Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bleed To Love Her

I'm still a newbie, so I apologize if this has been discussed to death.

I just need to proclaim how much I thoroughly enjoy this song and the way it is presented on Say You Will. I remember that a few years back, not long after The Dance came out and we heard that Lindsey would be using this song for his solo album, there were worries that it would be completely changed around. I was so pleasantly surprised to hear it so similar to the version on The Dance that I love so much, which is the song that ultimately sparked my interest in this band and caused me to explore a little more and then grow to love them as much as I do. There's just something about this song. Maybe the lyrics, or the guitar, or those "oh oh oh"s, or... all of it, even, that never fails to get to me. Which is why I think this is, and will probably always continue to be, my favorite Fleetwood Mac song.

Also, I love that Christine is on the harmony for the album version. Her voice on there makes me love it even more.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

It is a truly beautiful song, and that instrumental part at the end of the album version is one of the prettiest pieces of music I've ever heard.

Old 04-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Ledgie

Default Lindsey's rearrangements

Hi.
One of the things I love about Lindsey is his ability to rearrange his songs, e.g. Big Love, Go Insane. Other artists cannot or do not do that. (Elton John does it a bit by adding more complicated piano to his hits.) Lindsey is so talented in that way. I am looking forward to the tour especially to hear any new arrangements of our much loved songs!!!
But, you are right, Bleed to Love Her is incredible the way it is. I just love the variety Lindsey brings to music!!!
Chris
Old 04-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely love the harmonies on this song. To me, it sounds even better than The Dance version even though it hasn't been changed up that much. I wonder if they'll perform it on tour??

Joanne, didn't you used to come on here and post a few years back??? bucklind17 looks familiar to me for some reason. If this is you, we used to talk a lot and you sent me some tapes...my old name was StephanieNicks_98
Old 04-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I absolutely love the harmonies on this song. To me, it sounds even better than The Dance version even though it hasn't been changed up that much. I wonder if they'll perform it on tour??

Joanne, didn't you used to come on here and post a few years back??? bucklind17 looks familiar to me for some reason. If this is you, we used to talk a lot and you sent me some tapes...my old name was StephanieNicks_98
Yep, I did! I just re-registered a few weeks ago, haven't been back since the boards reopened, but the new album re-sparked my interest in all this good stuff.

And yes, I definitely enjoy this version as much as The Dance version. Just listened to it again and realized that I really like how Lindsey reverbs the lyric "takes my breath away". Love that. Such a great song!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well welcome back! I was basically a ledge lurker up until recently. I seem to only get into a posting frenzy when new material comes out from either FM or Stevie (I would say Lindsey but we know that's not happening anytime soon *sigh*).