Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Default 24 Karat Documentary

It's time to start speculating about a "24 Karat Gold - Songs From The Vault" documentary.

I would love to have another documentary from Stevie and Dave. Dave considers himself a filmmaker (well he sorta is) and we need to speculate now!

Stevie Interview: December 2013

Interviewer: "Can you imagine this concept of letting cameras in and documenting your creative process is this something you think you'd go back and do again or is it something you'd rather do once to just achieve it does it open up other doors....Is it something you think down the line you may do more of too allow cameras or just your own shooting to sort of document your life or your special place in the world"

"Well if I ever decide to do another real album like In Your Dreams, I would want to do it the same way. I couldn't do another album in this house because this house has really been filmed every little nook and cranny has been filmed all upstairs and I think we would have to move another house......"

I Don't Care (Snippet from June 2014)

Dave's laptop is playing the video/audio track and daves cell phone is re-recording it to post it on Facebook. Possibly he has the recording on the laptop for the documentary

I really hope they are recording this as a movie although no announcement has been made yet
Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Ledgie

After the masterpiece that was the In Your Dreams documentary, I would love one for 24karat.

I just hope that if one is going to be released, it doesn't take as long as it did with IYD!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxEpiscopalian View Post
After the masterpiece that was the In Your Dreams documentary, I would love one for 24karat.

I just hope that if one is going to be released, it doesn't take as long as it did with IYD!
I hope not IYD took way to long
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly don't see them releasing a documentary for "24KG", as much as I think it would be cool to see Stevie sit down and talk about these songs (why they weren't included on previous releases, what they're about, why they mean a lot to her, and so on).

This album was recorded in record time. 2 (or was it 3) weeks in Nashville banging out 16 songs. 16 SONGS!!! Maybe even 18, according to Stevie's "memory". A film crew (even a small one) would have been very obtrusive and "in the way" in such the small window of time in which they had to record.

Mixing resumed (with what sounds like very little overdubs) in L.A. and at Stevie's house. All the videos and pictures posted by Dave show nothing but just a small group of people sitting around brainstorming and mixing. No film crew in these pictures.

Keep in mind that Dave was also working on Hollie Stephenson's music, as well as his daughter Kaya this whole time.

So this is just my opinion, but I don't think we're getting another documentary. If anyone filmed anything, it was just Dave...so I could see maybe a 15 or 20 minute video "junket" for promotion (that maybe they would post on her YouTube account) but even that would be pushing it.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I honestly don't see them releasing a documentary for "24KG", as much as I think it would be cool to see Stevie sit down and talk about these songs (why they weren't included on previous releases, what they're about, why they mean a lot to her, and so on).

This album was recorded in record time. 2 (or was it 3) weeks in Nashville banging out 16 songs. 16 SONGS!!! Maybe even 18, according to Stevie's "memory". A film crew (even a small one) would have been very obtrusive and "in the way" in such the small window of time in which they had to record.

Mixing resumed (with what sounds like very little overdubs) in L.A. and at Stevie's house. All the videos and pictures posted by Dave show nothing but just a small group of people sitting around brainstorming and mixing. No film crew in these pictures.

Keep in mind that Dave was also working on Hollie Stephenson's music, as well as his daughter Kaya this whole time.

So this is just my opinion, but I don't think we're getting another documentary. If anyone filmed anything, it was just Dave...so I could see maybe a 15 or 20 minute video "junket" for promotion (that maybe they would post on her YouTube account) but even that would be pushing it.
I could see it happening, Dave LOVES to make videos of everything! It wouldn't be a bunch of people recording, I could envision him doing the recording himself and it being very candid. I don't see it being a big production like IYD's documentary, but maybe like a half hour to hour "Making Of" kind of deal like the Making of Rumors documentary where each song gets an explanation like you were mentioning. What was going on when they were written, years written, why they ultimately were not gone with etc.

I would be happy with something like that!

But perhaps that is just my foolish wishes lol
Old 08-28-2014, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She needs to just, like post multiple short videos on her twitter like other stars who I don't care about do
Old 10-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think (as stated in one of the above posts) that these YouTube Videos we've been getting recently ~ these "commentary" videos for each song ~ are the closest thing we're going to get to a "documentary" about this record. Hopefully, they will eventually release one for each song! Fingers crossed. Most likely, they will remain on her YouTube channel...even though (in a perfect world) they would be compiled on some sort of DVD special edition thing ~ but that would require releasing another SUPER deluxe edition!

I wish I were technologically capable of burning YouTube videos to DVD.