Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2022, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Crying In The Night performed at Bonnaroo

OMG, Hell hath frozen over!!
Old 06-20-2022, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I was quite surprised to learn right after I posted this that she did perform this on the 2016 tour but I just did not remember that! I thought for sure that hell froze over and this was a once in a lifetime moment. I can tell you that she dropped Soldier's Angel to perform this song. And in my opinion she did a really good job, vocally.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well I was quite surprised to learn right after I posted this that she did perform this on the 2016 tour but I just did not remember that! I thought for sure that hell froze over and this was a once in a lifetime moment. I can tell you that she dropped Soldier's Angel to perform this song. And in my opinion she did a really good job, vocally.
She didn't drop any songs. Wonder why she held out for Bonnaroo to do Crying in the Night.
When will Show Them the Way get its live debut?
Old 06-20-2022, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
When will Show Them the Way get its live debut?
Considering that when she released it she stated that it was every bit the equal of Stand Back and Edge of Seventeen I can't believe that she has not been performing it every show.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Considering that when she released it she stated that it was every bit the equal of Stand Back and Edge of Seventeen I can't believe that she has not been performing it every show.
She did say that! That is was "up there" with those and that I'd be dancing around my apartment to it.
Our loss at these concerts
Old 06-20-2022, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She didn't drop any songs.
That's what I read from a fan. I wasn't there.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's what I read from a fan. I wasn't there.
I would have expected her to drop it because it was a festival, but I think Bonnaroo and Glastonbury are festivals where the artists play full concerts. Perhaps Outside Lands too.

Jazz Fest was shorter.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t know if it’s 100% accurate but the setlist I read for Bonnaroo didn’t show Moonlight or Enchanted listed, nor did it mention the Wild Heart. It did say Bella Donna was played, so I suspect whoever wrote that list didn’t know TWH was mashed with BD. Soldier’s Angel was also on the list. My nephew and his wife went, so I’ll try to remember to ask if they can confirm what was played.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Isn't she pretty much doing much of her 24k Gold tour setlist? Crying in the night was performed that entire tour and was definitely the highlight. Waddy cranked it up and it was a powerhouse live.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow she drops way down to the lowest part on the "and she's looking arounnnnnddd"

And Buckingham Nicks never toured?? Didn't they do a small tour in the South? And in a really random note, Steve Martin in his memoir states he did a gig in NYC (for which non one showed up) and his opening act was none other than an unknown musical duo called Buckingham Nicks.

Was Don't Let Me Down Again the single? Is this a subtle dig that HER song was supposed to be the single and it got pushed aside for HIS song??
Old 06-22-2022, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wow she drops way down to the lowest part on the "and she's looking arounnnnnddd"
I'm glad she's doing rare material (particularly from an era in which she could write a concise, non-rambly song), but this video made me think that the endless talking before songs is to do with her feeling that she needs to compensate for not being able to sing them as well as she'd like. She wants to deliver powerful entertainment but can't show off on the guitar like Lindsey or the other musicians, so we get these hyperbolic and inspirational sermons instead. (So hyperbolic that we end up with mistruths like BN not being toured at all, as bombaysaffires notes.)

I'm just surprised that she seems to have no compunction endlessly mentioning the name Buckingham, let alone that album. I had formed the impression that she currently feels so traumatised by Lindsey and the album cover that she can't stand the sight of him and would just as soon refer to it obliquely as "a duet album from before Fleetwood Mac" or something, rather than keep saying "Buckingham" on end. Maybe there is a mellowing in progress, or maybe I misunderstood her mental state about everything.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 06-22-2022 at 11:47 PM..
Old 06-23-2022, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=bombaysaffires;1275465]wow she drops way down to the lowest part on the "and she's looking arounnnnnddd"

Yes, during that part, I wish she had faded out and let the girls sing it in its original form. I'm not a musician, so I may not understand why this isn't possible/palatable to her, but it seems like it would be easy to do and so much better.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They did tour- there's at least audio of that and the fabled last concert on the eve before joining the band. Also, I think it actually "was" a single? Cute stories of not so accurate timelines lol
Old 06-24-2022, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When did BN start doing gigs as BN? 1974?
Old 06-24-2022, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When did BN start doing gigs as BN? 1974?
If you check the Q&A files on the Penguin for Hoppy Hodges and Tom Moncrieff, they probably have a lot more specific info. The Setlist Wiki has some dates listed from October 1973 through January 1975.

I’ve been hearing that Stevie is doing a lot of onstage running and flailing on her current tour.

Onstage running and flailing

moviekinks.blogspot.com