User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
IIRC, Stevie said in interview that she owed the label an album.
where's your proof? IIRC means nothing.

(just quoting people, nothing against you. but i'm soooooooo tired of crap. luckily we will get to see Linds live in 2 weeks!)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
And many years ago it was reported she signed a 5-album deal with Reprise, and 24KG fulfilled it, after TISL, Crystal Visions, Live in Chicago, and IYD.
fans justifications. i wanna see that contract. plus, even if she hypothetically did, why would she wait till the last moment?

(again, just quoting people the last what now? 4 weeks?)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
where's your proof? IIRC means nothing.
I don’t have it, I just remember her talking about the album needing to be done quickly because she owned the label an album and rehearsals were in six weeks, or something like that. I don’t have the time, energy, or inclination to dig through Stevie Nicks interviews.

Look. We get it. You’re not happy about what happened to Lindsey. But life’s too short. It’s just a band, and one that has had many lineups. Hardly worth trying to dictate where people can talk about the band or challenging anything anyone says that could be construed as remotely positive or supportive about the others.

And, I know you know I’m not thrilled with how it played out, but it is what it is, and it could be worse.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Because her people support her no matter how horrible she becomes.

Stevie and Mick really screwed the pooch on this one. We all know it, but all can't admit it.
This. You nailed it, HomerMcVie. They'll find excuse after excuse and I should know because I used to do the same thing. I tried to stay loyal to her, I just can't do it anymore.

And yes, they made a big mistake. Unfortunately, they don't care about us die hard fans.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-25-2018, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Just Got More Interesting

https://medium.com/@brianscottmacken...g-5f00dbabe559
Old 04-25-2018, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Thank you for posting this! This article definitely makes some good selling points.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, I've never mentioned you.
Well thank you for pointing that out. Your comment was posted during my discussion with button-lip, so I mistakenly thought it was directed at me. You must admit some of your posts about Stevie being hideous and farting rainbows and glitter etc etc, and the awful people that support her, do get a little repetitive, which is why I mentioned a broken record....

I am not blindly supporting Stevie in this whole debacle. I was just trying to point out that we don't know exactly what happened, or exactly what Lindsey did that resulted in him needing to be fired. Maybe they're all pissed off about having to fire him, including Stevie. Who knows?!? There are many alternative ways of thinking about this, and many possibilities about what actually happened.

Maybe they're trying to make the best of a really difficult, impossible situation.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default cool take

Nice opinion piece on the new lineup. Interesting.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting. The premise of the article is correct. The removal of Buckingham and addition of 2 new people does make it interesting. It just does not make it Fleetwood Mac IMHO. When Fleetwood Mac continued without Christine, it was interesting for a brief moment but the band lost its soul. IMHO it was not Fleetwood Mac.
The article drools over Finn as the most creative artist in the world. Well he is not being hired to be creative. The Mac is not recording an album. He is hired to fit the suit and play guitar and sing on a concert tour. If the Mac had 10 more years and 2 more studio albums to make, then it could be interesting. But sadly everyone knows this is the last tour and last breath of Fleetwood Mac.
Now to the wrong parts of the article. The author mocks Lindsey's singing that he no longer can sing. WTF? Lindsey has kept his singing voice which is something you cant say of Stevie and Christine. The author is really grasping at straws for that one. The author is excited that Crowded House songs and Heartbreaker songs will be played. The funny part was the author stating Finn could sing them better than Petty. WTF? If you want to hear Crowded House music, would you not rather attend a Crowded House concert? So Mac fans now must embrace Crowded House music because Finn plays guitar in Fleetwood Mac?
Now if you really wanted to make Fleetwood Mac more interesting, why not replace Mick with Don Henley. Then Stevie can sing leather and lace with him. A few Eagles songs could be played too. Stevie can hire Brad Jeffries to dance during Stand Back. They also could do a giant balloon drop during Don't Stop. All these things would make Fleetwood Mac more interesting. Replacing Keith Richards with Angus Young would make the Rolling Stones so much more interesting. Some of us don't want Fleetwood Mac more interesting.
Many of you can guzzle down the New Coke but many of us are sticking to the Classic.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-25-2018 at 04:17 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting. The premise of the article is correct. The removal of Buckingham and addition of 2 new people does make it interesting. It just does not make it Fleetwood Mac IMHO. When Fleetwood Mac continued without Christine, it was interesting for a brief moment but the band lost its soul. IMHO it was not Fleetwood Mac.
The article drools over Finn as the most creative artist in the world. Well he is not being hired to be creative. The Mac is not recording an album. He is hired to fit the suit and play guitar and sing on a concert tour. If the Mac had 10 more years and 2 more studio albums to make, then it could be interesting. But sadly everyone knows this is the last tour and last breath of Fleetwood Mac.
Now to the wrong parts of the article. The author mocks Lindsey's singing that he no longer can sing. WTF? Lindsey has kept his singing voice which is something you cant say of Stevie and Christine. The author is really grasping at straws for that one. The author is excited that Crowded House songs and Heartbreaker songs will be played. The funny part was the author stating Finn could sing them better than Petty. WTF? If you want to hear Crowded House music, would you not rather attend a Crowded House concert? So Mac fans now must embrace Crowded House music because Finn plays guitar in Fleetwood Mac?
Now if you really wanted to make Fleetwood Mac more interesting, why not replace Mick with Don Henley. Then Stevie can sing leather and lace with him. A few Eagles songs could be played too. Stevie can hire Brad Jeffries to dance during Stand Back. They also could do a giant balloon drop during Don't Stop. All these things would make Fleetwood Mac more interesting. Replacing Keith Richards with Angus Young would make the Rolling Stones so much more interesting. Some of us don't want Fleetwood Mac more interesting.
Many of you can guzzle down the New Coke but many of us are sticking to the Classic.
Check....if you remove any one of them, the band is more interesting because essentially they’ve played the same show since 1997!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:07 AM
Registered

What arrant nonsense. Campbell and Finn play better with Nicks and McVie? Has the writer heard Desert Angel? Freedom? THAT is what this tour will sound like.

And it is not a matter of sheer talent. I just found out recently that Rick Vito played the guitar solo on Bob Seger's Like a Rock. Hardly a nonentity. The reason the Vito/Burnette lineup was not successful is because they were not able to reproduce the current "house" Fleetwood Mac style which was established by Buckingham. Does anybody seriously think they are going to turn back into a blues band by unearthing some Peter Green songs?

And I will bet Neil Finn's tenure with the band will not be long.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-25-2018 at 05:17 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 05:49 AM
Registered

And I wonder how Americans will feel if they perform Chocolate Cake onstage Check out the lyrics, verse 3.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-25-2018 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: Had an epiphany
Old 04-25-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Now to the wrong parts of the article. The author mocks Lindsey's singing that he no longer can sing. WTF? Lindsey has kept his singing voice which is something you cant say of Stevie and Christine.
Actually from a technical point of view Lindsey's singing is the worst of the three singers. He's never learned technical singing and often resorted to shouting since back in the day, and this is something that damaged and surely still is continuing to damage his voice greatly.
Of course this doesn't mean that he can't sing, you can produce very amazing sounds even without knowing how to sing technically, I'm thinking for example about Lana del Rey (at least when she first started), but of course to great detriment.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting.
Pat Benatar replacing Stevie Nicks? That WOULD be interesting and I would totally be intrigued! Or Ann Wilson, for that matter! Her voice seems to have held up very well.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Pat Benatar replacing Stevie Nicks? That WOULD be interesting and I would totally be intrigued! Or Ann Wilson, for that matter! Her voice seems to have held up very well.
Ann Wilson should stick to Heart and doing Zeppelin covers