Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac announces tour, dishes on Lindsey Buckingham's departure

By CHRISTIE D'ZURILLA

Fleetwood Mac announces tour, dishes on Lindsey Buckingham's departure

Fleetwood Mac — including Stevie Nicks, left, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood — earlier this year.

They’re here — but will they be better than before?

Fleetwood Mac on Wednesday announced a North American tour starting in October in Oklahoma and continuing through more than 50 cities in the U.S. and Canada until April 2019.

Yes, there are dates in the Los Angeles area, including two stops at the Forum on Dec. 11 and 13.

No, Lindsey Buckingham won’t be on this tour.

Veterans Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie will hit the road along with newcomers Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, who were added after the dismissal of Buckingham, who joined the group along with Nicks in 1974.

“We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realize that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style,” founding member Fleetwood said on the band’s website. “We know we have something new, yet it’s got the unmistakable Mac sound.”

Campbell is Tom Petty’s former lead guitarist, while Finn is the frontman for Crowded House. Buckingham was let go earlier this year in a disagreement about the tour shortly after the group played at the Recording Academy’s MusiCares Person of the Year event in January.

“It’s like a marriage that came to an end and there are reasons why, and as a band we needed to move on,” Fleetwood said Wednesday on “CBS This Morning.” When asked if Buckingham had been fired, the drummer replied, “We don't use that word, because I think it's ugly.”

Nicks explained that in a band, you have to work as a team.

"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year," Nicks said. "We just couldn't agree."

But she explained it slightly differently to Rolling Stone.

“We were never married, but we might as well have been,” Nicks said. “Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy.”

Tickets go on sale on May 4, with select presale dates before then.

Also, a Fleetwood Mac channel featuring music, interviews and more from current and former members will run on SiriusXM during the month of May.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

right - because look at him saying he wants to tour between Mac dates. not to push the tour back a year!

but yeah, let's start the tour on LB's bday. passive agressive much?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously, Stevie? How many times did Lindsey play 'Oh, Well', a Peter Green song? And you're saying you never did it because Lindsey didn't want to?

Has some form from another planet eaten this woman's brain?

They're happy they got rid of him. Now Stevie (yes, Stevie this, Stevie that) can dance around her house in the morning. I hope she doesn't fall from too much dancing....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't be so harsh on Stevie! We all love her!!!!

She's a terrible liar, but hey, as long as she's happy....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Seriously, Stevie? How many times did Lindsey play 'Oh, Well', a Peter Green song? And you're saying you never did it because Lindsey didn't want to?
Your one example is one of the most covered rock songs ever, because most rock guitarists love playing that song, as proof that Lindsey didn’t mind doing older material, completely disregarding the fact that Lindsey’s said many times that he felt like he was part of a caberet act whenever he had to do Bob Welch or Danny Kirwan songs?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Your one example is one of the most covered rock songs ever, because most rock guitarists love playing that song, as proof that Lindsey didn’t mind doing older material, completely disregarding the fact that Lindsey’s said many times that he felt like he was part of a caberet act whenever he had to do Bob Welch or Danny Kirwan songs?
No, I'm using it as an example that no matter what Lindsey thought, he did it anyway, because he was told to do it, as with many pre Rumous songs, like Station Man and other Christine's songs.

So, to say now that "We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that", is a complete lie.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-25-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't doubt Lindsey would never have wanted to play songs that weren't his because he would've felt like a karaoke singer but the idea that this was some big deal and that Stevie felt sooooo strongly about the idea that they play Starion Man is complete bs. And I'm sure that when they do play those songs and see that 90% of the people there have no clue about those songs and will use them as their bathroom break, they'll be dropped.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band will be better live

No they wont. Lindsey was the live act. He gave them the energy.
I really like Neil Finn but neither he nor Mike Campbell are the most animated of performers. The new set may be interesting but completely lacking in excitement.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The band will be better live

No they wont. Lindsey was the live act. He gave them the energy.
I really like Neil Finn but neither he nor Mike Campbell are the most animated of performers. The new set may be interesting but completely lacking in excitement.
more stage time for Stevie?? No annoying guitar player to compete for attention or storytelling time.

I keep remembering how she arranged (her team) to have a Rolling Stone cover story about HERSELF during the midst of a Mac tour last time.

Sister worries about herself and no one else.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't be so harsh on Stevie! We all love her!!!!

She's a terrible liar, but hey, as long as she's happy....
right??

"nobody's the boss in FM" - riiiiight. can't wait till the sparks start flying between her and Finn. i can bet Mick brought him on board to counter-act her power, now with her friend MC and without LB there.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's wifes quote on Instagram: kbchrushDear Washington Post,
“Rocks biggest jerk or misunderstood genius?”🤔 Neither. Just a great man with a raw deal. But thanks for asking. #istandwithlindsey #teamlindsey @washingtonpost
Old 04-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right??

"nobody's the boss in FM" - riiiiight. can't wait till the sparks start flying between her and Finn. i can bet Mick brought him on board to counter-act her power, now with her friend MC and without LB there.
Exactly! Those who think Stevie won the battle against Lindsey, don't fool yourself. She's in for a power battle with Neil. Bring the popcorn.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Exactly! Those who think Stevie won the battle against Lindsey, don't fool yourself. She's in for a power battle with Neil. Bring the popcorn.
I can already imagine what will happen when they start recording and Neil tells Stevie that she needs to change some lines in her songs because they don't make any sense.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't doubt Lindsey would never have wanted to play songs that weren't his because he would've felt like a karaoke singer but the idea that this was some big deal and that Stevie felt sooooo strongly about the idea that they play Starion Man is complete bs. And I'm sure that when they do play those songs and see that 90% of the people there have no clue about those songs and will use them as their bathroom break, they'll be dropped.
I'm thinking Mike Campbell digs the tune and has asked to play it with them. That's probably the only reason she's mentioned it.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

tweet:

@mansermatt

Stevie Nicks said that with Lindsey Buckingham no longer in the band, Fleetwood Mac can play more obscure songs when they go out on tour. And as a bonus, it will also give fans an extra opportunity to use the bathrooms.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I'm not so sure. He's coming in in the weaker position-- she's the queen bee, she's had far, far more success than him, she's VERY aware of her sales figures, her name recognition, her pull with the media.... I mean Lindsey had a higher profile than Neill and she couldn't care less when it came to going against him on things. Nor Mick for that matter. She won't tolerate it, and he won't push too hard before he's put in his place. I'll wager on it