The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Omigosh, and from there they just go on about getting your sexuality out of their face. This is gross....
"My response to this is mind your own business, and GET OUT OF MY FACE. What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is simply NOT MY BUSINESS, and I resent you or anyone else trying to FORCE it on me or my children. "
As is this...
"Star,

Among the many good points you bring up here is the BIG one that we so automatically overlook:

WHY do homosexuals have to IDENTIFY THEMSELVES PRIMARILY based on what they do in the sack?

It's really funny. In fact, it's hilarious! No, wait! It's GROSS! Guess what! WE MIGHT NOT WANT TO KNOW! Quit flipping telling us!

What if hetero's did that?"
Old 11-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
How did y'all start talking about "The Truth," anyway? I must have forgotten, what with all the condescension (is that a word?) going on.

Hi, Macbers. Truth? Sort of subjective. Just because it's true to you doesn't mean it's true to everybody. And if someone feels, thinks, speaks, acts differently than you do? Not their fault. Their cultural upbringing, society, geographical location, etc, all influence how we see the world and therefore how we see "The Truth."

I honestly don't understand how people can argue "The Truth," since it's different for everybody.
Oh no. There is only ONE truth for everyone. Have you learned nothing? Zero Neutrino said it--there is an absolute truth, about which all of the Ann Coulter fans are interested. How foolish of you to buy into this silly concept of multiple truths. I suggest that you ask God for help. If you're persistent about it, He will help you. Oh, and your life is a lie, by the way.

Hillary
Old 11-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Omigosh, and from there they just go on about getting your sexuality out of their face. This is gross....
"My response to this is mind your own business, and GET OUT OF MY FACE. What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is simply NOT MY BUSINESS, and I resent you or anyone else trying to FORCE it on me or my children. "
As is this...
"Star,

Among the many good points you bring up here is the BIG one that we so automatically overlook:

WHY do homosexuals have to IDENTIFY THEMSELVES PRIMARILY based on what they do in the sack?

It's really funny. In fact, it's hilarious! No, wait! It's GROSS! Guess what! WE MIGHT NOT WANT TO KNOW! Quit flipping telling us!

What if hetero's did that?"
God, that pissed me off. Like I go around telling people that. Like I am defined by that. A rainbow or a triangel is NOT about what people do in the sacK!!! I can't believe there are still people out there who think that being gay is all about sex. Ugh.

Hillary
Old 11-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
It would be my pleasure.
You're the man.

Hillary
Old 11-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default It just gets better and better

Here's a snippet from their thread about why conservatives are seldom seen in academia. Someone actually said this and was serious.

"Leftards with useless humanities degrees have no choice but to enter the cloistered realm of academia, whereas conservatives apply their bachelor's and master's degrees to productive work in the business world and industry."

As an English major and history minor planning to pursue a master's degree in history, I'm loving that.

Hillary
Old 11-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Here's a snippet from their thread about why conservatives are seldom seen in academia. Someone actually said this and was serious.

"Leftards with useless humanities degrees have no choice but to enter the cloistered realm of academia, whereas conservatives apply their bachelor's and master's degrees to productive work in the business world and industry."

As an English major and history minor planning to pursue a master's degree in history, I'm loving that.

Hillary
uh, that makes me sick. What they are saying, really, is "We don't learn from the past, or give any credence to things that don't make money"
whatevah, I certainly don't have the patience to be "loving and understanding" when i argue with these people...that's why my friends are so nice! I need a foil!
Old 11-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're the man.

Hillary
I registered as...

AnnTheManStuffsHerBra

Old 11-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I registered as...

AnnTheManStuffsHerBra

Old 11-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I registered as...

AnnTheManStuffsHerBra

Noway! Did you say something? I have to look. Did you????
Old 11-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hillary

Speaking from personal experience here, the reason there's not more conservatives in academia, is because the longer you're there, the more you realize liberals are right.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Noway! Did you say something? I have to look. Did you????
Not yet, I have to get my confirmation email.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Speaking from personal experience here, the reason there's not more conservatives in academia, is because the longer you're there, the more you realize liberals are right.
ha! someone take note, it's exactly what we thought!
Love ya, gypsy!
Old 11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Krista, that statement just rules. That's all I can say. I'm just loving all the love I'm getting on this board tonight.

Hillary
Old 11-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not yet, I have to get my confirmation email.
I think I can speak for more people than just myself--we can't wait to see what you're going to say.

Hillary
Old 11-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha! someone take note, it's exactly what we thought!
Love ya, gypsy!

Thanks. Back atcha.