User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Bubba don't forget about the ladies...you know I tapped that back in the 80's and it was way overrated . At least I can safely say none of the abortions were a result of our encounter!
Oh sure, throw THAT in my face now, why don't ya!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Actually, snow white is pretty accurate.
Yeah, that's what "Big Curtis" said.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Stevie's songs, her singing, her performances...that's all we need to be concerned about or think we have a say in!
I disagree. We also need to be concerned and feel we have a say in whether Stevie wears platform Reeboks versus suede platform boots, whether she uses a plastic crescent-moon tamborine verses a wooden round one, whether she bedecks her mic stand with black ribbons versus real flowers, etc.
We also need to be concerned whether she sounds nasal and dull versus ferocious and speaking-in-tongues, whether she sways from side-to-side with legs in a V-formation or launches into full-out gypsy spins, etc.

There is still MUCH to be concerned with.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On the flipside, though, I agree....this is none of our business. Stevie's songs, her singing, her performances...that's all we need to be concerned about or think we have a say in. Any thing else is HER life, Nuff said!
what, so even if it's something stevie has addressed, the fans can't discuss it? bullsh*t. as skuncles said, it's not speculation. stevie threw it out there. it's too late to put the lid on it.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm definitely pro-choice, but I've got to say.....FOUR??? One, O.K., two, maybe....but FOUR?? Abortion IS NOT a form of birth control.
Um, yes it is. Either you believe in Stevie's right to choose, or you don't.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Um, yes it is. Either you believe in Stevie's right to choose, or you don't.

As Britney Spears once said,

"LADIES and GENTLEMEN - - - START your ENGINES!!!"

Wake me if the barn burns down....
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
As Britney Spears once said,

"LADIES and GENTLEMEN - - - START your ENGINES!!!"

Wake me if the barn burns down....
See you could've left that alone...and if it starts something it becomes not about Stevie Nicks, but a political debate that belongs in another forum.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I say we have the right to discuss it all we want. But I also say, who cares if Stevie had 4 abortions? For starters, she was addicted to cocaine. Do you really think it would be a good idea to give birth to a child while addicted to coke? Secondly, Stevie was extremely busy in those years, she didn't have time to take nine months off to be pregnant and then raise a child. Having a child was very dangerous for her, not only physically, but financially. Stevie Nicks may have just gone into the abyss and been an unknown one hit wonder had she had children. So she was forced with a decision and she chose to abort. That being said, I don't think Stevie threw the pregnancy test in the trash and waltzed down to the abortion clinic before lunch and with a click of her heels was like, "Oh hey Jim, I'm back for another abortion! Suck it out quick, I've got a steak and some chardonnay with my name on it waiting for me." I think these were tough decisions for her and she made them because she felt she had to, but they still haunt her today. "And I who went to sleep in tears, woke in tears for all of the years" shows she is still deeply sad she didn't keep the children and "yes, I was outspoken" shows she feels today like abortion was the wrong decision. If I had been in Stevie's position, I don't know what I would have done, so I don't hold it against her.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Well said
Old 09-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I say we have the right to discuss it all we want. But I also say, who cares if Stevie had 4 abortions? For starters, she was addicted to cocaine. Do you really think it would be a good idea to give birth to a child while addicted to coke? Secondly, Stevie was extremely busy in those years, she didn't have time to take nine months off to be pregnant and then raise a child. Having a child was very dangerous for her, not only physically, but financially. Stevie Nicks may have just gone into the abyss and been an unknown one hit wonder had she had children. So she was forced with a decision and she chose to abort. That being said, I don't think Stevie threw the pregnancy test in the trash and waltzed down to the abortion clinic before lunch and with a click of her heels was like, "Oh hey Jim, I'm back for another abortion! Suck it out quick, I've got a steak and some chardonnay with my name on it waiting for me." I think these were tough decisions for her and she made them because she felt she had to, but they still haunt her today. "And I who went to sleep in tears, woke in tears for all of the years" shows she is still deeply sad she didn't keep the children and "yes, I was outspoken" shows she feels today like abortion was the wrong decision. If I had been in Stevie's position, I don't know what I would have done, so I don't hold it against her.
Great job and well said! I can't help but agree with you!

You can add me on Facebook
Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I can throw in my 2 cents here and be serious for a minute. At the end of the day, I....don't .....care. Hey, we all have regrets. Some of us have some pretty major regrets too. It's called, "Living Your Life and Making Decisions At That Time." As you get older, there is alot of...would've....should've....could've ....that you live with, but in the end, you just shung and say, "Yeah, well I didn't." and you get on with the rest of your life. If Stevie had any of these abortions, she didn't have them lightly and I'm sure she lives with the decisions but it does not change how I feel about her one single bit. I have always loved the fact that Stevie played the boys game of drugs, sex and rock & roll and played it just as well as they did and yet, she didn't try to be one of the boys. She didn't try to butch it up. She remained a woman with her lace and her pretty things and she surrounded herself with beautiful women. But she played that game.......and she crashed and burned for it too. But she came out of the weckage stronger and wiser and that's all you can ask of anybody. Hey, we all love the dirt ( admit it) and I've heard some stories that are pretty darn wild and shocking ( like at lot of you, I'm sure) but I don't judge Stevie. It's all part of a wild and damn interesting life of a rock & roll woman named Stevie Nicks and it's a big reason why she fascinates me so much.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

She is a celebrity, people should expect stuff like this will eventually surface. If people don't like it then don't read about it. I'm sure she regrets it, i'm sure all women who have abortions wish in the end they hadn't done it. Personally I don't agree with abortion i think it's wrong, but i'm not going to say she's a bad person cause she did it.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
If I can throw in my 2 cents here and be serious for a minute. At the end of the day, I....don't .....care. Hey, we all have regrets. Some of us have some pretty major regrets too. It's called, "Living Your Life and Making Decisions At That Time." As you get older, there is alot of...would've....should've....could've ....that you live with, but in the end, you just shung and say, "Yeah, well I didn't." and you get on with the rest of your life. If Stevie had any of these abortions, she didn't have them lightly and I'm sure she lives with the decisions but it does not change how I feel about her one single bit. I have always loved the fact that Stevie played the boys game of drugs, sex and rock & roll and played it just as well as they did and yet, she didn't try to be one of the boys. She didn't try to butch it up. She remained a woman with her lace and her pretty things and she surrounded herself with beautiful women. But she played that game.......and she crashed and burned for it too. But she came out of the weckage stronger and wiser and that's all you can ask of anybody. Hey, we all love the dirt ( admit it) and I've heard some stories that are pretty darn wild and shocking ( like at lot of you, I'm sure) but I don't judge Stevie. It's all part of a wild and damn interesting life of a rock & roll woman named Stevie Nicks and it's a big reason why she fascinates me so much.
That was an excellent post Bubba. I mean I don't know how much of the image is real, how many stories are true and how much of it is part of a record company's smoke and mirrors - but at the end of the day despite what we know or don't know or whatever we perceive about her actions - embellished or not - whatever she did, she did and she has had to live with the consequences. I think she's wiser too. She's one of the few women to
Old 09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Her home in Encino - up the road from Dave Stewart's house and over the brow of the hill from that of her former lover Tom Petty
This seriously makes me question the credibility of the "facts" in this dude's article.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
See you could've left that alone...and if it starts something it becomes not about Stevie Nicks, but a political debate that belongs in another forum.
especially since the thread had already been dead for more than 24 hours.