The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I am on a cruise that goes to Vancouver, a glacier (which was STUNNING!!!) , Sitka, Juneau, the Inside Passage, and then back. It is beautiful. I will post pics when I get back next week!!!!!!

awesome!!! I want to go back sometime. Like on a cruise....
can't wait to see pics, enjoy your millions of hours of daylight.....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber

awesome!!! I want to go back sometime. Like on a cruise....
can't wait to see pics, enjoy your millions of hours of daylight.....

Let me just say I am thinking there is lots of oil underneath here

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Let me just say I am thinking there is lots of oil underneath here

yeah, i heard you in the other thread and decided to ignore that....
Isn't the excessive daytime a trip? what time is the sun going down there, now? I was there in July, and it went down at like...3 am?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
yeah, i heard you in the other thread and decided to ignore that....
Isn't the excessive daytime a trip? what time is the sun going down there, now? I was there in July, and it went down at like...3 am?

It has been getting dark at around 10 ish. Though I am usually slung up at the bar or the blackjack table - so my source is a little sketchy come 10 o'clock

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Aha!

Quote:
As for Mary - she thinks Lewinsky acted in good faith and with no pecuniary intent when she kept the dress, Clinton did not lie about the hummer, and Skankewinsky got the job at Revelon all by herself with no help from Vernon Jordan Need I say more!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (btw that is a literal Mary and not a figurative name for you Tower - though it can apply in that meaning as well )
I KNEW I could smoke ya outa whatever corner of the globe you were lurking in!!! Alaska cold enuff for ya dear? wearin the wooly underwear are ya?

as for your comment, nice try, but Im not bitin. I have NO opinion on Monica, never have (except that bit about Vernon getting (or not getting) her a job...and its been too long ago for me to remember exactly what I DID say so Im passing on that smelly bait.

other than THAT, howthehellareya?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
unfortunately, unless his middle finger is in reality a THUMB (in which case his face is actually his BUTT)
In defense of Smirky I'm not totally sure that we can rule out this possibility.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
unfortunately, unless his middle finger is in reality a THUMB (in which case his face is actually his BUTT) I most heartily and vigorously denounce your observation which begs the question: when did you last get yer peepers checked?
Oy vey.

All you have to do is look. As he's walking down the hall, he lifts his arm and throws his fist in the air with his thumb up. If he was flipping someone off with his middle finger, his hand would be flat and you would be able to see his thumb and index finger next to his middle finger.

But all you can see next to the upraised digit (his thumb) is the curve of his palm and the line of his wrist. Good gawd. I hate Dubya with a passion, but I'm not going to lie and say that's a middle finger.

Try this exercise:

1) Hold your hand in front of your face.

2) Pretend to flip someone off.

3) Look at the shape of your hand and your fingers

Now-

2) Do the thumbs up sign

3) Look at the shape of your hand and fingers.

Are you getting it now?

Or better yet, compare the shape of his hand against the pictures gldstwmn posted. See how his hand in her pictures shows a folded index finger and a thumb? Now compare.....

*** jeezus ***
Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
Oy vey.

All you have to do is look. As he's walking down the hall, he lifts his arm and throws his fist in the air with his thumb up. If he was flipping someone off with his middle finger, his hand would be flat and you would be able to see his thumb and index finger next to his middle finger.

But all you can see next to the upraised digit (his thumb) is the curve of his palm and the line of his wrist. Good gawd. I hate Dubya with a passion, but I'm not going to lie and say that's a middle finger.

Try this exercise:

2) Pretend to flip someone off.

3) Look at the shape of your hand and your fingers

Now-

2) Do the thumbs up sign

3) Look at the shape of your hand and fingers.

Are you getting it now?

Or better yet, compare the shape of his hand against the pictures gldstwmn posted. See how his hand in her pictures shows a folded index finger and a thumb? Now compare.....

*** jeezus ***

the picture I posted (on page 2 at this point) shows CLEARLY that it was his middle finger NOT his thumb. his arm is straight UP. his hand is straight UP. His hand would have had to have been sideways to do the "thumbs up" sign...Your picture on the other hand was fuzzy so I suppose one could be forgiven for thinking its a thumb. Look at MY picture and try and argue that thats his thumb...not happening. The man is a cretin, a beetle brow, a knuckle dragger, a freakin POD PRESIDENT and I FART in his general direction.

Last edited by irishgrl; 08-26-2005 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Not that this matters at all and he's clearly doing it in other shots but I do think that is his thumb. You're looking at it as though the arm and hand is front-on to the camera whereas I think it's profiled, making that his thumb.
well yes I am because his back is dead on to the camera, his arm is straight, his hand is straight. you can see the finger in the MIDDLE of his hand, its not coming out the side.....therefore, a thumb in THAT position is a physical impossibility unless you are doing the old "got yer nose" trick and hes obviously NOT doing that.

I dont know about other shots, I am referring to the shot I posted same as the ones gldstwmn posted. its VERY clear to ME.....
Old 08-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know how to crop but I think that is as clear as can be under the circumstances....

and just to compare the position of fingers (NO OFFENSE INTENDED, This is merely a scientific comparison! )

Last edited by irishgrl; 08-26-2005 at 08:50 PM..
Old 08-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I dont know how to crop but I think that is as clear as can be under the circumstances....
Did you see the video?

This picture is a freeze frame of him as he was raising his arm up in the air while walking with his arms in motion. He dragged his arm forward, similar to the motion of extending your arm while bowling, clenched his fist and held up his thumb.

If you look at this picture, you can see the groove-outline-contour of the knuckles of the hand above his wrist on the right. If he were flipping them off, the digit would be much longer and you would be able to see the play of the thumb and forefinger on the left.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
Did you see the video?

This picture is a freeze frame of him as he was raising his arm up in the air while walking with his arms in motion. He dragged his arm forward, similar to the motion of extending your arm while bowling, clenched his fist and held up his thumb.

If you look at this picture, you can see the groove-outline-contour of the knuckles of the hand above his wrist on the right. If he were flipping them off, the digit would be much longer and you would be able to see the play of the thumb and forefinger on the left.

no, I didnt see the video. I dont watch TV. but honestly, that hand isnt sideways, its straight on. there is less hand showing if you do the thumbs up sign:
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Thumb!

It's his thumb. The middle finger is the longest finger (well, some people are freaks, but for the most part...LOL), and that's too short to be a middle finger, I conclude that is his thumb.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Maybe we're talking about different ones, I was referring to this one.

If you profile your arm and do the thumbs-up sign, the thumb protrudes above the rest of the hand right about the middle. Judging by the size of the wrist, I'd say that his arm is profiled.

Of course this has no impact on how much we hate him but I find photographic "truth" very interesting.
he'd have to have an unnaturally long thumb for that to be a thumb. as for his wrist, it doesnt surprise me that its small. The man is a wimp (I mean chimp)
Old 08-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
no, I didnt see the video. I dont watch TV. but honestly, that hand isnt sideways, its straight on. there is less hand showing if you do the thumbs up sign:
The part you are seeing on the left is the curl of his fingers. They are not firmly tucked into his hand.

If you saw the actual video, you would know what I'm talking about.

Eh, if you're not gonna budge, you're not gonna budge.