Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hold Me-- Amusing? Yes.

I've been watching the video for Hold Me on a loop for the past fifteen minutes or so. Now, I love the song, and the video is quite possibly one of the hottest things I have ever seen (hello, Chris! ), but there is one scene that never fails to make me laugh: At about... 3:50 (just after the random shot of the horse painting, and Christine looking into the telescope at Lindsey) when the chorus starts up again, and she sort of... pops up into those shards of glass? I don't know why, but I crack up. Every single time.
All throughout the video, she just seems to be begging for someone to er, "hold her", and that seemed like her final plea, or something. "HOLD ME!"
*boing* "HOLD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Is it just the immense amount of medicine talking, or is this funny?
Old 10-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It cracks me up, too! I think this is the first time I've seen someone else acknowledge it. Whenever I watch that video, I'm like Aw, she's soooooooo beautiful and then aw, she's so desperate. I don't think anyone in that video wants to be held as much as Chris. (Wish I'd been there because I could've helped ).

And, are you just like me in that when I see Chris in that video, I'm like "Stevie who?" Usually I think they're both hot but Chris really, really stands out there.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
It cracks me up, too! I think this is the first time I've seen someone else acknowledge it. Whenever I watch that video, I'm like Aw, she's soooooooo beautiful and then aw, she's so desperate. I don't think anyone in that video wants to be held as much as Chris. (Wish I'd been there because I could've helped ).

And, are you just like me in that when I see Chris in that video, I'm like "Stevie who?" Usually I think they're both hot but Chris really, really stands out there.
LOL! Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one. She's gorgeous, but I have to laugh, especially at the part where she sort of runs her hand through her hair, and gives this sort of... look. Like, "PLEASE!?? I'm gonna cry!" (see attachment)

Stevie looks pretty good too, all stressed and "Oh em gee, I'm so BORED! *hair fluff* This painting sucks, allow me to fix it", but Chris looks especially stunning. The hair, the makeup... Everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holdme.jpg (42.1 KB, 41 views)
Old 10-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
LOL! Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one. She's gorgeous, but I have to laugh, especially at the part where she sort of runs her hand through her hair, and gives this sort of... look. Like, "PLEASE!?? I'm gonna cry!" (see attachment)

Stevie looks pretty good too, all stressed and "Oh em gee, I'm so BORED! *hair fluff* This painting sucks, allow me to fix it", but Chris looks especially stunning. The hair, the makeup... Everything.
I love your descriptions.

And I love the hand-through-her-hair part! I have a still of that, too.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love your descriptions.

And I love the hand-through-her-hair part! I have a still of that, too.
I wish there was some way I could cap the entire video. Damn Windows Media Player!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always thought that Christine's very dramatic gestures & expressions in this video were pretty funny too. But, she looks beautiful!! I've never even noticed Stevie. Lindsey looks awfully good though.

By the way goldustsongbird, how did you get that picture of Chris from the video? Did you use Windows Media Player?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I've never even noticed Stevie.
Damn!
Quote:
By the way goldustsongbird, how did you get that picture of Chris from the video? Did you use Windows Media Player?
I've never tried it, but I've been told that there's a button you can press to make stills in with that player. I used to have something that I believe was called Screen Hunter that did the trick, but I had a free trial and it ran out. Anyway, I'll let her answer that because it was addressed to her and not me, anyway.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The person who makes the buddy icons for Burnish noticed that Stevie is in that video!

(I'm just teasing you. )
Attached Images
File Type: gif hmhairflip.gif (6.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: gif hmneckcrane2.gif (6.5 KB, 128 views)
File Type: gif hmstevielean2.gif (6.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: gif hmwalk2.gif (6.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: gif holdmehair.gif (6.3 KB, 124 views)
Old 10-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The person who makes the buddy icons for Burnish noticed that Stevie is in that video!

(I'm just teasing you. )
Old 10-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Damn!
I've never tried it, but I've been told that there's a button you can press to make stills in with that player. I used to have something that I believe was called Screen Hunter that did the trick, but I had a free trial and it ran out. Anyway, I'll let her answer that because it was addressed to her and not me, anyway.
I'm going to check that out in Windows Media Player. I've never heard that before. I'd love to make some stills from those video clips from Christine's website that I have on my hard drive.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

You wanna know what's funny about this song?

There's no step for you to dance to
So slip your hand inside my glove!

Call me a dirty mind, but that lyric always cracks me up. Up there with

Won't you lay me down in the tall grass
And let me do my stuff

or

When you were good
You were very...very good!
in my mind.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike
You wanna know what's funny about this song?

There's no step for you to dance to
So slip your hand inside my glove!

Call me a dirty mind, but that lyric always cracks me up. Up there with

Won't you lay me down in the tall grass
And let me do my stuff

or

When you were good
You were very...very good!
in my mind.

Yes! And because of that glove thing, I always thought Lindsey wrote it... When I checked out the liner notes, and realized that Christine was the author, I was pretty surprised. That's racy for her!

I love that line in Angel... Especially the way Lindsey sings it on the Tusk doc. "You were... huh... Very goooood." Hold on, I've got to um, open a window. Gettin' kinda hot in here.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Damn!
Screen Hunter sounds like some sort of spyware. Good job, Hillary, good job! LOL.

I'm working on icons right now, actually, and am trying to come up with something amusing with the few caps from this site. Heehee. I did tell you I was making more Chris/Stevie and Chris/John icons, right?
Old 10-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've always thought that Christine's very dramatic gestures & expressions in this video were pretty funny too. But, she looks beautiful!! I've never even noticed Stevie. Lindsey looks awfully good though.

I didn't take the cap myself. I got it from this site.
Lindsey does look pretty good, actually. I love his cowboy hat!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You guys crack me up with your passive-aggressivism! It's the gift that keeps on giving.