The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

AbbiJoy78 & Regina, I enjoyed reading your reviews. For some reason, audience banter has never annoyed or distracted me. I find people very entertaining.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm watching the concert through the videos that Spy Note posted and so far I hear Lindsey getting more loving from the crowd than Stevie. They roared for him after Big Love and during and after Never Going Back Again.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
And Lindsey wiped his eyes with his hands after their little "moment" during Landslide. Don't know if it was like sarcasm or if he was welling up or something. Everybody near me was like "Aww he's crying!". But Lindsey doesn't seem like the type to randomly cry over a song that they've been doing constantly for 37 years, yknow.
I think it's just sweat. But the timing of him wiping his face does convey emotion.

LOL at you pointing out he's been doing it for 37 years. Oh my goodness.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

I didn't think the set list was bad at all - just not sure why Stand Back is in there. Just seems so out of place.

On another note, the freaking MOTHS flying around were annoying as hell! Why the heck are there even moths in that place, LOL!!??!! Maybe they were just gravitating to me since I was sick!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, Regina.

I hate people in general. Drunk or not. They make attending any public event unbearable.

Oh, I'm intrigued about Stevie saying, "no, it's important to me." I want to KNOW!

One time I heard them have a Say Goodbye discussion -- it was at the Philly show too -- but it was near the end of the tour, not at the beginning like now. Lindsey said that Stevie didn't like what he'd been saying about the song and about her the last few nights and she said, "No, it's your song. Say what you want." And that's the night when he said, "it's been too many years. Or maybe not enough." And I was: swoon.

Since Say Goodbye is such a quiet song, I can see why the people deciding to have a conversation near you was a distraction. If it had happened during GYOW it would have been totally different.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
I didn't think the set list was bad at all - just not sure why Stand Back is in there. Just seems so out of place.

On another note, the freaking MOTHS flying around were annoying as hell! Why the heck are there even moths in that place, LOL!!??!! Maybe they were just gravitating to me since I was sick!
Oh my goodness. Moths. I would have had a huge problem with that. I can take one moth, but I think having many of them around would have unsettled me.

I just think Stand Back is a great dance number and I like it. It's her GYOW. While I appreciate SOTM being a rocker and I love having it, it's not like Sisters makes you want to DANCE. For me, Stand Back does. So, I would sorely miss it if it left.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
In case anyone is wondering when the show starts, well, it starts when Elle has finished knocking everyone over, including the security guard, to get to her place of worship in front of Lindsey.
I would love to get Elle's first impressions of Sad Angel. When you stop traveling Elle, be sure to post what you thought of the new song that first night.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Philadelphia Inquirer
http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...twood_Mac.html

Steve Klinge, FOR THE INQUIRER

Posted: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 2:27 PM

Instability is a constant in Fleetwood Mac. Since its inception in 1967, drummer Mick Fleetwood has been the only permanent member, although bassist John McVie joined almost immediately thereafter. And the band's classic late '70s lineup, with Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, reached its creative peak when its interpersonal relationships were at their most tumultuous.

"It's different every time. That's the way it is with this band: it's always a work in progress," Buckingham said during Saturday's sold-out show at the Wells Fargo Center, the second night of the band's first tour in more than three years. The 23-song, 2-and-a-half hour set favored the hits, including most of 1977's Rumours, while adding some surprises.

In the absence of Christine McVie, who left in 1998, the core quartet added two backing vocalists and two utility musicians. The band, however, was at its best when at its most elemental, and Buckingham was the central force with his aggressive, impressive guitar playing and his unrestrained, often manic energy.

That energy anchored punchy pop songs, such as "Second Hand News," "Go Your Own Way" and the new "Sad Angel," as well as earnest acoustic songs, such as "Never Going Back Again," "Without You" and "Big Love" (from 1987's Tango in the Night). He's an underrated guitar hero, and the lengthy solo that concluded "I'm So Afraid" found the youthful 63-year-old feigning exhaustion.

Nicks, 64, was less dramatic and mobile, and her voice took a while to warm up. Although she shifted the melodies of "Dreams" and "Rhiannon" to avoid the high notes, the rarely performed "Sisters of the Moon" was eerie and powerful and the inescapable "Landslide," accompanied only by Buckingham on acoustic guitar, was lovely and sincere.

After an encore that featured a drum solo from Fleetwood, joyous and indefatigable at age 70, Buckingham and Nicks returned to the stage hand-in-hand. Buckingham introduced "Say Goodbye" by saying, "It's about closure, as much of the dialogue between us seems to be."

That closure is still a work in process: the band has a new EP on the way.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...#ixzz2PoHx4IxB
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night was fabulous! I love reading everyone's posts about the evening because I swear I get some sort of amnesia, just too excited I guess What I do recall, Sara sounds fantastic! Was it just me, or did she reach quite a few high notes last night? And not just with Sara! Their harmonies on Sara were gorgeous. I love loved loved Without You. I was a bit worried it couldn't match up to the demo, but it was lovely. I'm so glad they didn't change the set list yet! The security was pretty good for the most part, except this couple decided a drunken dance in the aisle during the encores was a great idea... Unfortunately, what bugged me more was a woman who was obviously drunk or something standing in front of me during Say Goodbye... she was bopping and weaving like Stand Back was still playing I didn't want these interruptions to disrupt my experience, but it was mighty hard. Apart from a few drunken fools (I really wish there was a drink limit), unfortunately unavoidable for any concert, it was a great night
Old 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would love to get Elle's first impressions of Sad Angel. When you stop traveling Elle, be sure to post what you thought of the new song that first night.

Michele
hi Michele!

so my impressions of Sad Angel - from hearing it in Columbus, followed by listening to it in all the vids, and then seeing it again in Philly:
  • omg it's rocking and fast, that's great!
  • it's extremely poppy
  • hmm... whoever said something like "run what works into the ground..."?
  • it's extremely poppy
  • the whole friday everybody everywhere kept saying they can't get this song out of their heads
  • nice short typical linds guitar solos, always a good thing!
  • lindsey hopping is always a good thing
  • fun song... very very very purely poppy
  • extremely fun in concert

i guess as fleetwood mac-y as it can be - whatever that means these days and whatever rocks your boat (... while after Tusk other [perhaps more interesting] stuff has been reserved for solo). i like it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele--I was at that concert in Philly(Camden), too. At the stage for that one. No leg pain to cause me to be sensible (ha!).
Amazing stuff. And, I think Lindsey WAS really and truly emotional during that one. I have a transcript of that moment somewhere;-)
People can be a total drag. It's amazing to me, how you spend so much money to talk, get drunk, get in fights...do just about anything but actually listen to the music.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
[*]it's extremely poppy
Thanks for your impressions, Elle. I just wondered because I had been badmouthing it beforehand and laughing with you on The Ledge and then I felt that I was wrong and I wondered if you felt that way too.

C'mon. As far as being poppy goes, this song is no Did You Miss Me -- not that there's anything wrong with that! I mean, not that I don't like Did You Miss Me. I do. But it's way commercial and I don't think Lindsey liked it so much. But Sad Angel doesn't seem anything to be ashamed of. I think it fulfills certain esoteric needs.

Plus, even if the chorus is hooky, at least they are unique words in the refrain and not: "Brothers and sister, yeah. Brother and sister, ooo ooo. Brother and sister, I love you dooley doo." You know what I mean?

I mean, I feel kind of silly singing, "Hello, hello sad angel" as I walk around, but I feel weird because the words are rather odd, not because it sounds like Neil Sedaka.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thanks for your impressions, Elle. I just wondered because I had been badmouthing it beforehand and laughing with you on The Ledge and then I felt that I was wrong and I wondered if you felt that way too.

C'mon. As far as being poppy goes, this song is no Did You Miss Me -- not that there's anything wrong with that! I mean, not that I don't like Did You Miss Me. I do. But it's way commercial and I don't think Lindsey liked it so much. But Sad Angel doesn't seem anything to be ashamed of. I think it fulfills certain esoteric needs.

Plus, even if the chorus is hooky, at least they are unique words in the refrain and not: "Brothers and sister, yeah. Brother and sister, ooo ooo. Brother and sister, I love you dooley doo." You know what I mean?

I mean, I feel kind of silly singing, "Hello, hello sad angel" as I walk around, but I feel weird because the words are rather odd, not because it sounds like Neil Sedaka.

Michele
yeah i hear you. i do like it. it's extremely catchy but words are not crap, we know exactly what they mean. and it's completely opposite of his This is 40 songs (although i enjoy those, they feel kinda like talking to him).

and yeah when you put it that way - light years ahead of Did You Miss Me !!!!! i cannot stand Did You Miss Me (for which is hard to tell which is cheesier - words or music), it's one of those songs i skip almost every single time. i love listening to Sad Angel and loved singing it with him / them during the second show (considering we've all been listening to it in our own recordings and on youtube for almost 2 days by then).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We DID get in and had seats in the 19th row of Section 2! We were elated! Thank you to those who were kind enough to answer some of our questions! I am a devoted fan of many years, and I attend pretty much every FM and Stevie show that comes to either VB, Norfolk, DC, or AC. This was our first time in Philadelphia, and we have fallen hopelessly in love with that city and its people! Everyone we met was lovely.

There isn't a lot to add to the wonderful reviews that have already been posted. I, too, was thinking about missing the tour when I saw the setlist and heard some of the videos from Columbus. I'm so glad I changed my mind. Last. Night. Was. Magical. Lindsey was on fire, and Stevie was in great voice and looked beautiful. Mick and John were incredible. We had so much fun!

There were many things that I expected to dislike. I, like many others, believe that FM should always open the show with "The Chain," but last night, there was so much energy at the show that, at least for me, EVERYTHING worked. As a long-time fan, I've come to dread "Landslide" a little; nevertheless, I was swept up (yet again) by its beauty. (I had jokingly said to my sister that I would go to the restroom as soon as I heard its first note, but, alas, I was on my feet swaying and singing with the rest of the crowd.

I have a feeling about "Sad Angel." I FLOVE this song, and I was thinking of how amazing it would be if, maybe, "Sad Angel" could become a huge hit the way "Silver Springs" did after The Dance Tour. I would love for that to happen.

Anyway, thank you all again for your help and good wishes, and, if you're hesitant about going, please please don't be misled by the setlist and the videos, (which I absolutely LOVE seeing(!) but as we all know, don't always have the best sound quality. This band, our band, is on the road. They sound killer, and we need to get out there and support them. OH! My sis, (who has been to many SN shows with me but hasn't seen FM in a very long time, said, "Wow! That boy is amazing and is seriously putting in work!" about Lindsey. He was so good, I will make a point to see him the next time he goes out solo. Please don't miss this beautiful, beautiful show. I promise you that the videos are not doing it justice.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
In case anyone is wondering when the show starts, well, it starts when Elle has finished knocking everyone over, including the security guard, to get to her place of worship in front of Lindsey.
lol Eugene - hey, that guard said he'll let us go as soon as the lights go down and then he tried to stop me (lol) to go to the stage. unacceptable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
My sis, (who has been to many SN shows with me but hasn't seen FM in a very long time, said, "Wow! That boy is amazing and is seriously putting in work!" about Lindsey. He was so
good, I will make a point to see him the next time he goes out solo.
Please don't miss this beautiful, beautiful show. I promise you that the videos are not doing it justice.
yup, Lindsey was just as good and just as much into it and working it as at his solo shows (except at Mac shows he cannot play as much / redirect the show off the audience... but then again he has much more time to interact off the mic when it's not all just hinging on him like at the solo shows). and that's why these people (you know, "his cult!' lol) have been following him around the globe:

Quote:
Lindsey looked very appreciative that his cult turned out for the show. He did a lot of talking; Stevie, not so much.

Silver Spring, my favourite FM song, is too slow, and perhaps lacks the intensity of the definitive version from The Dance DVD.

The beer runs and exodus to the bathrooms during Not That Funny and the new songs was really annoying. Perhaps FM should only play on school nights.
as he should be!!

well, he sang SS to his cult (apparently we are haunting him ), maybe that was the problem (cult members didn't mind)

Not That Funny was tight rocking and intense - perfect!!