Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Anne Perfect

Christine Perfect is the self-titled debut album of the music artist of the same name (Perfect being the maiden name of the future Christine McVie). It was released just after she left Chicken Shack but before she joined Fleetwood Mac. The Album contained the hit single "I'd Rather Go Blind" from Christine's days with Chicken Shack.

Christine McVie (born Christine Anne Perfect on July 12, 1943 near Greenodd, Cumbria) is an English rock singer, keyboardist, and songwriter. Her primary fame came as a member of the British/American rock band Fleetwood Mac though she has also released three solo albums. McVie has a deep contralto vocal range.

Christine Anne Perfect was born in the small village of Bouth in the Lake District, but eventually grew up in the Bearwood area of Smethwick, where her father, Cyril, was a college professor and concert violinist. Christine's mother Beatrice (called Tee) was a medium, a psychic and a faith healer. Her grandfather had played the organ in Westminster Abbey. Although Christine had been introduced to the piano at age four, she didn't really take to music until she was 11. She continued taking classical music lessons until the age of 15, when her older brother, John, brought home a Fats Domino songbook which transformed her musical interest from classical music to rock n' roll. Other early influences include The Everly Brothers and The Beatles.

Christine studied sculpture at an art college in Birmingham, England for five years, with the goal of becoming an art teacher. During that time she met a number of budding musicians in England's blues scene. Although studying art at the time Christine had an innate love for the music business. Her first foray into the music field didn't come until she met two friends Stan Webb and Andy Silvester in a pub one night. At the time they were playing in a band called "Shades Of Blue" which had a few dates booked but no bass guitarist. Knowing that Christine had musical talent they asked her to join. Also during that time she would often sing with Spencer Davis. After five years Christine graduated from art college with a teaching degree, but by that time "Shades of Blue" had split up.

Fresh out of art college, Christine found that she didn't have enough money to launch herself into the art world, so she moved to London, where she worked briefly as a department store window dresser.

In 1968, a friend of Christine told her that her ex-bandmates Andy Silvester and Stan Webb were forming a blues band and were looking for a pianist, so she wrote to them asking to join them. A few days later they replied, inviting her to play keyboards/piano and sing background vocals in their band Chicken Shack. Christine stayed with Chicken Shack for two albums and together they scored the top 10 British hit "I'd Rather Go Blind" with Christine on lead vocals. She was given a Melody Maker award for female vocalist of the year, and she was lauded for having one of the "top 10 pairs of legs in all of Britain". Christine left Chicken Shack in 1969 after meeting Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie.

Christine was a big fan of Fleetwood Mac at the time and while touring with Chicken Shack the two bands would often run into each other (they were also stablemates at Blue Horizon). Encouraged to continue her career, she recorded a solo album, Christine Perfect, which she does not feel is among her better works. As Christine McVie, she joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970, just after marrying Fleetwood Mac bass guitarist John McVie. She had already contributed backup vocals, played keyboards, and painted the cover for Kiln House. The band had just lost founding member Peter Green and its members were nervous about touring without him. McVie had been a huge fan of the Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac, and since she knew all the lyrics to their songs, she went along. McVie quickly became an essential member of the group and the author of some of its finest songs, a position she would continue to hold for nearly 25 years.

The early 1970s was a rocky time for the band, with a revolving door of musicians, and only the albums Mystery to Me and Bare Trees scoring any successes. Furthermore, a group impersonating Fleetwood Mac was touring the United States without their permission. John McVie's alcohol drinking became unbearable, and Christine had an affair with a music producer.

01. "Crazy About You Baby" (Williamson) - 3:03
02. "I'm on My Way" (Robey) - 3:10
03. "Let Me Go (Leave Me Alone)" (McVie) - 3:35
04. "Wait and See" (McVie) - 3:14
05. "Close to Me" (McVie, Haywood) - 2:40
06. "I'd Rather Go Blind" (Jordan, Foster) - 3:52
07. "When You Say" (Kirwan) - 3:14
08. "And That's Saying a Lot" (Jackson, Godfrey) - 2:58
09. "No Road Is the Right Road" (McVie) - 2:49
10. "For You" (McVie) - 2:46
11. "I'm Too Far Gone (To Turn Around)" (Hendricks, Otis) - 3:26
12. "I Want You" (White) - 2:23
Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I purposely did not include the link from this article.

Viv doesn't want you to download this.
Viv wants you to buy it.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

buy it lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Viv wants you to buy it.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Viv wants you to buy it.
Butters wants you to buy it, too.

Not sure how, exactly, considering the prices but do your best.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr