User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Actually, they don't even seem to acknowledge the focused fans much, except when Stevie said it was the hard core fans stealing her music. For the most part, when they talk about their concert goers, they seem to have the casual fans in mind.

Yet, Mick just got off of a solo tour. Who exactly does he think was going out to see him perform? It wasn't the people who only know the FM "hits." They know the focused fans are out there. I guess there are just so few of us, that we don't have enough money to make them care.
Plus they know we "focused" fans will support just about anything they do, whether we're satisfied or not.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
It doesn't matter much to me what the Christine-less FM is doing, since I'm not about to pay arena prices to see them. What I don't understand is they're apparently touring and THEN they're going to record an album? (Or did I misunderstand that?) That doesn't make much sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
That is exactly what they are doing and you're correct it makes no sense.
Actually, No Doubt is doing the exact same thing in 2009, so Fleetwood Mac are not the only band to follow this trend.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
Actually, No Doubt is doing the exact same thing in 2009
That doesn't make much sense for them, either LOL
Old 12-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered

Its my opinion that the notion that you need to tour behind/in support of a new album is an outdated, antiquated concept from the days where album sales were of paramount importance to a band revenue-wise. These days, its not just for the Billy Joel's & Eagles' of the world- it makes sense for a wide variety of bands on many different levels.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Its my opinion that the notion that you need to tour behind/in support of a new album is an outdated, antiquated concept from the days where album sales were of paramount importance to a band revenue-wise. These days, its not just for the Billy Joel's & Eagles' of the world- it makes sense for a wide variety of bands on many different levels.
This is true. Most of the live shows I saw this year were not by bands touring behind a brand new album and I was not bothered at all by that.

But, for what it's worth, none of the tickets were this expensive, either.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not saying a band has to have a new album to tour. Not at all. But it seems if you're going to spend a chunk of time recording an album and a chunk of time touring, it makes sense to record the album first so fans will have something to buy during the tour. Isn't having new songs to perform critical to a band staying fresh?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Isn't having new songs to perform critical to a band staying fresh?
Well, yes, but since when has Fleetwood Mac ever really considered this to be important?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Well, yes, but since when has Fleetwood Mac ever really considered this to be important?
Not since before many of you were born!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-31-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Not since before many of you were born!
Hahahahahahahaha.... We'd like to do a new song, this is by Stevie Nicks it's called Landslide....
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This new 2009 'Hits' thing sounds rather horrendous, doesn't it? I mean, without Christine, and pretending they can do the hits without her.

Much as I'd love to have seen the Mac live with Christine as part of it, I am really quite glad that she stopped when she did. The majority of those remaining band members, I feel, really have lost a good deal of their stage presence: Lindsey lost his vocal range some time ago, and Stevie on the SYW tour was not particularly great. Mick, equally, I just felt sorry for when he was doing his 'drum solo'.

So, I welcome a possible new album, and thank goodness Christine knew when to quit. A very British trait, I feel

But it does rather annoy me that now they're marketing this nonsense next year as some sort of Dream Greatest Hits Tour when it cannot possibly be. And anyway, they do it every tour. As someone sagely observed here, they're in danger of becoming The Eagles: the very epitome of profit-before-ethics.

Nothing will top "The Dance" DVD, for me. I would love to see Christine back onstage and in the studio. While I still love the Mac, without her, the band chemistry has changed and become something else.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Nothing will top "The Dance" DVD, for me. I would love to see Christine back onstage and in the studio. While I still love the Mac, without her, the band chemistry has changed and become something else.
Hey demon... did you like the Mirage tour that originally aired on HBO... ? I loved that show...

Stevie leaves during Not that Funny, Christine plays an upright (Stage right) on the other side of stage... then she leaves to refill her champagne glass... Lindsey sparks up... John comes out of the dark corner to breath it in.... Mick is out of his mind the whole show... Stevie performs an exorcism on herself during Sisters of the Moon, Christine closes with Songbird....They rip away at Blue Letter with a great jam at the end.. I'm So Afraid is jammed as a Quartet, guitar, organ, bass, drums... (CM and LB) do vocals...

Now I would pay a lot of money to see that show!!!! And it would be to see all 5 of them... Not just SN or LB... all 5 of them...
Old 01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey demon... did you like the Mirage tour that originally aired on HBO... ? I loved that show...

Stevie leaves during Not that Funny, Christine plays an upright (Stage right) on the other side of stage... then she leaves to refill her champagne glass... Lindsey sparks up... John comes out of the dark corner to breath it in.... Mick is out of his mind the whole show... Stevie performs an exorcism on herself during Sisters of the Moon, Christine closes with Songbird....They rip away at Blue Letter with a great jam at the end.. I'm So Afraid is jammed as a Quartet, guitar, organ, bass, drums... (CM and LB) do vocals...

Now I would pay a lot of money to see that show!!!! And it would be to see all 5 of them... Not just SN or LB... all 5 of them...
Yes, the Mirage tour show is awesome. Not as good as the Dance, in my opinion though. The SOUND on the Dance is just better. I like the rawness of the HBO special...but that concert seems like it's edited strangely and it's missing 5 or 6 songs.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Yes, the Mirage tour show is awesome. Not as good as the Dance, in my opinion though. The SOUND on the Dance is just better. I like the rawness of the HBO special...but that concert seems like it's edited strangely and it's missing 5 or 6 songs.
It does have some funny edits... they left a lot of songs out... Hold Me, Second Hand News off the top of my head...
Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It does have some funny edits... they left a lot of songs out... Hold Me, Second Hand News off the top of my head...
Dreams, Sara, Oh Well, Never Going Back Again, Landslide, (edit: and Brown Eyes) I believe, plus the two you mentioned, were all left out versus what was played.

It's really a shame this video isn't remastered and released again on DVD with the entire concert in the correct running order. At this point I think a lot of people are pretty much hearing it from the same source (those Brazil DVD's which are just sourced from a VHS tape) which isn't really that great to begin with. Just seems to me that it would be a simple thing to do to make some quick cash for the band (ahem, Mick...).

I love the Mirage Tour but I agree, the Dance really is amazing. Listening to Go Your Own Way right now and it's just incredible what a kick ass live album that was. I can't believe it's going to be 12 years old this year. I was a senior in high school while the tour was going on and I am as much a fan of the entire Dance Album/DVD now as I was then. If only they could have perfected Little Lies during rehearsals and did that in concert - that was my very first Mac song that I just loved at 7 years old. Tango was one of the first tapes I ever owned as a kid as I just loved that song so much.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Dreams, Sara, Oh Well, Never Going Back Again, Landslide, (edit: and Brown Eyes) I believe, plus the two you mentioned, were all left out versus what was played.

It's really a shame this video isn't remastered and released again on DVD with the entire concert in the correct running order. At this point I think a lot of people are pretty much hearing it from the same source (those Brazil DVD's which are just sourced from a VHS tape) which isn't really that great to begin with. Just seems to me that it would be a simple thing to do to make some quick cash for the band (ahem, Mick...).

I love the Mirage Tour but I agree, the Dance really is amazing. Listening to Go Your Own Way right now and it's just incredible what a kick ass live album that was. I can't believe it's going to be 12 years old this year. I was a senior in high school while the tour was going on and I am as much a fan of the entire Dance Album/DVD now as I was then. If only they could have perfected Little Lies during rehearsals and did that in concert - that was my very first Mac song that I just loved at 7 years old. Tango was one of the first tapes I ever owned as a kid as I just loved that song so much.

I would have loved to have heard Little Lies on that tour. Did they try to do it in rehearsal? I seem to remember reading a Dance-era interview where Christine was asked if they were going to do it, and she said something like they couldn't make it work live.