User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Gallup conducted the poll/survey, Newsweek wrote the article and printed the results. Regardless of whether or not Newsweek had anything to dow ith it, I certainly wouldn't refute that the rich are mostly Republicans, and if I were Republican, I wouldn't see the point in denying it.
Even if they were, it just proves my theory that Republicans have a firmer grasp of economics!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Even if they were, it just proves my theory that Republicans have a firmer grasp of economics!!

Rob
Or a grasp on how to screw everyone else.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rob67:

And as a side note, I never thought that Johnny Stew could be so controversial.

Joe
Old 12-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dissention:
We do make better lovers!

Joe
Old 12-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If by "screwing everyone else" you mean not carrying everyone else on their backs, then yes, you are correct.

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-30-2003, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
We do make better lovers!

Joe
Only if you're a bible thumper in the mid-west, according to Queen Coulter.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If by "screwing everyone else" you mean not carrying everyone else on their backs, then yes, you are correct.
No, I mean by using the unfortunate to line their pockets.

Old 12-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I mean by using the unfortunate to line their pockets.
I've never "used the unfortunate" to line my pockets. I mean, hell, I pay over 25% income taxes to help pay for all the welfare programs out there and the rich pay much more then I do! So, in reality, the "unfortunate" are using me!!!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 12-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't have time to read every comment posted in this thread since my own comments last night, so I'm just going to respond to the first few that I've read.

First of all, I never said the word "rich"... that part was just an assumption made on the part of others. (By the way, when I said "white male Republicans," why was the idea that I also meant "rich" just assumed? Food for thought, eh?)

The sole reason behind my post was to point out the fact that, for white males, how much discrimination is there to face?
Hence my comment, "How bad do white male Republicans really have it."
I truly don't see how I presented some kind of negative stereotype (as Jason, Joe and Rob, have suggested) in my use of "white male Republicans" as an example.
I never said that they were rolling in dough, or that their daddies all pay their way so they're living the good life... I was ONLY saying that there really isn't any type of serious discrimination that they encounter in life.

Truth be known, I could have just as easily said "white male Democrats," but given that the Affirmative Action Bake Sale was sponsored by the University of Washington College Republicans, that was the political party I used to make my point.

Be honest, has anyone here been denied housing because they're a white man or a Republican? Have your children been harrassed at school because their father is a white man or a Republican?

Affirmative Action is HIGHLY flawed, but unfortunately it's still a necessity in this day and age, where prejudice and bigotry are still far too prevalent. And I do not see how white males can say they have it worse than various minority groups when it comes to discrimination.

Thank you dissention, for trying to explain what it is that I was REALLY referring to in my post, and not the assumptions and implications that followed.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've never "used the unfortunate" to line my pockets. I mean, hell, I pay over 25% income taxes to help pay for all the welfare programs out there and the rich pay much more then I do! So, in reality, the "unfortunate" are using me!!!

Rob
Yup. The largest welfare programs you are funding are in the Middle East. They're called Israel and Iraq.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Johnny Stew:

Affirmative Action is HIGHLY flawed, but unfortunately it's still a necessity in this day and age, where prejudice and bigotry are still far too prevalent. And I do not see how white males can say they have it worse than various minority groups when it comes to discrimination.
That's just it. Affirmative Action itself is prejudiced. It does discriminate against the white male. The color of your skin or your gender should not dictate whether you get a job or not. I'm all for financial assistance in education, but to base it on race and gender is just absurd. Let's extend help to everyone who needs it.

Joe
Old 12-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm liberal and I can say that my first reaction was, "Who cares?" These conservative Republicans wanted to have a little protest and they did. Big deal. If the KKK can parade through my town then why can't these kids do this? It has nothing to do with agreeing with the message.

It is lacking in perspective though; they should have only sold baked goods to whites for a month beforehand.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 12-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle4305.htm

US Homelessness and Poverty Rates Skyrocket

While Billions are Spent Overseas on Occupation
Old 12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Behonest, has anyone here been denied housing because they're a white man or a Republican? Have your children been harrassed at school because their father is a white man or a Republican?
I dunno, I remember recieving some pretty shady grades on some theory papers I wrote in college. My professor happened to be an extremely liberal ex-hippie. So I guess I could count that.

Quote:
And I do not see how white males can say they have it worse than various minority groups when it comes to discrimination.

Thank you dissention, for trying to explain what it is that I was REALLY referring to in my post, and not the assumptions and implications that followed.
Now I really don't think anyone believes that white males are worse off then anybody else. I'm just saying why not treat everyone the same regardless of color.

I was just pointing out that there is this thing I have seen with liberals to lump every Republican into this rich, white male catagory and look at it as a negative. How is being rich, white or male a negative???

I wasn't knocking your statement...sorry for the confusion.

We are all buds!!!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 12-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Yup. The largest welfare programs you are funding are in the Middle East. They're called Israel and Iraq.

Attached Images
File Type: gif bush.gif (7.5 KB, 9 views)

- Dennis Miller