The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's awesome Regina! Wish I was there. BTW, you mentioned Farrah. Is it the same Farrah from Burnish.net days? I never hear about anyone from then, so I got excited!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aww, I'm so glad you all had such a great time! This seems like it was so worth seeing and I'm glad to have experienced it vicariously through all your comments and tidbits. LB is loosening up a lot this tour. I love it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I think it was something like "it's nice to see so many familiar faces" but I could definitely not swear to it. It might be my mind filling in the blanks for going total fangirl on him and giggling like a ninny instead of actually hearing words.
But, (eeeeeeee!) I got to see him again! It's been a fun tour!
When I met Lindsey, I totally blanked out on anything worthy of discussion and sort of fangirled (calmly) and expressed my adoration for his music and genius. He was so sweet to me, so I think it didn't bother him.

Quote:
P.S. He had this really big bodyguard who kept trying to chase me away by saying "thank you" and gesturing toward the door. But, Lindsey wasn't, so...I finished my little speech. Hey, if I have to sit through his, he has to sit through my two sentences. And when I stood looking down at him signing, he's soooo thin. Made me feel like Brunhilda the Wonder Warrior or something.

That is all.
Awww....go on girl! And Lindsey is a tiny guy. I just noticed this in context with other men, while he was standing next to Jimmy Fallon and that (horribly unfunny) comedian the other night. He was so small. Since I'm not a tall or big girl, it's hard for me to note this when I met him but it's totally true that he is. And his hair is so high so he sort of creates his own proportions.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ROCK AWAY BLIND?!?!?!?! Why was it the "last time"?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I thought of you immediately! Best quote of the night, Go Your Own Way, B*tch!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah! He can't just play it the once! It has to get added to the setlist before the UK

Was this event filmed or recorded or was it just a one off event?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry if I missed this in a previous post, but about how many people attended?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I had a blast last night! #ditto pretty much on the previous reviews! It was hella cool to get my cd signed and he loved my "Get Tusked Lindsey" tshirt that i made!

Also, I am so glad that I finally got to see LB live! I was blown away at Red Bank! I will DEFINITELY see him again!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Two quick things:

1. Lindsey's direct quote was "Go your own way... you B***!" lol LOL LOL

2. When Lindsey signed my CD I said: "It's an honor. And I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that SAY YOU WILL is the best American album of the decade!" HIs response: "Thank you! There's some ballsy **** on that album!" And I must have made a face like: "ballsy?!" I honestly don't remember what I said though: I hope it was something like: "Yes, it is a great thing." or something but I think my face was just like: "BALLSY?!"

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Two quick things:

1. Lindsey's direct quote was "Go your own way... you B***!" lol LOL LOL

2. When Lindsey signed my CD I said: "It's an honor. And I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that SAY YOU WILL is the best American album of the decade!" HIs response: "Thank you! There's some ballsy **** on that album!" And I must have made a face like: "ballsy?!" I honestly don't remember what I said though: I hope it was something like: "Yes, it is a great thing." or something but I think my face was just like: "BALLSY?!"
I'm soooooo glad that you got to tell him that! U rock!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Honestly, I think he was a liiiiittle thrown by the spontaneity of the performance. He hadn't planned on playing it, he was singing into a microphone that was set up for speaking, I don't think he'd really warmed up his voice all that much, so I would guess it was more that he wasn't that excited with how the song came across. His live shows are so polished and it was kind of neat seeing him tune his guitar and figure out if everything was in place for certain songs, but I got a sense that he wasn't loving not giving us a more "perfected" version. Nonetheless, it was really neat and I don't think anyone cared at all that it was so off the cuff, everyone was very excited by the song choice when he said it was what he was going to play!

Also, I should note that he played "Big Love" completely full out while sitting in an armchair. I couldn't help laughing at the end, because it was total, fulll on "Big Love" yelping, while sitting down, on a stage in an auditorium. Amazing.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

MiMi, you're the Get Tusked shirt??? I was the one in front of you on line! (I didn't know who anyone was, and I'm awful at introducing myself. )

Agreed with everyone that it was amazing. And yeah, Big Love sitting in an armchair was bizarre!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelGravel View Post
That's awesome Regina! Wish I was there. BTW, you mentioned Farrah. Is it the same Farrah from Burnish.net days? I never hear about anyone from then, so I got excited!
Yup. The one and only Farrah I know. She's great. We've been friends now for...eons. I actually have kept up most of my early Ledge friendships. I've always said that we (sometimes) argued to the death but, at the same time, formed lifelong friendships, which is very, very nice.

Quote:
When I met Lindsey, I totally blanked out on anything worthy of discussion and sort of fangirled (calmly) and expressed my adoration for his music and genius. He was so sweet to me, so I think it didn't bother him.
Nico--The funny thing is, I've met him a few times before. I talked to him twice. I was SO calm during the previous times. And, we actually had more contact than this time but ... maybe it was the formality. I have no clue. I was just a giddy doofus. But, yeah, he was great. As to his size, it's funny because when I've stood next to him, he doesn't seem as small but, geez, yesterday...I felt gargantuan. And, I am a large woman but still...

Quote:
Two quick things:

TrueFaith...I'm pretty sure we were about two people behind you in line. I heard you mention SYW, although I didn't know in what context. Ballsy. Ha! I think he was totally referring to The Song Known As "Come." That one was definitely ballsy.

(For the record, I thought Big Love sitting down was odd, too. I kind of expected him to hump that ugly old chair. And, Rock Away Blind was awesome)
Old 11-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another big surprise: He said he has considered that for an album he might relinquish his usual songwriting method (a boy and his guitar) and try to begin the compositions on... the piano!!!! And incorporate that into some of his live performances in support of said album!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I recorded audio for about half an hour of this. Sorry, folks--didn't realize it'd stopped recording! Better than nothing.

I had such a great time last night. Lindsey was funny and charming and only mentioned big machine/little machine once! I was very impressed.
I saw Ledgies I knew well, and had the pleasure of meeting a few new ones. Special shout-outs to Elle and Melissa, who Ed and I had dinner with. It's always interesting when Stevie and Lindsey fans collide!

Now, I'm completely computer illiterate and have never uploaded to MediaFire before, so let me know if these don't work.

Part 1
Part 2 (includes "Rock Away Blind")
Part 3
Part 4

Last edited by mezzoforte; 11-05-2011 at 12:35 PM..