Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Get Stevie Nicks on Oprah: The Farewell Season | Facebook
Welcome to a Facebook Page about Get Stevie Nicks on Oprah: The Farewell Season. Join Facebook to start connecting with Get Stevie Nicks on Oprah: The ...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-St...16397091750963

I probably have said this every time I've posted about going to see a Rush show.. but the band had a huge impact on me when I was young. For John, his band was Fleetwood Mac, mostly because of Stevie Nicks. We went and saw them a few years back, and we had very good seats then... maybe 5 or 6 rows back. Stevie does a song where it's traditional for fans to push up against the stage and Stevie kneels down and touchs them. When the point in the song got near, there was a rush to the stage. John is a big guy. He mowed people down - it didn't matter who they were. I think I saw some old ladies being put on stretchers afterward. Stevie Nicks touched him, and it was a big moment.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm older now.. but it doesn't seem like young people today have their own Beatles.. or Rolling Stones.. or Rush. Is it Lady Gaga and Justine Beiber? That's a real shame.
http://tomsneurosis.blogspot.com/2010/09/rush-rush.html

frockstyle: Mayle/Sigerson Pop-Up: More Details
By Moya
The missing pieces were the lace romper, lace dress (often described as the Stevie Nicks dress--I don't know its real name), and the Chanel/Marant-esque blue jacket with zippers that I believe was the most expensive item at $920, ...
frockstyle - http://frockstyle.blogspot.com/

Trinie Dalton on DELIA GONZALEZ AND GAVIN RUSSOM (Arthur No. 21 ...
By editor@arthurmag.com
My boyfriend Matt and I arrived on our bikes to this chic Berlin restaurant that had no sign, and I wouldn't have known we were at the right place had there not been a long dinner table set outside where a Stevie Nicks-ish redhead ...
ARTHUR MAGAZINE - http://www.arthurmag.com/

eBay.com.sg: STEVIE NICKS on 12 stamps TOUVA MNH#8482 (item ...
Find STEVIE NICKS on 12 stamps TOUVA MNH#8482 in the Stamps category on eBay.com .sg.
cgi.ebay.com.sg/STEVIE-NICKS-on-12...-/370436721628
Old 09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Women In Rock: Stevie Nicks
Posted on September 27, 2010 by jeffreychrist

Interviewed in Los Angeles, on May 11 1985, a few months before the release of her 3rd solo LP ROCK A LITTLE, Stevie Nicks, the Rolling Stone-anointed “Queen Of Rock & Roll” takes on a myriad of subjects.

In part 1, Stevie discusses the hopefully-imminent release of ROCK A LITTLE and what that means, working with her band and the recording of a few of the tracks in a Dallas church, with Jimmy Iovine, music videos (at this point, the first single wasn’t even chosen – eventually it was “Talk To Me”, which hit #4 on Billboard’s Hot 100) and touring, the surge of women in Rock N Roll that year and how Fleetwood Mac helped her become the rock star she is and how they protected her as “the little sister”.

In part 2, Stevie discusses her influence on other artists and how she hopes that, through her energy – if not her singing – those artists could learn something; her fashion influences (Madonna gets out of such comparative influences easily, Prince does not!), the admiration she has for up-and-coming newbie Cyndi Lauper’s strength and Tina Turner’s tenacity and fortitude. She also happily discusses her back-up singers Lori Perry and Sharon Celani (and “Minnie” – you have to watch) and how having them as friends and support make her life so much easier, and the relations and alleged competition between women in general, in music and in life.

She also discusses where her passion for her love of painting comes from, how it sedates her and grounds her and how it’s never been an innate ability or desire until only a few years prior. She opens up about how this passion started due to the sickness of her friend Robin (whom she doesn’t mention by name) and how she started drawing so, when Stevie could not be with her, the image of her drawings kept them connected. She “summons” Sister Honey for the interviewer (which can be seen in the next part of the video), a painting that has become a favorite over the years for Nicks’ fans.

The video is damaged around the 7 minute mark in part 2, but it’s only briefly – and you can still hear the audio.

In the final part, her painting Sister Honey is brought into the room and Nicks explains her origins and again states that this is all (painting, that is) still very new to her. Stevie is then asked about her “book that is coming out”, called “The Wild Heart” and its contents:

“A lot of poetry, it’s some journalistic stuff; it’s a lot of the actual nights of recording of THE WILD HEART and the experiences that happened during that 2-3 year period. There are some things from my Fleetwood Mac stash of 10 years of writing….the real essence of that isn’t in this book because that’s a book in itself…it’s my life, and it’s very honest.”

The book has a lot of “advice” and “philosophy” and a way to “give a little bit more of me”. She’s “very excited about them (her fans) receiving it” more than actually putting it out (We fans have been wishing for years for any book from Stevie – but sadly, “The Wild Heart” was never published.)

She talks about what she does in her down time – which is a foreign concept to her. She’s been working non-stop for over a year and a half, and hopes to take a vacation when it’s over. She talks a little about love, and the possible resurrection of Fleetwood Mac and the bond they share…and how she liked Christine McVie’s solo album and loved the video for McVie’s “Got A Hold On Me” video.

Before the interview is over, Stevie wants to add an an addendum to her earlier philosophy of love, and how she doesn’t want anyone to misinterpret that it’s an impossible ideal – she does believe one can fine it…one just has to look hard.

http://mynewboyfriend.com/2010/09/27...-stevie-nicks/
Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These are new photos of Taylor Swift in Milan today for the Roberto Cavalli runway show. I didn’t know Swifty was into Cavalli - he seems too rock n’ roll for her girly tastes. I would figure Taylor for Oscar de la Renta and The Gap. But here she is - and I’m assuming this outfit is Cavalli. I don’t really hate it - it’s very Stevie Nicks, correct? Gypsy. Faux gypsy, really. Commercial gypsy. I hate the tights. They’re overkill on an already dowdy outfit - although I think Taylor might make everything look kind of dowdy. She really needs to do something different with her hair, I think.

http://www.celebitchy.com/119015/tay...my_own_nerves/
Old 09-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Oakazine interview with Frances Rose. Michelle names Stevie and Joss Whedon as her favorite artists in any medium:

http://oakazine.com/archives/2612

Q. Who would be your dream musician/s to collaborate with? Why?

Michelle: Alicia Keys or Stevie Nicks because they are brilliant at creating compelling melodies and I love them.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-28-2010 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Excerpt from Oakazine interview with Frances Rose. Michelle names Stevie and Josh Whedon as her favorite artists in any medium:

http://oakazine.com/archives/2612

Q. Who would be your dream musician/s to collaborate with? Why?

Michelle: Alicia Keys or Stevie Nicks because they are brilliant at creating compelling melodies and I love them.
OT, but what's a Josh Whedon? I know a Joss Whedon - is it a typo (I mean, Joss makes TV shows and movies, but it does say "any medium" so I figure it fits)?

Always interesting to see the different places Stevie's name pops up. It's all over the board in terms of sources.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Boyz Get Mini…2 – Mini Mini Market
By joshkingsland
That's right, it's none other than the mystical maven of mohair kisses and stardust dreams- Ms. Stevie Nicks. As we all know, nothin' says lovin' like a gold dust woman fresh from the vaults of the rock n' roll oven. ...
Mini Mini Market - http://www.miniminimarket.com/mini/

TheFemme » Blog Archive » Q & A Time with DJ Tracy Young
By admin
DJTY: John Lennon and The Beatles, Madonna, Stevie Nicks, Prince, Michael Jackson, Earth Wind And Fire & Stevie Wonder to name a few. I am inspired by so many different genres of music. At the moment I am listening to Eminem, Drake, ...
TheFemme - http://www.thefabfemme.com/

Last edited by vivfox; 09-28-2010 at 08:00 AM..
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fast Times At Ridgemont High: Music From The Motion Picture ...
By Music & Movie Gal
Stevie Nicks' “Sleeping Angel” can also be found on the Enchanted box set; when I first heard it from there, I chalked another all-time great melancholy ballad for the Welsh Witch. This is played while Mike Damone is calling people who ...
Music N Flicks - http://musicnflicks.com/
Old 10-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

R&p: Can You Name A Song Whose Lyrics Make Absolutely No Sense ...
By admin
Yellow Ledbetter, for instance. I can say the same for my doll Stevie Nicks … I love me some Stevie, but sometimes her lyrics sound like they were written by a stoned fortune teller. Quite Alright - October 2nd, 2010 at 4:06 pm ...
Medicine - http://www.med51.com/

THE JIMMY CRESPO PROJECT, the new band led by Jimmy Crespo — best known as the guitarist who replaced Joe Perry in AEROSMITH from 1979 to 1984 — will make its live debut on October 8 in Club Madrid (inside Sunset Station) in Las Vegas, Nevada alongside SIN CITY SINNERS. The show starts at 9 p.m. and is free.

THE JIMMY CRESPO PROJECT is:

Jimmy Crespo (AEROSMITH) - Guitar
Chris Van Dahl (L.A. GUNS) - Vocals
Phil Varone (SKID ROW, SAIGON KICK) - Drums
Kyle Kyle (BANG TANGO) - Bass
Michael Ellis (SIN CITY SINNERS) - Guitar

Crespo appeared on AEROSMITH's "Night In The Ruts" album and co-wrote the majority of songs on 1982's "Rock In A Hard Place", performing almost all the guitar duties on the LP.

After years of performing with such artists as Rod Stewart, Stevie Nicks, Billy Squier, Dee Snider and Lita Ford, Jimmy is ready to return to center stage with THE JIMMY CRESPO PROJECT.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=147020
Old 10-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Registered

I apologize for not doing this as well as Viv and Michele, who keep this thread current- and also for posting it in another thread then realizing here would be better- maybe V or M can improve upon it with links I'm too lazy to go back and get- but last night, I came across 2 Stevie Nicks mentions- today, October 4, is the 40 year 'anniversary' of the death of Janis Joplin, and SN's name came up twice. If it helps, I'm pretty sure the first article that mentions Stevie came from the New York Times. I forget where, for the other one. Edit: Link for the 2 page NYT article, it's interesting.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/ar.../03joplin.html
Today, October 4, is the date when 40 years ago that Janis Joplin died. I googled Janis, under "news"- and in new articles, Stevie Nicks' name came up twice. Once was in an article quoting a Big Brother musician, who said he's 70 and doesn't have all the time in the world left, so "get me Pink, get me Stevie Nicks"-- to record a song he co-wrote with Janis, from the vault, that he released small-time, with only 500 copies pressed, and he'd like to see it recorded by Stevie or by Pink. The Joplin estate balked, then relented, realizing that 500 copies wasn't worth getting all legally-inclined over.
The Joplin estate has finally hired a professional to help 'revive the diminished presence or legacy' of Joplin- in the past decade, especially, Janis is not selling at all, so they hired the same man who runs the still very profitable merchandising of Jim Morrison and--- I forget the other dead star- (James Dean, maybe? Marilyn?)
There are several plans in the works to bring Janis Joplin's name back into public consciousness- Laura Joplin admits that she knew nothing about keeping the legacy strong- one plan is for a jewelry line, "Made For Pearl" -- based on Janis' style, not sure if that will work out or not. Sounds like a lot of bracelets and feathers!
I don't have links handy, and they were only brief SN mentions- one of the 2 articles said something like "Stevie Nicks, especially, has replaced Joplin as a symbol of enduring female rock stardom."
Well, SN's career is in its 35th year of stardom now, Joplin had 3 years for her entire ('famous') career before she died. I'd say that Stevie deserves the title, if there has to be one!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-04-2010 at 11:09 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[So all of Stevie's fans can take heart. This is from a review of Miley's new album]

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...tevie-Nicks-Jr

But people shouldn’t be too harsh on Cyrus. All she really wants to say is that, in her third studio album, little Miley has put away Hannah Montana’s childish things and has now entered the grown-up world of slick pop engineering, layers of precision keyboards, sporadic flare-ups of Auto-Tune, wall-to-wall choruses, melodramatic refrains, and a voice that is definitely maturing into Stevie Nicks junior.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[So all of Stevie's fans can take heart. This is from a review of Miley's new album]

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...tevie-Nicks-Jr

But people shouldn’t be too harsh on Cyrus. All she really wants to say is that, in her third studio album, little Miley has put away Hannah Montana’s childish things and has now entered the grown-up world of slick pop engineering, layers of precision keyboards, sporadic flare-ups of Auto-Tune, wall-to-wall choruses, melodramatic refrains, and a voice that is definitely maturing into Stevie Nicks junior.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Nikolaj
This message has been deleted by Nikolaj.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyday I visit a website www.givewayoftheday.com which offers free versions (not trialware) of software which you can download and install. Available software changes every 24 hours and today they offered some video conversion software. After I installed the software I was pleasantly surprised by the default image for the Aplus Video Converter program:

Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
Dr. Brown, that is a very nice picture you posted. Did you ever think of shrinking it and making it your sig pic?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Austinites' ACL Fest 2010 Picks: Ian Morales from Austin Latino ...
By Chris Apollo Lynn
She is a reincarnation of Stevie Nicks (still alive by the way) in a more earthy, indie-folk form. Her voice is beautiful, soulful and just southern enough to appreciate without scaring anyone north of the Mason Dixie into thinking its ...
Life Music People and Events... - http://republicofaustin.com/
Old 10-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vallejoan recalls memorable moments with Tony Curtis

It was 1990 and Scott Foster was waiting for an elevator at the Mayfair Hotel in London. He was hanging out with pop star Stevie Nicks while "learning the world tour business" from her tour manager.
"Stevie and I were standing there and I said, 'That guy looks like an old Tony Curtis,'" recalled Foster. "Stevie turned to me and said, 'That is Tony Curtis, you idiot.'"
Curtis overheard the exchange and laughed.
"I apologized to him," said Foster, a lifetime Vallejoan.
The three waitied so long for the elevator, they decided to kill time at the bar.
"When the waitress came, she recognized Stevie right away," Foster said. "When she got to Tony, she said he looked familiar. He replied that he gets that all the time."

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_16286430

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/