User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
There is a lot of grumbling about the courts legislating (and there always has been and will be), but anyone with a rudimentary understanding of civics and American government will understand that that is the very purpose for which the U.S. Supreme Court -and indeed the entire American system of courts - exists in the first place - they are an equal branch of government, parallel to Congress and the President; a check and balance of power put in place by the founding fathers to ensure that the Congress and/or President (elected by the Majority) do not overstep their Constitutional authority and infringe upon the civil rights, liberties and justice of the Minority.
It amazes me, though it probably shouldn't, how little understanding people have about the way our government works. The founders of our country were absolutely petrified of "the people" having too much direct power. Originally, the only national office that was up for a direct vote was the U.S. House of Representative. State legislatures voted for U.S. Senators, as well as selecting the electors who voted for the president.

Yes, the judicial branch is most definitely invested with legislative power by the Constitution.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your going to do well Caitlin!! Your very smart!!! Congrats on the Job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Thanks =) I'm sure I'll tell everyone how it is once I officially start working

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
SuperFleetwood
This message has been deleted by SuperFleetwood. Reason: YEAH
Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
Your going to do well Caitlin!! Your very smart!!! Congrats on the Job!!
Thanks =D That means alot!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I just looked at the ticket prices. Holy crapola! $375 to sit in practically another zip code from the stage in the middle of Yankee Stadium. I'm sorry, but what kind of idiot pays that kind of money to see a bunch of ants jumping around on a barely visible stage to a lip-synched backing track? Yes, she puts on a great show... but that's practically the cost of an iPad!
I haven't looked at prices yet for Phoenix or Seattle, where I'd likely see her, but when I saw her in Denver back in 2009 it was only $99. I heard tickets would be higher this tour, but wasn't expecting the cheap seats to be that much.

Considering the experience, I'd consider paying $375. But I'll have to think about it...then again, we only live this one time...that we remember...

Hell, I just paid that much for a vacuum cleaner, and it will hardly bring me as much joy as a Madonna concert. The first line in my signature was even taken off the backdrop for Like A Prayer 2009.

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 02-08-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Congratulations! The first time I saw Madonna counts as one of my favorite moments in life. It was the BEST concert I've ever been to - I screamed so loud and danced so hard - I cried and laughed - it was cathartic, even spiritual.

I just checked the tour schedule today and I'm disappointed that she's not coming to Denver this time. I'm considering Phoenix, but the truth is I have so much going on this year that the very thought of adding one more event, one more trip, is almost enough to put me over the edge. If my partner will agree to a road trip, that would make me happy.

I'll probably go anyway. After all, it's Madonna!
Everyone says she will be extending the tour anyway, Theres rumours of her coming to my hometown (which she never does and i am hoping it's true because I would love to see her twice on this tour).

I think me and my friend are just going to cry loads. I am so so so so excited I don't think anyone understands. I hope you get to see her on this tour. x
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy crap $375 for tickets.I never even payed that much for a Stevie concert ticket or even a FM ticket to that matter.I hope they drop.Madonna has high hopes for selling alot of tickets for $375 a pop.I wish I went to see Madonna back when she first started.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Holy crap $375 for tickets.I never even payed that much for a Stevie concert ticket or even a FM ticket to that matter.I hope they drop.Madonna has high hopes for selling alot of tickets for $375 a pop.I wish I went to see Madonna back when she first started.
I know, right? People(no offense, I'm cheap) have more money that sense. $375 is RIDICULOUS. I can't believe that people pay that! Hopefully they'll put out a concert DVD, and I'll pay $20 for it, and be able to watch it for the rest of my life.

The most I ever paid for a ticket, was $75, for The Dance. I'd pay $375 for a FM ticket WITH Christine, and also included is that I get to have dinner with her, where she chucks a glass of wine in my face, and tells me what a stupid f*cking shirt I'm wearing! Anything less than that, my $375 is staying in the bank!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I know, right? People(no offense, I'm cheap) have more money that sense. $375 is RIDICULOUS. I can't believe that people pay that! Hopefully they'll put out a concert DVD, and I'll pay $20 for it, and be able to watch it for the rest of my life.

The most I ever paid for a ticket, was $75, for The Dance. I'd pay $375 for a FM ticket WITH Christine, and also included is that I get to have dinner with her, where she chucks a glass of wine in my face, and tells me what a stupid f*cking shirt I'm wearing! Anything less than that, my $375 is staying in the bank!
THIS IS ACCURATE!!!! I'd also like a kiss and her autograph for that. Christine, not Madonna.

The most I've ever paid was Ł36 for Blondie.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I think everybody on here would fork out $375 for Fleetwood Mac with Christine on tour.Including me too.$195 was the most what I've payed for a Stevie concert .That is steep.Jones beach comes to mind on Stevie's last tour.I remember the outrage when the Eagles were charging the same $375 for their concerts years ago..I love the Eagles.But I would not fork out that kind of money.I forgot who was the artist was. But he refused to sing for overpriced tickets.I can't remember his name.It Stevie or FM start to pull these inflated ticket prices .I would be limited to go to more then a couple of concerts.The Madonna fans should revolt and start a protest and swalk on FB ,Twitter or outer outlets to complain about the inflated prices.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no limit to what I'd pay to see/meet Lindsey!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I think everybody on here would fork out $375 for Fleetwood Mac with Christine on tour.Including me too.$195 was the most what I've payed for a Stevie concert .That is steep.Jones beach comes to mind on Stevie's last tour.I remember the outrage when the Eagles were charging the same $375 for their concerts years ago..I love the Eagles.But I would not fork out that kind of money.I forgot who was the artist was. But he refused to sing for overpriced tickets.I can't remember his name.It Stevie or FM start to pull these inflated ticket prices .I would be limited to go to more then a couple of concerts.The Madonna fans should revolt and start a protest and swalk on FB ,Twitter or outer outlets to complain about the inflated prices.
You'd have to see a Madonna show to understand the ticket prices - I think they're high, but not outlandish or unreasonable. Let's not forget that she doesn't set her prices - Live Nation does in conjuction with the venue. Her stage is very elaborate, with thousands of little LCD screens attached to a flexible netting type of device that can twist, turn and transform - from a video monitor to a cylinder of light surrounding her. The video monitors alone are 25-35 feet high (made up of those LCD screens) - and there are three of them usually. There is a stage cast (musicians & dancers) of aproximately 50 people. Transforming stages that move up and down - last tour a car was even driven onto the stage! It's expensive to transport, assemble, operate and disassemble all of this stuff for every show. It takes three or four days of work for each show - that ticket price covers all of that work, food for the workers, hotels for the entire stage crew.

There are very few artists I'd pay $375 to see - Fleetwood Mac is not one of them, no matter what. I know from prior experience that they could never provide an appropriate value for that kind of fee, neither could the Eagles. Maybe U2...maybe. Considering the high caliber of a Madonna show, I think the cost is appropriate. It's worth it, to me anyway.

I'm not saying everyone should pay that much to see her, and I'm sure there will be cheaper seats at every show. The thing with concerts is you're getting an experience for your money, nothing tangible - just a feeling, a memory that will last forever. Each of us has to put a value on that experience that we are wiling to pay. The last Madonna show I saw was $99 dollars - we were literally in the second-to-last row. Looking back, I'd easily have paid $299 for that experience. It was that good, but then I've loved her music most of my life and it was the first time I'd been able to see her live.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that when the Eagles are charging 375 for a show, you're paying for ego. When you pay 375 to see Madonna, it's because the show is high tech, lavish and expensive to put on. You get what you pay for.

Here's an example of those LCD-mesh-netting-monitor thingies. The tech at a Madonna show is incredible - no one else uses this kind of stuff.. (the vocal in this video is an overdub from the album version - not the live vocal)

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 02-08-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eee. Guys, I'm so freaking happy right now. I went into my old school today, and saw my old teacher, and once I've been CRB checked, I'm going to be going in twice a week so I can get all my teaching experience, so when I apply for a PGCE in September, I should have enough experience to get onto it. It's like, I can see the light at the end of this tunnel of essays, stress and constant reading. It's just put me into a total buzz.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Eee. Guys, I'm so freaking happy right now. I went into my old school today, and saw my old teacher, and once I've been CRB checked, I'm going to be going in twice a week so I can get all my teaching experience, so when I apply for a PGCE in September, I should have enough experience to get onto it. It's like, I can see the light at the end of this tunnel of essays, stress and constant reading. It's just put me into a total buzz.
Congratulations! Two of my friends are planning on studying to become qualified teachers too, though they're both aiming for the College age students. I couldn't imagine it, myself. I hate children and "youths" annoy the **** out of me for the most part. Don't get me wrong, there are some gems. But for the most part, from my experiences with students in college while there myself, many of them are arrogant, disrespectful arsehats.

You must have the patience of a saint.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your Welcome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Thanks =D That means alot!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

KarmaContestant, I agree with you that Madonna is worth the money for her live shows. However don't kid yourself into believing the promoter decides the price of a ticket. The price of any concert ticket is determined after the artist presents the promoter with their fee and said fee is guaranteed to be paid by the promoter. I'm guessing Madonna's fee is approx. 3Mil per show. If it was under 1Mil those prices per ticket would be a lot lower.