band in jeopardy unless she had some legitimate reasons. Most interpersonal conflicts involve blame on both sides and almost never have one-sided blame. Food for thought.
Of course she had reasons, or at least one reason. I would love to see a video of Lindsey's outburst over the walkout music at Musicares. If he really flew off the handle in a particularly nasty way, it might explain a lot.