Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bad timing?

I belive the single "Peacekeeper" was released March 4th. I have been tuning into radio to hear it on air for several weeks. As of yet, I have not heard it. Not even on adult comtempory stations. Is it still early or is there hesitation for radio to play a song called Peacekeeper at this time (even though the song isn't about any current state of affairs). Any thoughts?
Old 03-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

I've been begging my local radio station out of Atlantic City to play it. I'm not getting anyway. No, it's not to early to ask to get it on the air. Other people have heard it out there. Why won't some stations play it?

Lee
Old 03-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually didn't think it would get played in my area but I have been surprised to hear it three or four times just by chance and I don't even listen to the radio that much.

According to several postings on the Ledge it's getting moderate and even fairly heavy air play in some markets and very little to none in others.

Who knows? It's all a mystery to me.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's in heavy rotation on WXRT 93.1 in Chicago.

I hear it at least twice a day if I'm listening to XRT in the morning and during drive time. And I'm sure they play it at least once in the afternoon.

XRT's not your average station (ie- they play .good. stuff. really good stuff.) but it's exciting to hear it so much. I think the reception for the single at radio is GREAT- and surprising. I don't listen to any other stations here in Chicago, so I don't know about any other stations that might be picking it up.

I was laughing because some people are complaining because Peacekeeper only debuted in the 90's on the charts. ONLY?? Peacekeeper's on the charts based on airplay alone. If it continues to rise, that's EXCELLENT news for the band- even if it doesn't push up past the 50s, or into the top 40- that's still great for a band like Fleetwood Mac.

I think the single's doing really well. It may not have been picked up yet by the majority of markets in the country, but it's getting airplay (and a decent amount of it) in the majors.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe one station here has put it on Medium rotation, but no one else will touch it.

I called a friend who works at a different station than me.. a format that FM would fit, and he said they "just wont play fleetwood mac."

Unfortunate.. old name overshadowing new sound.

Sarah
Old 03-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Don't feel so bad. I don't think it has been played in this area. I've tried tuning in to top 40 stations, but the formats here are so mixed on the type of music that they play. They played Little Lies and Hold Me just the other day. You'd think that Peacekeeper would fit right in with these songs, but I guess not.

Besides, I'm having trouble listening to these mixed pop stations. I normally listen to classic rock. It's difficult for me to have to sit through Enrique & Eminem just so that I can hear the new FM single. I should be more patient...I guess.

Oh geesh...now they're playing All That Jazz. That's it! I'm turning it off.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up I've heard it...

FOUR times on my local adult soft rock radio station. 103.7 KVIL in Dallas.

I don't listen to the radio much, so I am ALWAYS shocked to hear PK on the radio...I crank the volume up and JAM OUT!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in NYC and I guess a few stations have played it like 95.5 and 104.3, but everytime I am in my car, all I do is surf to hear the darn song, and I have YET to hear it. It is very frustrating!!

kristin
Old 03-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live just outside of Philadelphia and I've heard that 102.9 WMGK has played it a few times. They're VERY big on Fleetwood Mac. In fact, they had a McFleetwood Mac weekend before tickets went on sale and we're giving away pairs and a chance to see the band in CA in an intimate dress rehearsal before they went on tour. You had to listen for the drunk happy leprechaun falling off his barstool in order to win. I listened. I called. I didn't win. Story of my life!!! LOL. Currently, they're doing a star guitar giveaway and it's signed by all the members of Fleetwood Mac. Anyway, i'm sure they'll play it a lot as the albums release gets closer.

~Marissa
Old 03-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

~~~I'm thrilled to report that at least three FM stations in Boston - 92.9, Mix 98.5 and 100.7 are playing Peacekeeper. I heard it twice today within 30 minutes.~~~
"These days Lindsey deals with me on a much kinder level. And I'm more willing to be open with him. It's nice to think that I might go to my grave being Lindsey's friend and not a thorn in his side for all eternity."
~~~Stevie Nicks - August, 1997~~~
Old 03-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

golddust, thanks for the info on boston radio. time to switch my radio from kiss 108 to one of those stations. does one of those three play peacekeeper more than the other two?
Old 03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

~~~misterbug, not sure about the answer to your question. But if I had to guess I'd say 92.9 WBOS. Happy listening~~~
"These days Lindsey deals with me on a much kinder level. And I'm more willing to be open with him. It's nice to think that I might go to my grave being Lindsey's friend and not a thorn in his side for all eternity."
~~~Stevie Nicks - August, 1997~~~
Old 04-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah
I believe one station here has put it on Medium rotation, but no one else will touch it.

I called a friend who works at a different station than me.. a format that FM would fit, and he said they "just wont play fleetwood mac."

Unfortunate.. old name overshadowing new sound.

Sarah
lol somehow sarah... i knew exactly what your new avatar meant the very first time i saw it... lol.... you are so funny... don't change.