Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ken Caillat's comments

Has anyone been reading the comments on the Rumours board?

So Christine (along with Stevie and Lindsey) was "full of herself"

Is anyone surprised about this?

Personally I could imagine she could be difficult sometimes and I think making comments about what people were wearing is downright rude.

what does everyone else think?

Gail
Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Has anyone been reading the comments on the Rumours board?

So Christine (along with Stevie and Lindsey) was "full of herself"

Is anyone surprised about this?

Personally I could imagine she could be difficult sometimes and I think making comments about what people were wearing is downright rude.

what does everyone else think?

Gail
It doesn't really surprise me all that much. I remember somebody posted a quote from Stevie that Chris would tell someone that they didn't look so good & to go home...lol. I think she was very direct & would say what she thought. It's funny that there have been quite a few other people who've described her as down to earth. Maybe it depends on the person. Both Bob Welch & Ken, to a lesser degree have had some negative things to say about her.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
It doesn't really surprise me all that much. I remember somebody posted a quote from Stevie that Chris would tell someone that they didn't look so good & to go home...lol.
I would be cross if she said something like that to me and might be tempted to tell her so - provided I was sure of the exit and had fast car waiting

Another thought I had was is Mr Caillat expecting the band's co-operation with this book or perhaps they are too full of themselves to have time?

Edit: I've just read the start of the thread and yes he will be talking to the band - I wonder if any of them ever look at this board?

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 06-30-2009 at 07:39 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Edit: I've just read the start of the thread and yes he will be talking to the band - I wonder if any of them ever look at this board?

Gail
John is a member of this board.

I thought Christine's shirt comment was great.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember Stevie complained about the band critisizing her for the way she dressed? Perhaps it was Chris she was referring to when she said, "oh-she's in gray today."
Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 AM

I've always imagined Chris to be pretty sarcastic and funny... I've watched some of the "unedited" videos of her...

I love her dry wit, sarcastic comments, and I totally believe that her Stevie and Lindsey are full of themselves...

I remember Lindsey say to Bob Welch... Oh my God, how did you ever deal with them... referring to the English bandmates.... later on he became them...

this was no "Mystery to Me"
Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The comment is in keeping with some article about some band I posted a few years ago on Christine's site and on FMlegacy. The long article was about them, but they mentioned Christine. They said Christine walked up to them and said they looked gay and that that crushed them. She didn't say the word gay. She used some kind of British slang that I don't remember. But she didn't even know them. She just walked up and said it.

That bothered me. It would be one thing to walk up to Lindsey in his mascara and say, "Hey you look gay," but to do it to strangers . . . Obviously, many would go unbothered by the comment and many would be proud, but it was decades ago and these musicians were upset. They said they looked up to her and were excited to meet her and were hurt by her comment. I think they knew her from Chicken Shack though. This was early on. Probably before 1975.

Michele
Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post

I thought Christine's shirt comment was great.

yeah I laughed when I read that...but then I thought, what if she had said that to me??
I would've given it right back to her LOL b/c she didn't always make the best clothing choices either....
Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some chicks can get away with it no matter what and CM seemingly is one of them. If La Nicks has said that (which I do not really see her saying) - she'd be eviscerated as a cu*t

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdrummer View Post
yeah I laughed when I read that...but then I thought, what if she had said that to me??
I would've given it right back to her LOL b/c she didn't always make the best clothing choices either....
hello!!!! have you seen some of her awful hats and outfits!!!!

pa lease!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Within FM though, one of the reasons that Christine could do anything is that she was unselfish. As Ken said, one of the guys. And she said she considered herself one of the rhythm section, and she acted like it, meaning she wasn't trying to butt heads with Lindsey or Stevie, which made them less likely to fight with her. So, I guess it's pretty easy to take it if someone says you look awful, if you know for a fact they aren't trying to stab you in the back musically.
Michele
Old 06-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The comment is in keeping with some article about some band I posted a few years ago on Christine's site and on FMlegacy. The long article was about them, but they mentioned Christine. They said Christine walked up to them and said they looked gay and that that crushed them. She didn't say the word gay. She used some kind of British slang that I don't remember. But she didn't even know them. She just walked up and said it.
Michele
that would have been Status Quo who she said looked liked "a couple of f*ck*ng ponces" which is somewhat rude. With that I always got the impression that she did know them but I could be wrong.

Gail
Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdrummer View Post
Yes talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Gail
Old 06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that would have been Status Quo who she said looked liked "a couple of f*ck*ng ponces" which is somewhat rude. With that I always got the impression that she did know them but I could be wrong.

Gail
Yes, I found the article. Francis Rossi said:

Quote:
"We'd been playing with Rory Gallagher and Chicken Shack," says Rossi. "Rick and I thought Christine Perfect [of Chicken Shack and later, as Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac] was great. But she met us once and called us a couple of ****in' ponces and we thought, `No, not Christine Perfect...' We were gutted for ages."
Old 06-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I found the article. Francis Rossi said:

"We'd been playing with Rory Gallagher and Chicken Shack," says Rossi. "Rick and I thought Christine Perfect [of Chicken Shack and later, as Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac] was great. But she met us once and called us a couple of ****in' ponces and we thought, `No, not Christine Perfect...' We were gutted for ages."
I guess Francis got over it as the Quo did cover Don't Stop in later years

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource