The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So where are the people who have heard 24KG?

It is just a few weeks out from the 24KG's release now.By this time before the release of In Your Dreams we had a Ledgie that had heard that album as well as plenty of comments from journalist David Wild and also a record executive whose name escapes me.Surely there is someone out there has heard the album and can tell us something.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is just a few weeks out from the 24KG's release now.By this time before the release of In Your Dreams we had a Ledgie that had heard that album as well as plenty of comments from journalist David Wild and also a record executive whose name escapes me.Surely there is someone out there has heard the album and can tell us something.
David Wild has mentioned "24K" as well as Stevie on his twitter lately but not much else...It seems that "camp Stevie" is keeping things quiet...For now...
Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's your cue, FM77!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just had to reboot this one since we are now coming up on one week from the vinyl release and no one seems to have heard this album in it's entirety .I had a burned promo copy of the entire TISL album 6 weeks before it's official release.There are not even any critical reviews of 24KG yet.They have done a great job of keeping this one under wraps!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just had to reboot this one since we are now coming up on one week from the vinyl release and no one seems to have heard this album in it's entirety .I had a burned promo copy of the entire TISL album 6 weeks before it's official release.There are not even any critical reviews of 24KG yet.They have done a great job of keeping this one under wraps!
Yes it seems people that have heard 24K are under some kind of secrecy agreement...Vanessa Carlton has a song on it so I would think she's heard it...Michelle Branch tweeted about hanging out at FM rehearsals so I think she's heard it...With "IYD" David Wild had already written an article by now...Maybe Stevie wants to concentrate on FM rehearsals and she will combine "24K" and "On with the show" interviews...Right now her "Self portrait" showing seems to be getting more press than her new record...
Old 09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
My friend in L.A. works for The A.P. all he would say is 24k is great
theres a huge gag order on anything Stevie and FMac
Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
My friend in L.A. works for The A.P. all he would say is 24k is great
theres a huge gag order on anything Stevie and FMac
It's interesting that the most likely bogus Sharon instagram also said there was a gag order on Stevie & FM ...I can see FM trying to keep everything as low key as possible with John's recent health issues and Christine still adjusting to being back in the limelight but why all the secrecy with "24K"?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It's interesting that the most likely bogus Sharon instagram also said there was a gag order on Stevie & FM ...I can see FM trying to keep everything as low key as possible with John's recent health issues and Christine still adjusting to being back in the limelight but why all the secrecy with "24K"?
here's the conversation we had
there was a post about a gag order in effect till mid Oct but that might have been just for FMac, cant find it and dont remember it exact

Just interviewed Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham for the upcoming Fleetwood Mac reunion tour -- the first with all five principal members since 1998.
Here they are with publicist Liz Rosenberg: three legends in one shot.
A moment to savor —

need some scoop, pm me please, please???

Time to chat?

Lindsey was lovely. A lot of water under the bridge, I reckon. I've discovered people either become harder or kinder and more understanding as time goes by, and all indications today indicate the latter for Lindsey.

sorry Mike was sleeping, just wondering if you found anything out that I might not know already ie: setlist surprises or any info at all about the new album?
have you heard the Stevie album, and do you have a copy for me?

I saw set list. Nothing unusual, but long. New album not 'til after tour. Sorry so brief. Early here. "24k" is great!
thanks Mike
Old 09-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
here's the conversation we had
there was a post about a gag order in effect till mid Oct but that might have been just for FMac, cant find it and dont remember it exact

Just interviewed Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham for the upcoming Fleetwood Mac reunion tour -- the first with all five principal members since 1998.
Here they are with publicist Liz Rosenberg: three legends in one shot.
A moment to savor —

need some scoop, pm me please, please???

Time to chat?

Lindsey was lovely. A lot of water under the bridge, I reckon. I've discovered people either become harder or kinder and more understanding as time goes by, and all indications today indicate the latter for Lindsey.

sorry Mike was sleeping, just wondering if you found anything out that I might not know already ie: setlist surprises or any info at all about the new album?
have you heard the Stevie album, and do you have a copy for me?

I saw set list. Nothing unusual, but long. New album not 'til after tour. Sorry so brief. Early here. "24k" is great!
thanks Mike
thanks for sharing, loved reading this impression from someone who seems to be completely unbiased.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-23-2014, 06:44 AM
Registered

it leaked 2 weeks ago
Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
it leaked 2 weeks ago
Do you have proof that torrent was legit? Because people put fake labels on downloads all the time. One of our own board members crafted a "full song" for download out of one of the 15 second clips- he simply slowed it down to stretch out the track time.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Do you have proof that torrent was legit? Because people put fake labels on downloads all the time. One of our own board members crafted a "full song" for download out of one of the 15 second clips- he simply slowed it down to stretch out the track time.
i never said anything about it on a torrent site
Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i never said anything about it on a torrent site
I could have sworn it was you who found a torrent of it, started downloading it, then became suspicious of it's authenticity?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I could have sworn it was you who found a torrent of it, started downloading it, then became suspicious of it's authenticity?
No, that was me. I actually downloaded the whole thing but never played/deleted it.
Olive mentioned the actual album being available somewhere not in torrent format.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.

Last edited by Danielle; 09-23-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Ledgie

I have been searching the depths of the internet and have yet to come across it