Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I WAS THERE! I WAS THERE!

The Sun was much kinder than they were in '04. Pretty much spot on. The night belonged to Lindsey. Stevie was awesome of course, but down an octave, a little less active at points, just like I've read has been happening throughout the tour. But I was thinking last night, it's cool that Lindsey kind of gets his moment to really shine. The cheers were just as loud for him and they were for her, and he looked thrilled.

I'm sure all of this has been discussed ad naseum since March, but I didn't want to know the setlist, so I avoided all those posts. Now I have to go back and read them.

I think it was a pretty typical show in terms of setlist, 1 encour, etc. One interesting thing to note...Stevie dedicated Landslide to the doctor who treated her in May. I'm paraphrasing, but she said something like...

"We were here in May and I got very sick. And he was by my side and stayed by my side for days."

I'm kicking myself for not remembering his name.

I didn't realize she actually got sick in Calgary. I just assumed she was home and never made it here. With the "days" comment, I wonder if she was in a hospital here or something for a while. Jeez...I would have sent flowers.

Anyway...I guess the "cancellation due to illness" is a little less vague now.

I dropped $140 on the black hoodie, brown t-shirt and a penguin. And now I'm off to Edmonton to do it all again!

Wooo!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post

"We were here in May and I got very sick. And he was by my side and stayed by my side for days."
That's interesting. For the doctor to be by her side for days, you'd think it was life threatening, but I know it wasn't. At any rate, it was nice of her to touch upon what happened a bit back then.

Michele
Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Aside from acknowledging how sick she was... I think I'm more impressed that you managed to steer clear of threads and the web and everything to do with the setlist!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Aside from acknowledging how sick she was... I think I'm more impressed that you managed to steer clear of threads and the web and everything to do with the setlist!
Haha...it was a challenge...and I knew a few things. I actually made a friend check for me to see if they were doing 'Sara', just so I could prepare myself one way or another. But as for the exact order, I wanted to be surprised, and it was a thrill and completely worth it.