Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

rhiannondontgo, great review. Thank you

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In case anyone is wondering when the show starts, well, it starts when Elle has finished knocking everyone over, including the security guard, to get to her place of worship in front of Lindsey.

The video shown on screen during Gypsy(?) was the Annabel Lee footage (children on the beach) from the In Your Dreams docu.

Lindsey looked very appreciative that his cult turned out for the show. He did a lot of talking; Stevie, not so much.

Silver Spring, my favourite FM song, is too slow, and perhaps lacks the intensity of the definitive version from The Dance DVD.

The beer runs and exodus to the bathrooms during Not That Funny and the new songs was really annoying. Perhaps FM should only play on school nights. Beers were $10-at least you got a straw.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great show!!

Someone next to me said Stevie was crying at the end of one of the songs. For the freaking life of me, I can't remember which one. (As luck would have it again, I was ridiculously sick for this show. Haven't been this sick since I had to miss Stevie at the Borgata a few years ago and give up my 3rd row seats!)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Great show!!

Someone next to me said Stevie was crying at the end of one of the songs. For the freaking life of me, I can't remember which one. (As luck would have it again, I was ridiculously sick for this show. Haven't been this sick since I had to miss Stevie at the Borgata a few years ago and give up my 3rd row seats!)
You're probably highly allergic to the stale setlist.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
In case anyone is wondering when the show starts, well, it starts when Elle has finished knocking everyone over, including the security guard, to get to her place of worship in front of Lindsey.
I have this vision of a 4'11" girl flying over cannon, singing to her soul, that people in the front row turn the music into gold.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great show! I'll write more later...but it was awesome to see them again. Stevie and Lindsey were extra lovely dovey tonight. The new songs were really nice to hear.

SOTM was awesome! I was worried about this one - but at the end "so we make our choices...." Stevie crouched down with the mic and got so into it! I could see the intensity on her face and it was that same intensity that we've seen from 1982. It was awesome and I was not disappointed at all.

Lindsey also said, when introducing the fact that they've been working on new songs, that an EP was going to drop "in a few days."

Last edited by nailatixela; 04-07-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few thoughts on last night's show: It was a solid show. A few highlights for me:

Sisters - even better than I thought it would be. Stevie said, again, that the last time they did it was the late 70's. I wanted to scream out it was 1982. The delivery may be different but the intensity of this song has not changed

Not That Funny - loved that it was back in the set but missed the solo in the middle.

Gypsy - sounded much better that it has on previous tours

Without You - first time hearing this. Beautiful

Sad Angel - very nice.

Eyes of the World - YES!!!

Despite Stevie's claims of this tour being very different from previous outings, the setlist was routine and uninspired. Except for the few new additons, everything else was in the same spot and played the same, for the most part. No songs had an intro, in particular GDW and Rhiannon, which I kinda missed. I would love to see Stand Back and Big Love go bye bye in place of something fresher but they're crowd pleasers so I guess they gotta include them. Would love to have seen some more costume changes from Stevie but I guess it's just too much work for her

Looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow in NY!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Someone next to me said Stevie was crying at the end of one of the songs
And Lindsey wiped his eyes with his hands after their little "moment" during Landslide. Don't know if it was like sarcasm or if he was welling up or something. Everybody near me was like "Aww he's crying!". But Lindsey doesn't seem like the type to randomly cry over a song that they've been doing constantly for 37 years, yknow.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What was going on at the end of Stand Back? Looks like she walked away from the mic? All the videos chop it off at the end.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
What was going on at the end of Stand Back? Looks like she walked away from the mic? All the videos chop it off at the end.
Just my perspective - I think Stevie forgot the song wasn't over. You know how they do that false ending? It started in 2009. Stevie kinda walked away before it, and it looked like she was like "oh!" and sort of hurried back to the mic to finish the song.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Just my perspective - I think Stevie forgot the song wasn't over. You know how they do that false ending? It started in 2009. Stevie kinda walked away before it, and it looked like she was like "oh!" and sort of hurried back to the mic to finish the song.
Yeah I just read on Facebook that Sharon saved it by saying "3,4" and Stevie threw her hands in the air and shook her head at herself at the end, realizing she forgot it.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Amaaaazing Night!

I AM FLOATING!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on such a huge high...yes I think I just HAVE to go to NYC tomorrow and see FM again at MSG...

My boyfriend and I got there early, on a beautiful early evening where we saw people tailgating and blasting FM from their cars, beers in hand. One person who parked next to me, almost hit my car as she was pulling in, and I honked at them like "what are you doin?" But then realized I jumped the gun because they weren't as close to my car as i thought..i was so nervous about the show, like a good nervous, that I was not myself, so i rolled the window down and said "I'm sorry, i have pre-concert anxiety!" which they thought was funny and seemed to get it. We chatted a little bit and they ended up sitting a few rows right in front of me....nice people.

After a bite and a beer inside, we were ready to take our seats....

Before sitting down, I had to find some Ledgies. Of course I knew where to look--the front of the stage. I saw Elle, Lindsfan, and 2 other girls (hi guys!) and security kept asking everyone to leave. I heard my name and looked up at the start of the riser section, and there was Eugene! It was so great feeling the love and being able to meet fans and exchange hugs. I tried to explain to my man how awesome it all is, but he doesn't quite get it. He could never imagine being on a fan site and meeting like-minded people and feeling so comfortable with everybody despite not knowing too much of each other. It's kind of a neat feeling though, right?

At roughly 20 after 8, the show began. I am so happy nothing got cut. I played Without You in my car on the way to get ready and let my b/f hear it. Thank God that one, and SOTM and Sad Angel all made it another night.

Stevie announced to Phila that we were indeed their second stop on the tour, and again at the end Mick mentioned they had a lot more after us and thanked us for being so welcoming.

I LOVED all the interaction between Stevie and Lindsey. Even my b/f could see WHY the fans get the way we get over them. They are so open about their reasons for writing songs now and the way they used to feel back then, and how they feel now. People eat that sh** up!

One thing occured to me. All those hits, the ones we wish they would drop in place of deeper cuts, are so beloved by the general public, that there is just NO way they can do that. I mean I stopped and looked all around the venue and saw mouths moving to all the well-known songs....and if they took those away in place of the ones the FANS really want, well, they'd have about 90% of the place at a loss for what they are hearing. So, the reality is, they need to keep those overplayed songs. The crowd CAME THERE for those, and they get to stand and dance around and have the good time they wanted.

I loved Not That Funny. No one around me knew it. A lot of people didn't seem to know Eyes of The World either. I LOVE EOTW!

I was hoarse by the show's end. I jumped and danced and screamed the entire time. I kept hitting the poor guy next to me because i was a crazy girl in motion. Now, mind you i had 12th row, Lindsey's side. Everyone stood for almost the whole time. But this guy behind us wanted us all to sit. ha. The guy next to me was like "sorry dude, no one wants to, looks like you're gonna have to stand tonight". Thank God, because there is NO way i can sit. i do feel bad though, because i am a 5'10" tall chick.

I hope my recording came out, but i fear you will hear me screaming to Lindsey "SEXXXY!" a few times, which had the row in front of me turning and laughing. Worse yet I hope my man's teasing comments didn't make the recording!

Hey, did anyone notice that the when they did "Without You", that it almost sounded like the production, or the sound of the song, sounded almost like it was back in the 70s...something changed from the sound to the rest of the songs, can't explain what i mean, but it sounded older, and less polished in quality. It was interesting...

Many already described the songs and the interactions.

Oh...I think the people around me thought the Stevie lookalike was a young real Stevie from the 80s during Stand Back. They pointed and kind of expressed shock.

I'll probably remember more random thoughts...

Another friend of mine, from life, not the Ledge, LOL, was seated 3 rows in front of me, and after the show we all got together, and the Ledgies I mentioned above, and discussed where we could all gather together. In the end we had a drink and a chat in the Cure Lounge in the venue, until they kicked us out. But it was great chatting with everybody and disecting the show and our thoughts. Nothing like like-minded people all together on the high of a show like this. Wish I could have met more of you.

And Steviegirl: I am so happy you scored those Floor 2, row 19 seats! I had heard they were available! I hope you and your sister had a great night, well worth it!

One more thing, when my alarm went off this morning, The Chain LITERALLY just began as it went off, and I thought it was quite fitting, haha.

GREAT NIGHT! Now...what is next....hmmmm
Old 04-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Well, I wanted to go to this show, but couldn't get tickets to where I wanted & then hubby said that he didn't want to go to see them anyway. So having said that, I've watched two videos, because I'm pressed for time today. I don't feel like a missed much. I do like Sad Angel & when Lindsey said that there would be an EP released of new songs, that made my day. I'd rather see a whole album , but I'll take anything @ this point. I watched Sisters of the Moon, a fav of mine, but it sounded flat to me. I may be wrong, but I like the studio version better. Questions on the show:

1. A sell-out? FM website said yes, I'm thinking not.
2. Did the VA Beach people get in & see the show?
3. How long did the show last?
4. Security tight or not so much?
5. And the big question, did Elle get to strum Lindsey's guitar?

Lee
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hey Lee, i wondered if you were there.

To answer:
I do not think it was sold out, because they were still selling tix at the B.O. and if you called thru the day. Also i am sure there had to be some empty seats at the show, but it looked full.

My recorder said the show was about 2 hours and 23 minutes (i think)

The VA girls did get 19th row!

Oh and its funny, when listening back to the Philly show from 2009, a lot of the songs sound flat or unenergetic, but when you are THERE seeing it, it doesn't come off that way because of their faces and Lindsey's antic, and the energy at the venue. It will never sound the same when played back I guess. When you are there, you don't notice really if it sounds a bit off or whatever...at least I didn't. I'm too into it i guess.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What happened during Stand Back? If I'm not mistaken--the band stopped too early. I don't think it was Stevie's flub. For a full few seconds, I think they just stopped and then picked up and she finished.

OK-my review (take a seat...this may be long and somewhat preachy...what else is new?):
Background (quickly)...I got to Philly early, decided to take a walk and walked for a very long time in a direction that was the opposite of the one I thought I was taking. Then, I had to walk back. Went to a mall. Then went shopping in the right direction. My feet/legs/knees were killing me. Add a HIDEOUS mistake in the subway station I chose, which led me to an underground tunnel (I'm claustraphobic and tunnels are WAY up there on my s**t list) where I was walking and walking and walking...and never seeing light, or people, or trains, for like 5 minutes (which is mighty long when you start imagining your dead body being found by some poor soul in a few days, weeks...years...) and there was my general mood by the time I hit the venue.

However, things looked up. The Meet and Greet was very organized. I didn't really get to speak with anyone much but people seemed friendly an Mick was very personable and funny. He said he was NOT writing a new autobiography (someone asked) and talked about the origins of the balls he wears, how he got into the biz, and how he had to train himself not to be the boss when it comes to pushing around Stevie (okay--it was a bit more general but he did mention her by name) and pushing for tour dates.

We went up on stage (steep steps) and took a quick picture, then he signed one item for each of the 40 of us there and he went off to get dressed. I still had over an hour to kill. More walking...oy.

I had second row seats and knew I could go up to the stage. But, I've been there many, many times and I was just in a lot of pain (I have knee issues) and thought--I better not. So, I stayed at my seat. Even thought I stood the entire time. Staying by my seat was kind of a mistake. Because I almost immediately realized the advantage of being at the stage (aside from the obvious)...you don't really give a crap about what's going on behind you, when you are up there. And, this is where it got ugly (in my section). The people at the stage were not the problem. Some people, in the aisle, were. First, there was a load of really drunk people. REALLY drunk. And, during Sara ...which I immediately was thrilled over because it really sounded beautiful and I was not distracted by that doofy red thing Stevie was wearing with that awful updo from last time she did it...a ruckus started. Two women, in the aisle, started pointing in my direction (but not at me--I think at the guy next to me) asking security to check HIS ticket because they were sure he didn't belong there. I guess these women had been trouble before because he told them to pull out their tickets. They were both from the 8th row, and he wanted them back in their seats. They refused. Out comes another security guard. Still, they refused. Went off to get a third. Now, a guy comes and threatens to deck one of the women. Three security guards and I've almost totally missed Sara and we're half-way through Big Love. One woman leaves quietly. The second one shoves security and she is now surrounded and moved out. But, two girls (the women who left were not young) are leaving behind them and someone said that one of the women hit one of these girls. One was crying.

I mean, really. But, as much as I blame the drunks--I really do think they need a policy about this free for all rush to the stage. It's getting out of hand. Or, at least, it did over at this venue.

So...I'm not going through each song. I've had exactly 3 1/2 hours sleep. But, I do not find the setlist uninspired. I like it. I thought it was quick running and there was an energy there that I really liked.

I did not listen to Sad Angel before the show. I really enjoyed it. I think it would be great on today's radio. I had read Michelle's review and thought...where is Lindsey's uncomfortable guitar solo...and then, I KNEW. Man, that thing needs to be cut in half. But the song is great. I overheard someone saying he's "extremely talented but one sick son of a B*****" and then qualified that by saying he meant it in a "good way." Oh...kay.

Sara, from what little I heard of it, sounded amazing.

Tusk...I don't know what's wrong with me, but when I looked at the screen I thought...what is that bloody uterus doing up there? Until I realized it was the marching band. Must be a Rorschack test result in there somewhere.

Sisters of the Moon--I was also laughing about the 70s thing. I guess she forgot about Mirage. There is a huge difference between what she did then and what she can do now. But, I liked it. I'm just not used to it since that Mirage thing was a virtual exorcism.

Not that Funny...I hate this song, normally. I mean, DESPISE. But, I kind of liked it last night. I'm glad he scrapped the sex sounds and just did it more matter of factly and less visciously. It was okay.

Gypsy was pretty. Stevie got a huge roar from the audience when she twirled.

Lindsey was, indeed, playing with the audience a lot. He may kvetch about the Big Machine but he seems to be having a blast out there.

Without You sounded better than the video I heard from opening night. It's very odd because I love, love, love the demo. But, they had very young, innocent voices in the demo. And it's odd to hear it with the older, less innocent voices. But, it was still nice. Just different. Stevie was almost gleeful when she said it was now her time to talk. And when she announced that they all heard this on youtube. It was like she discovered America or something.

I find it funny when Lindsey now talks about axioms and running things into the ground when he uses the same phrase for the past 30 years.

Uh...what else. The Stevie-Lindsey show was cute without being at all nauseating. She finished one song (forget which) by just balling up her hand in a fist and kind of touching his heart area. He smiled. Oh--maybe it was the end of Sara? I don't know. I did notice this during the altercations--"I'd go anywhere...anywhere...ask me and I will be there," got a big old smile from Lindsey. It was sweet.

Never Going Back Again--Lindsey thanked the crowd and mouthed "thank you" to Stevie. Not sure why since it wasn't a huge amount of stuff she did on there but...whatever. Good manners should always be acknowledged;-)

Silver Springs was great. Not as violent as the Dance, but still...wonderful.

And, Say Goodbye...anyone who knows me knows I'm a nearly pathologically possessive fan of this song. And, have had bad luck 99% of the time, seeing it live. Something always happens. ONE time I got to see it absolutely uninterrupted, at the stage and it was beautiful (and I saw a whole mess of SYW concerts...kept me in debt for years). Yesterday's version? Beautiful...except the security guard and a guy started up a conversation and talked through the WHOLE thing.
Why me?

Anyway, that was my take on the whole thing.
On a personal note, I have decided to retire from my solo FM-concerts unless it's MSG (which I hate) or Atlantic City. It's just...I'm getting too old for transportation issues and all that jazz. And, next time I get the opportunity to go up stage, no matter how much my knees hurt...I'm going and avoiding the high drama that the drunken audience provides.

Oh-one more thing--before Say Goodbye...Stevie said something and moved her mic. Then Lindsey said something (I simply couldn't make it out with blabbermouth guard right next to me)...and then Stevie said, "no, it's important to ME." And then he went into the speech about it was the nicest thing he ever wrote for her...

Oh, one more, one more thing. It was worth every penny. And, possibly the trek through the tunnel. I'm a little iffy over that one.

Over and out.