Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
If Chris is so sure, why isn't Stevie?
Or Mick? If they all had the same time line they would be believable...

Mick said tour in the fall of 2017 CM now says summer 2017 Stevie says no FM for another 1-1/2 to 2 years so that's summer or fall of 2018...Which is it?
Old 09-20-2016, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

One snippet that was interesting was about being under contract to do another record so they "had" to record Mirage. That explains why Stevie had only a mini tour and her album was still charting when she had to return to the Mac. The timing was always odd to me. I have read both of Mick's book and that part was never mentioned.
In a Todd Sharpe interview earlier this year, he said that Christine was under contract to record a solo album. She confided in him that she did not want to do it. So Chris asked Todd to write and be a partner in it and help establish her solo band.

Little details mean a lot. The Mac was probably under contract to do one more album before 1983 or something. After the Tusk tour, they had a one year break before getting back to the studio. Warner Brothers also had Christine under contract to get a solo album out after the Mac contract expired.

It all makes perfect sense now. It seemed strange the band did not give Stevie the time to enjoy her successful solo album. But Stevie knew the time frame and did all she could during the break and was in France as required under the contract. Loyalty to the band, yes. But also obligated to do it. That part is never mentioned

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-20-2016 at 01:54 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Or Mick? If they all had the same time line they would be believable...

Mick said tour in the fall of 2017 CM now says summer 2017 Stevie says no FM for another 1-1/2 to 2 years so that's summer or fall of 2018...Which is it?
Stevie doesn't know. She wears boots all summer long and gets her seasons mixed up.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some great stuff here. I'm so hopeful the material is going to be great- no filler (as if there is ever filler from Christine).
I'm still not convinced Stevie is singing from the same hymn sheet though.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Some great stuff here. I'm so hopeful the material is going to be great- no filler (as if there is ever filler from Christine).
I'm still not convinced Stevie is singing from the same hymn sheet though.
Exactly, but she's not going to throw her under the bus because she's got something very fleeting for Stephanie. Class.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to believe Christine's timeline is THE timeline, but she's already been wrong. Early last year she said the band would convene in the spring to work on the album. Well, THAT didn't happen.

I am pleased to see Christine is going out to continue working on the nine songs in October. At the very least, her continued work means the material will be released in some form eventually.

Glad she's aware that death is a concern of the fans. And that this project should be driven by factors not considered fifteen or twenty years ago.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Registered

she mentioned Bella Donna maybe that will make stevie happy
Old 09-20-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
That was hilarious!!
Old 09-20-2016, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Yeah--it's that album Christine listened to once 32 years ago.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Christine and her positive energy. I feel Stevie will come in and record with them within the next year or so. A 4th quarter/holiday release in late 2017 would be awesome.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If I have to be really truthful, it’s not catalogued as my favourite
Dying... This is an interview to promote the album and she's just being honest about it.

I love Christine's diplomacy... I think the interviewer was trying to get some salacious drama out of her a la Lindsey/Mick/Stevie and she just tells it how it is. I'm glad she was chill about Stevie in particular. I remember in Stevie's Rolling Stone cover interview a few years ago Christine was the only FM member who agreed to be interviewed. And calling Stevie her sister is so cute!

Christine makes me SO excited for next year!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

Whether or not anything comes of it, it does my heart good to hear Christine still pushing forward with optimism and determination for new music. Lindsey hasn't said anything about it in the press in some time, Mick has shifted into a noncommittal mode (no doubt in order to keep from angering Stevie), John has never said a word about the new album, and we all know Stevie is teflon on the subject. I tend to think that when Chris puts her foot down about something, it gets done. So I can safely report my despair has turned into dim hope once again.

And I have to say, Christine's way of incapacitating drama while simultaneously doling out piercing honesty and icing it with self-depreciating humor is incredibly deft. Calling the woman a class act is almost an insulting one-dimensional understatement. What a refreshing interview.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Whether or not anything comes of it, it does my heart good to hear Christine still pushing forward with optimism and determination for new music. Lindsey hasn't said anything about it in the press in some time, Mick has shifted into a noncommittal mode (no doubt in order to keep from angering Stevie), John has never said a word about the new album, and we all know Stevie is teflon on the subject. I tend to think that when Chris puts her foot down about something, it gets done. So I can safely report my despair has turned into dim hope once again.

And I have to say, Christine's way of incapacitating drama while simultaneously doling out piercing honesty and icing it with self-depreciating humor is incredibly deft. Calling the woman a class act is almost an insulting one-dimensional understatement. What a refreshing interview.
Haha! I've insulted her.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Why is this so good? Why do I love her to death? Her tone is so different from Stevie's. I can see why she was so quietly successful with her hits and music. She's authentic. Never forces anything and her art comes from her soul/heart and not her head. Very honest non-pretentious interview. Boy, we needed that.

Plus, she says table tennis vs. ping pong!!
Totally different tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I love Christine and her positive energy
Yeah I liked that too.

I do wish somewhat that she would sell this album more though. Mirage is great!
Old 09-21-2016, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

You are 100% correct and more.
Christine is a pure inspiration. I love her love for her music, creating new music, and wanting to get back on the road. Consider this at her age and where she came from. 10 years ago she was in an isolated farm house refusing to even listen to a FM song, telling herself she was not worthy. Pardon the expression but she really came out of the darkness. I love her new love and zest for life and music. Its hard to overcome depression and the older you get its harder to overcome anything. She is the most amazing person in the world. Her voice, her singing, and her songs have always had a calming effect over me. I would love to see a Mac show where she sings every song