User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Can you answer why neither Lindsey nor anyone associated with him has denied the band's story?
People associated with him HAVE denied the band's story.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why did he make comments about it last week? He did talk about it but he just didn't deny the band's story.
His comments at the fundraiser were completely benign as far as a legal case is concerned. I saw his comments as his way of addressing the elephant in the room without getting into the details that could possibly derail any legal case. All we learned from his comments is that he’s disappointed in their decision and its impact on their legacy, that he doesn’t blame everyone in the band, and that it opens up more opportunities in the long run.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Many other people with reliable 'sources' just like your so-called sources have claimed that the band is manipulating the story. Lindsey did ask to delay the tour but he dropped it once it became obvious that wasn't going to happen and started to make plans to do the solo dates he wanted in between the tour instead. But they threw him out anyways. Hence the vitriol from his family and the claims from other people close to him (actual people like Rick Turner and a member of the BM backing band) saying that he wasn't making them delay anything, he was trying to plan two tours.
Where are the quotes from Rick Turner and a member of the BM backing band? I can't find those quotes online.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he was trying to plan two tours.
And maybe that was part of the decision. Maybe they were getting external pressures to squash the solo tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
put some effort into finding the video that has been posted several times of him talking the morning after the Musicares event saying clearly that he was expecting FM to tour this year and he planned to be part of it.
I've watched that video many times. He doesn't say that the Mac tour would be this year. He simply says that he's hoping to do solo dates around a Mac tour. He never mentioned any dates.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I don't believe you. And what you call evidence is actually your biased interpretation of silence.
I tend to believe something if one side says something and the other side doesn't refute the story or offer another story.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where are the quotes from Rick Turner and a member of the BM backing band? I can't find those quotes online.
They were posted on here (both by Elle I believe). People in the band Facebook pages were obviously discussing it and they of them actually replied and shared what they knew. Elle got permission from Rick to post their conversation here, apparently Christine was even planning to join him on a few of those solo dates.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Lindsey hasn’t said anything other than certain factions lost their perspective. He might not be allowed to say anything right now. It might also be why nobody in Lindsey’s camp has said anything substantial about what happened.

What I was saying is that the band, or at least Stevie and Mick, have gone out of their way to say “majority rules,” Christine said she wasn’t part of the decision, and Lindsey made a point to say “factions.” So, while the decision of WHY they parted ways with Lindsey is open to speculation, HOW they voted Lindsey out the band and WHO initiated the vote is actually pretty clear. I’m not putting any judgment on the decision, just saying how it was executed.
Yes. Mick/John/Stevie clashed with Lindsey about the tour schedule and then the band fired him.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And maybe that was part of the decision. Maybe they were getting external pressures to squash the solo tour.
I totally agree. And I can see why, it probably would have looked odd for the band to have one of their members doing separate shows in between their own tour. And maybe some financial/business conflicts related to it.
But it's still dirty business to do to someone who has put so much into the band after all these decades.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were posted on here (both by Elle I believe). People in the band Facebook pages were obviously discussing it and they of them actually replied and shared what they knew. Elle got permission from Rick to post their conversation here, apparently Christine was even planning to join him on a few of those solo dates.
Well, I've searched online and on this forum and can't find any quotes. I'm sure you can understand that just as you all don't believe that I've spoken with two sources, I will find it hard to trust that Elle had a conversation with Rick without some proof. I know you all don't know how trustworthy I am, but I have actually spoken with two sources; one in Lindsey's production team and one in his management team. That's all I can say about that.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I tend to believe something if one side says something and the other side doesn't refute the story or offer another story.
You should then also know that Lindsey pretty much never issues statements on anything. He just doesn't. He will probably talk about it later when he does whatever press that he does for his own excursions, but just issuing a statement saying "that's true or that's not true" is something he doesn't do. He said what he said at that political event because he was there and it was the 600 pound elephant in the room but he kept it very neutral and then just started talking about politics (obviously since it was a political event-- it wasn't an event for him).
Old 05-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I've searched online and on this forum and can't find any quotes. I'm sure you can understand that just as you all don't believe that I've spoken with two sources, I will find it hard to trust that Elle had a conversation with Rick without some proof. I know you all don't know how trustworthy I am, but I have actually spoken with two sources; one in Lindsey's production team and one in his management team. That's all I can say about that.
Elle if you see this can you post the exchanges again? It was on here weeks ago and everyone saw it.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You should then also know that Lindsey pretty much never issues statements on anything. He just doesn't. He will probably talk about it later when he does whatever press that he does for his own excursions, but just issuing a statement saying "that's true or that's not true" is something he doesn't do. He said what he said at that political event because he was there and it was the 600 pound elephant in the room but he kept it very neutral and then just started talking about politics (obviously since it was a political event-- it wasn't an event for him).
I'm open to new information when it becomes available. However, until Lindsey offer an alternative story, I believe the band's account of events. It's also possible that the story is somewhere in between. Perhaps Lindsey intended to honor the Fleetwood Mac tour, but hadn't fully communicated that to the band. Perhaps the band thought that he wouldn't take part in the tour, but Lindsey was intending to do so. That's possible.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, for about the past 15 years Lindsey's production team has consisted basically of Lindsey himself and in recent years occasionally Mitchell Froom/Mark Needham when the project has to be a little less weird.
And Lindsey is managed by Irving Azoff. You expect people to believe that you suddenly became chat buddies with Irv Azoff and his people? Lol.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle if you see this can you post the exchanges again? It was on here weeks ago and everyone saw it.
Was this Elle's account of her conversation or was it an online report? I'm sure you can understand that I can't take Elle's word for any conversation just as you won't take my word about my offline conversations. I'd like to see a Rick Turner post on Facebook or Twitter or somewhere like that.