User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I am guessing she wrote EFO and the other song around same time as when LB affair was officially over and she started to realize he was no longer hers and he was having kids? So what other songs from TISL and SYW are bitter or jaded and descriptive of being shelved or perhaps suggestive of a love affair? Maybe Thrown Down? Thrown Down was demoed and recorded for TISL and scrapped.
Thank you for this song suggestion as possible answer to my question. If anyone has other song thoughts, I’d like to hear...
Old 07-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish she had sat still and not swung her chair around the whole time.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
Betrayer? Lindsey lost his hold on her. She grew up and decided to not take his crap anymore. Sometimes you dump someone because they don't give you a choice. Like being a A-1 asshat.
Nah she decided not to put up with him anymore because she no longer needed him . She has despised him since 1976 or so but as long as he was producing the hits and working his magic on her songs she tolerated him. Compare Iovine's production of Gypsy with Lindsey's .Albums don't sell anymore .Fleetwood Mac or anyone else over 65 will never have a hit single.She can still rake in the bucks with Fleetwood Mac and some stand ins however.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am guessing she wrote EFO and the other song around same time as when LB affair was officially over and she started to realize he was no longer hers and he was having kids? So what other songs from TISL and SYW are bitter or jaded and descriptive of being shelved or perhaps suggestive of a love affair? Maybe Thrown Down? Thrown Down was demoed and recorded for TISL and scrapped.
The LB affair was officially over in 1976.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
The LB affair was officially over in 1976.
I think the ledge has documented over the years lots of proof she was Obsessed with him until 2003 or so. They carried on with an affair during The Dance and shortly after Lindsey was to become a father she had a break down during a Fleetwood Mac concert singing Silver Springs. Her songs elude toward the affair as do Lindseys. The actual official relationship in 1976 was over but she continued to obsess over him through the years. He Threw her Down and said it was forever over in 1997/98. She held out hope a little while but seeing him at the Music Cares, happy, family man, with kids and youthful looking wife, everything she wanted with him but couldn't have because of her career, it was the last straw. He flaunted his happiness in front of her and it got her goat.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Yes, definitely not a clean break back in 76'. Listen to their songs, they were both inspirational muses for each other, and could never be what the other wanted for each other.
Love/hate, but I don't believe it's a one sided Stevie obsession. I think they pick on eachother, and it wasn't something that could go on for her anymore. Although sad,at this late stage in life I understand not wanting to deal with it anymore They should have disbanded and told the fans the truth. We will never really know what has gone on between all 5 of them.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the ledge has documented over the years lots of proof she was Obsessed with him until 2003 or so. They carried on with an affair during The Dance and shortly after Lindsey was to become a father she had a break down during a Fleetwood Mac concert singing Silver Springs. Her songs elude toward the affair as do Lindseys. The actual official relationship in 1976 was over but she continued to obsess over him through the years. He Threw her Down and said it was forever over in 1997/98. She held out hope a little while but seeing him at the Music Cares, happy, family man, with kids and youthful looking wife, everything she wanted with him but couldn't have because of her career, it was the last straw. He flaunted his happiness in front of her and it got her goat.
I think the only "obsession" that was there, since 1977 or so, was when they were on-stage, playing up some fake romance for fans for $$$$.

I am truly convinced that Nicks was way too busy having a gazillion love affairs (speaking of well-documented) with her producers and musicians and musicians from other bands and that Nicks and Lindsey B ( with his own long-term relationships after that break up) never even thought of each other when they weren't on tour. Even in the studio they were largely not spending time at the same time at the place.

I am equally convinced that the only songs they ever wrote about one another were on Rumours and that their later work is about different lovers/ experiences than each other but, because Rumours was SUCH a $$$$ maker, they, for safety of income's and fame's sake, stayed with spinning fake song background tales and playing up that proven success formula. Fear of failure and greed are powerful motivators.

Nicks and Lindsey have not REALLY been about one another ever since that Rumours tour ended. Except maybe occasionally, when they HAD to deal with each other because of business, with mutual distrust and loathing. I am 100% convinced. Always have been, even back then.

And I will NEVER buy that during The Dance they had anything but the dusting-off of that old stage act for dollars. I mean. Seriously.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I wish she had sat still and not swung her chair around the whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
I am equally convinced that the only songs they ever wrote about one another were on Rumours and that their later work is about different lovers/ experiences than each other but, because Rumours was SUCH a $$$$ maker, they, for safety of income's and fame's sake, stayed with spinning fake song background tales and playing up that proven success formula. Fear of failure and greed are powerful motivators.
1. I think she was verrrrry flirty with Norman Seeff throughout that whole thing. It was actually a bit cringe-worthy in parts.

2. Thrown Down was admittedly about Lindsey (she says so to his face in the DR doc), though whether the "they should be together" meant romantically (unlikely) or just professionally (i.e., make another FM album together) seems to depend on who is interpreting it.
You May Be The One is about the experience of indeed going ahead and making another album together (Say You Will) and the big fight at the end about running order and all that jazz (the islands calling --she was in Hawaii [as was Mick] after finishing, and the angry words flying across the ocean was the blow up with Lindsey and the band.) I believe she talks about this in the Dave Stewart documentary and elsewhere.
Also, Lindsey has said the songs on Extended Play were written about and for Stevie, particularly Sad Angel (have you come to fight the war; the crowd calling out for more) trying to convince her to work with him on another FM album (he told me this at a meet n greet as well).
Old 08-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear you, and should have specified in my post the later songs about heart break and love lost and lusting after one another.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really sad to see this because it reminds me of the person she was, not all that long ago. Sad that she's relapsed into egomania again.