User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
She was also with Paul Fishkin during Tusk and he was the one who pushed her to do a solo album. She later said he was the one that understood her and her life the most and would probably have been the one to settle down with. Something to that effect.
She was with him long before that though. She was quoted in People in the year end issue 1976 (as one of the year's most fascinating people) that she was seeing Paul then (1976). They were long broken up by the time she did BD.

Dates seem to align that she went with Henley right after Lindsey (and of course whoever she was "shacking up is all you wanna do" with while with him) and while they were still making Rumours, but that was off and on and each saw other people while they were apart. (Mick said same thing about his relationship with her, that they were each also seeing other people all throughout).

Henley, then Fishkin, then maybe Curry while on the road touring Rumours??, I still don't know where JD fit in exactly, Mick somewhere by end of Rumours tour, [who knows who between him and Hernan], somebody(somebodies?) while touring Tusk, then eventually Jimmy to begin BD, breakup with him while starting Mirage, who knows who during Mirage album and the tour, then on/off with Jimmy again while starting WH, then marry Kim, finish record and divorce Kim, Joe on WH tour, then Joe and whoever all else after the tour... somewhere in there was Les Dudek as they worked stuff for RAL, (Waddy's in all this somewhere), then eventually Rupert Hine, and then I was getting out of college and starting my career etc and lost track of her scorecard.....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-07-2020 at 11:21 PM..
Old 01-08-2020, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She was with him long before that though. She was quoted in People in the year end issue 1976 (as one of the year's most fascinating people) that she was seeing Paul then (1976). They were long broken up by the time she did BD.

Dates seem to align that she went with Henley right after Lindsey (and of course whoever she was "shacking up is all you wanna do" with while with him) and while they were still making Rumours, but that was off and on and each saw other people while they were apart. (Mick said same thing about his relationship with her, that they were each also seeing other people all throughout).

Henley, then Fishkin, then maybe Curry while on the road touring Rumours??, I still don't know where JD fit in exactly, Mick somewhere by end of Rumours tour, [who knows who between him and Hernan], somebody(somebodies?) while touring Tusk, then eventually Jimmy to begin BD, breakup with him while starting Mirage, who knows who during Mirage album and the tour, then on/off with Jimmy again while starting WH, then marry Kim, finish record and divorce Kim, Joe on WH tour, then Joe and whoever all else after the tour... somewhere in there was Les Dudek as they worked stuff for RAL, (Waddy's in all this somewhere), then eventually Rupert Hine, and then I was getting out of college and starting my career etc and lost track of her scorecard.....
jesus christ, $he was doing Curry, too?

No wonder $he's alone these days. $he met her lifetime quota! Or wore it out!

It's truly amazing how long her list is...
Old 01-08-2020, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
jesus christ, $he was doing Curry, too?

No wonder $he's alone these days. $he met her lifetime quota! Or wore it out!

It's truly amazing how long her list is...
that's the rumour anyway. Someone asked Dashut about it on his first website and he took the coy road and refused to confirm or deny. There are photos of them that raise some question....

Oh, and let's not forget the Beatle's publicity guy Derek for whom she says she wrote Beautiful Child. So I guess we know at least one of her hookups during the Tusk tour, after dumping Hernan.

And the drummer who was her sober sponsor, Derek Taylor when she toured after rehab.

Didn't Rick report some sort of dalliance, a make-out session at least if I recall......

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-08-2020 at 01:03 AM..
Old 01-08-2020, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's the rumour anyway. Someone asked Dashut about it on his first website and he took the coy road and refused to confirm or deny. There are photos of them that raise some question....

Oh, and let's not forget the Beatle's publicity guy Derek for whom she says she wrote Beautiful Child. So I guess we know at least one of her hookups during the Tusk tour, after dumping Hernan.

And the drummer who was her sober sponsor, Derek Taylor when she toured after rehab.

Didn't Rick report some sort of dalliance, a make-out session at least if I recall......
I guess in MANY ways, $he had the world by the balls at that point in life.

Hopefully $he didn't catch something incurable. I personally know a couple old rockers with the herpes.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess in MANY ways, $he had the world by the balls at that point in life.

Hopefully $he didn't catch something incurable. I personally know a couple old rockers with the herpes.
I actually don't care how many people she slept with, I just find it odd that she always talked/wrote songs about longing for love and the one true love that would last and last... but really, she just liked the romantic notion of it, and preferred playing the field, moving on from one to the next when she got bored. Many of these guys would have been good partners; many not. She said something not long ago that looking back she had dated many guys who "actually liked me and were totally fine with my lifestyle" yet she admitted she still ditched them and went after those wild, torrid, totally unsustainable flings.

And btw, we have no idea how many shags the boys in the band were all out there getting. You KNOW Mick was a dog. I don't think the others were saints either, whether they had wives or girlfriends notwithstanding.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually don't care how many people she slept with, I just find it odd that she always talked/wrote songs about longing for love and the one true love that would last and last... but really, she just liked the romantic notion of it, and preferred playing the field, moving on from one to the next when she got bored. Many of these guys would have been good partners; many not. She said something not long ago that looking back she had dated many guys who "actually liked me and were totally fine with my lifestyle" yet she admitted she still ditched them and went after those wild, torrid, totally unsustainable flings.

And btw, we have no idea how many shags the boys in the band were all out there getting. You KNOW Mick was a dog. I don't think the others were saints either, whether they had wives or girlfriends notwithstanding.
I'd guess that $tevie and Dick were the worst. Christine and Lindsey weren't too bad? I'm just basing those guesses on their personalities. John, I've never known what to make of his personal life back then...his demons might have kept him out of it? Just speculation.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd guess that $tevie and Dick were the worst. Christine and Lindsey weren't too bad? I'm just basing those guesses on their personalities. John, I've never known what to make of his personal life back then...his demons might have kept him out of it? Just speculation.
they seem to top most 'worst' lists in the band, eh?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they seem to top most 'worst' lists in the band, eh?
Because they're the same. Attention whores. Drama queens. Their only difference is that Dick wishes he had her kind of money.

They both crave being onstage, with no desire to be a "normal person". The other three aren't like that, certainly not to that degree anyway.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They both(Mick & Stevie) crave being onstage, with no desire to be a "normal person". The other three aren't like that, certainly not to that degree anyway.
I think Lindsey is also but he has no success touring solo. If he was as big a draw by himself as Stevie is, I bet LB would have spent much more time on the road.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I think Lindsey is also but he has no success touring solo. If he was as big a draw by himself as Stevie is, I bet LB would have spent much more time on the road.
it's funny reading this - how we define "success" on this board. apparently only selling out arenas or stadiums is defined as success. selling out theaters for $100-200 a pop is "no success" - most bands and performers would love to have that level of "no success".

similarly, Mick has even less success in even smaller venues when he tours with his blues band or plays his restaurant. so something doesn't compute in these statements.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2020, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
she was with him during making of Tusk and then went with him to Chile for 6 weeks after the album was done. She talked about this in an interview for Bella Donna. She said she was in a dark place after the Tusk album was finished and she had to make a decision "whether to stay in that dark place or do something to get out of it" which sorta sounds like whether or not to stay in the band and/or whether or not to start a solo career. Either way she wrote the song Bella Donna while in Chile and later said something about how it was inspired by his mother (I think this may be in the BD re release liner notes). Then the band went into rehearsals for the Tusk tour and she broke up with him prior to the tour under the excuse that it's too hard to maintain relationships when you're out on tour for over a year and you don't see each other for long stretches and she gets lonely on the road. She kinda broke his heart (I think isn't he the one who broke of an engagement to someone else to be with Stevie?).

Not sure who all she was with during the Tusk tour, but it was after that, when she began prepping for BD, that she hooked up with Jimmy and they were together until she went off to work on Mirage after the BD tour ended.

Somewhere after that while doing WH she kinda hooked back up with Jimmy but then hooked up with Kim and married him, but divorced him just as they were heading out on the WH tour. There's a tv interview from then where she talks about how she can't stop the tour and just has to move on from the marriage. Joe was her opening act for the WH tour and she hooked up with him and they were together the whole tour after which he seemed to think they were done but she hung on for like another couple years.

Somewhere along the line there she also hooked up with Waddy.
Oh.My.God!! No wonder she said the young female artists these days should use it while they have it cuz one day they won’t have it any more. She DID wear hers out, lol! This thread has become rather interesting.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's funny reading this - how we define "success" on this board. apparently only selling out arenas or stadiums is defined as success. selling out theaters for $100-200 a pop is "no success" - most bands and performers would love to have that level of "no success".

similarly, Mick has even less success in even smaller venues when he tours with his blues band or plays his restaurant. so something doesn't compute in these statements.
Every solo show I've seen with LB has been sold out or nearly sold out and the shows were amazing. He's successful in the fact that he has enough fans and the shows are electric.

I've seen Stevie solo shows along the way. I usually don't like her arrangements with her solo band. It's more predictable. The shows are kind of like FM shows but only less intense.

Christine's solo show rocked the house!! it was a small venue in Cleveland but she did her job. That band was intense. She did a ton of stuff from her new album and even did FM deep tracks (welch era). It was growth for her to go solo that year.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

It was from Homer's comment about Mick and Stevie being attention whores and I said Lindsey is too. He craves the attention. I can see it when he stands on a FM stage after he performs a song like Never Going Back Again. He'll stand there with his guitar strapped on himself eating up the applause. And yes Elle, if he had more success like Stevie does when she tours, he'd be eating up all his craved attention there also. Problem is, his music isn't as good as hers so he'll never have that large audience applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Every solo show I've seen with LB has been sold out or nearly sold out and the shows were amazing. He's successful in the fact that he has enough fans and the shows are electric.
That's funny I recall reading how BuckVie had massive amounts of empty seats. You guys need to face the fact that Stevie is the draw here within these FM band members. But back to my original point, despite our debate of what touring success really is, Lindsey Buckingham is an attention whore.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was from Homer's comment about Mick and Stevie being attention whores and I said Lindsey is too. He craves the attention. I can see it when he stands on a FM stage after he performs a song like Never Going Back Again. He'll stand there with his guitar strapped on himself eating up the applause. And yes Elle, if he had more success like Stevie does when she tours, he'd be eating up all his craved attention there also. Problem is, his music isn't as good as hers so he'll never have that large audience applause..

y'all chiffs are so cute trying to push this type of stuff over and over.

commercial does not equal great or even good, no matter how many times you try to push that. in fact, in most cases it's just the opposite.

nobody has a problem with Homer or you saying that LB is attention / adulation whore - he does love it and eats it up - and gives back to fans 1000x. it's not "if". he does do that, and he does tour extensively, whether solo, or BuckVie, or FM. when you add tour dates (public ones, not private gigs paid for by corporations) LB probably has way more tour dates than SN. she has more tours while he possibly has more dates all together. so what you are talking about really makes no sense - other than your trying to yet again push chiffs' favorite theory that commercially successful means quality performer and songwriter.

Quote:
That's funny I recall reading how BuckVie had massive amounts of empty seats. You guys need to face the fact that Stevie is the draw here within these FM band members. But back to my original point, despite our debate of what touring success really is, Lindsey Buckingham is an attention whore.
i remember reading how SN arena shows had highest level seats covered up / blocked off, and how her sheds shows did not even try to sell lawn. some of BuckVie shows in largest venues were completely sold out (Wolf Trap - together with huge lawn - for example), while others not so much. nobody disputes that SN is a known name while LB and CM are not, and that she has always and still is way more commercial than the others. so again - i don't get why you are trying to argue that point, and claiming that people don't accept it. and yes, neutral people (and critics, which she really hated!) would go to FM shows and come out raving about LB not SN.

LB, SN, and MF all are attention whores. which is to fans' benefit. nobody disputes that. we all agree on that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

$tevie fans love numbers. They always have. They equate quantity with quality. The rest of us fans understand the difference.

BOOM!