The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Lindsey's remarks?
Pleased - Lindsey will do better (and more) than ever with this new arrangement 8 26.67%
Pleased - Prefer FM to LB solo any day 5 16.67%
Not Pleased - The FM/Stevie influence will taint what could be good solo output 3 10.00%
Not Pleased - Why not have both FM stuff and LB solo too? 9 30.00%
Other 2 6.67%
I don't believe his statements/ don't put much weight on them in this publicity frenzy 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I'm GREEDY!!! LOL

I want BOTH a FM album AND a solo album!!!!! I think Lindsey is a MASTER at the art of being solo...I mean, I think OOTC is a MASTERPIECE, but L&O and GI are ALSO GREATNESS and I see the good even in the not-as-strong songs on those albums. I do that when I'm in love with an artist, I find the good in the bad performances and the lesser songs. That is just how I am.

OMG, I would DIE to see Lindsey with Mick and John ALONE!!!! I mean, I love Stevie, but to see that POWER TRIO....SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!!!!

Heck, I'd pay good money to see Lindsey sit on a park bench playing an acoustic guitar and singin'!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Actually Christy I think if you rush over now to Mick's Chat you can stil catch the great offer they've got going - $800 to watch Mick sit on a park bench and play the bongos!
Meanwhile, they actually have a htread going about how Mick is so 'Sean Connery sexy' and gets more sexy with age! Where is the throw-up smilie??
Old 04-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*GAG*

OMG, where is a trash can!!?!!??!! I GOTTA BARF!!!!!!!

Mick, sexy?!!?! Um, how about NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:05 PM

ChiliD, I agree that that some tracks on OOTC could have used John and Mick. But overall, Lindsey was going for a toned-down rhythm section with the guitar army doing the heavy lifting. He succeeded in that regard. It worked, but I'm not sure I'd want more of the same. That's why the GOS tracks were that much more interesting. Lindsey went for more of a four-piece band sound in a lot of the tracks, and it sounded fresh.

Since I have OOTC and I love it, I'd be happy with a Lindsey-John-Mck trio. That would rock!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Stevie DID leave (in 1990) and Fleetwood Mac stayed together...what makes her think that if she left NOW anything different would happen?
I am unsure SN has ever said anything like this or thinks this.

I was just responding to Carne's comment "[i]f Stevie quits the band after this tour and Lindsey stays . . . ." I was speaking from the point of view that as long as LB is in FM, she will be in FM. I based this solely on what she has said in the past ("I will never be the one to break up FM") and on her past actions (she did not leave until after LB left and returned only when LB (and CM for that matter) returned), etc. They are, however, fairly old now. So, it is not beyond the realm of possibility for Stevie to say as CM said "I am too old and too rich" I quit!

I do agree, however, that the three guys could produce some very complex and progressive music that could be commercially viable without La Nicks. Look at the original Peacekeeper.

save the cheerleader - save the world