User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or he could have just been screwing with the interviewer.
If y’all actually clicked on that link you’d see it’s one of those google translate from audio to another language and back to English write ups. That’s why it makes no sense. Brother was originally some other wording, the same as sound became silent. Who knows whether they even know who was interviewed and about what.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
probably much safer to go with what we could actually hear them saying in the Sound City movie - both Keith and Lindsey. and the bottom line from the above link as well as every version we heard - FM needed a guitarist and Lindsey would not join without Stevie.
Not to entertain this nonsense even further, but allow my to transcribe a passage from Mick Fleetwood's autobiography, as well:

I rang up Keith Olsen over at Sound City and asked the name of the chap whose music and guitar-playing I had liked when I visited the studio.

Lindsey Buckingham, Olsen said.

I told him I wanted Lindsey Buckingham to be the new guitarist in Fleetwood Mac, and what did he think?

Olsen replied that Lindsey was part of a team, the other half of which was his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. They had a band called Buckingham Nicks and were very much a pair. Keith said he didn't think Lindsey would be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hearing "Ricky" on the radio this morning made the gridlock of my commute bearable! Following it with "Folsom Prison Blues" quickly snapped me back to reality though...

Currently falling in love with "Miranda" all over again, never having listened to it through headphones before!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
The story about Lindsey insisting that FM hire Stevie is just part of the Stevie/Lindsey drama. It's a made of story. Keith Olsen has never told the story that way. Keith has always said that he explained, to Mick, that they were a couple. Then, Mick extended the invitation to both of them. In fact, Keith says that it was Stevie's brother who paid Stevie and Lindsey a salary to be in FM.

From a Keith Olsen interview:

"'But the good news is, you know those two kids, who were they? Lindsey and Stevie? Do you think they'd want to join my band? Could you go and find out?' And I took 12 hours of constant pounding on them to try to convince them to join Fleetwood Mac on a trial basis only. And they joined Fleetwood Mac as a trial basis and they said they'd do it just for 6 weeks. Then they got better, then they found out that they were making money, just because her brother's paying their salary at 500 bucks a week. They said, well this is great."

http://www.melodicrock.com/interviews/keitholsen.html
No it's not. It's well known that Mick was only looking for a guitarist and that's what he mainly was after. He wanted Lindsey but was quick to find out Lindsey was part of a duo. And it is true that Lindsey would not have joined without Stevie, which is why Mick told Christine "fine we'll take her only if you get along with her too". Christine said that story herself in a fairly recent radio interview, that before they met up with SnL, Mick told her they were mainly after the guy on guitar and that they'd take his singing music/life partner too so long as Christine was okay with her and with having another girl singer in the band. Christine said she and Stevie got along great and she thought Lindsey was super hot so they both joined.
During Stevie's "Without You" stories she used to talk about it as if Mick wanted them both until she said Lindsey was like "actually no, they wanted me, not you".
Old 05-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
No it's not. It's well known that Mick was only looking for a guitarist and that's what he mainly was after. He wanted Lindsey but was quick to find out Lindsey was part of a duo. And it is true that Lindsey would not have joined without Stevie, which is why Mick told Christine "fine we'll take her only if you get along with her too". Christine said that story herself in a fairly recent radio interview, that before they met up with SnL, Mick told her they were mainly after the guy on guitar and that they'd take his singing music/life partner too so long as Christine was okay with her and with having another girl singer in the band. Christine said she and Stevie got along great and she thought Lindsey was super hot so they both joined.
During Stevie's "Without You" stories she used to talk about it as if Mick wanted them both until she said Lindsey was like "actually no, they wanted me, not you".
What does that whole story have to do with whether or not there was a dramatic moment when Lindsey refused to join without Stevie? More than likely Mick already knew Lindsey wouldn't joint without Stevie before they ever spoke.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What does that whole story have to do with whether or not there was a dramatic moment when Lindsey refused to join without Stevie? More than likely Mick already knew Lindsey wouldn't joint without Stevie before they ever spoke.
I don't think anyone has ever said there was some grand dramatic moment where Lindsey like, proclaimed somehow that he would never join without Stevie.... Lindsey's routine way of describing it is the "You have to take my girlfriend too", that's just the line he always uses, it's kinda obvious to me he didn't actually proclaim that and it wasn't some dramatic thing, it was just known that that's how it was. Keith said they were a duo and Lindsey wasn't gonna ditch Stevie so he likely reiterated the same thing to Mick so Mick agreed to it. That's the story that has always been told.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think anyone has ever said there was some grand dramatic moment where Lindsey like, proclaimed somehow that he would never join without Stevie.... Lindsey's routine way of describing it is the "You have to take my girlfriend too", that's just the line he always uses, it's kinda obvious to me he didn't actually proclaim that and it wasn't some dramatic thing, it was just known that that's how it was. Keith said they were a duo and Lindsey wasn't gonna ditch Stevie so he likely reiterated the same thing to Mick so Mick agreed to it. That's the story that has always been told.
When Bob Welch unexpectedly left FM, the immediate need was for a guitar play, but that does not mean they were not interested in Stevie also.

In his Q&A Bob Welch said that FM was considering asking Lindsey and Stevie to join before he left the band.

Bob Welch said:

"Mick mentioned Stevie and Lindsey to me, that he had heard these great singers and writers at Sound City, before I had officially left the band.

We knew we were going to make SOME kind of changes, and I thought about staying and ADDING Stevie and Lindsey. This is what Mick, John, and Chris would have preferred at the time"
Old 05-18-2018, 04:05 PM

Old 05-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Bob Welch unexpectedly left FM, the immediate need was for a guitar play, but that does not mean they were not interested in Stevie also.

In his Q&A Bob Welch said that FM was considering asking Lindsey and Stevie to join before he left the band.

Bob Welch said:

"Mick mentioned Stevie and Lindsey to me, that he had heard these great singers and writers at Sound City, before I had officially left the band.

We knew we were going to make SOME kind of changes, and I thought about staying and ADDING Stevie and Lindsey. This is what Mick, John, and Chris would have preferred at the time"
Well I guess all that goes to show you is that as always with Fleetwood Mac, there are many different, often contradictory versions of the same story.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Well I guess all that goes to show you is that as always with Fleetwood Mac, there are many different, often contradictory versions of the same story.
I agree with that 100%!
Old 05-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually heard "Blood on the Floor" today from Kiln House. First Jeremy Spencer song I've heard since I've been listening. Jeremy's cool. Supposedly he was hilarious to hang around. A practical joker and all.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I actually heard "Blood on the Floor" today from Kiln House. First Jeremy Spencer song I've heard since I've been listening. Jeremy's cool. Supposedly he was hilarious to hang around. A practical joker and all.
yes! i heard that song several times now. enjoyed it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like the further into the month they go, they are pulling deeper tracks out, which is awesome. I will be in the car all weekend! Cannot wait. I really hope they extend the channel.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I feel like the further into the month they go, they are pulling deeper tracks out, which is awesome. I will be in the car all weekend! Cannot wait I really hope they extend the channel.

Me too! After listening to this station over the last "few weeks", it amazes me that the pre Rumours lineups of FM weren't more successful. There are so many awesome songs they did. I'd say a lot are as good or better than the most popular ones of the Rumours Era FM. God, I wish I was a FM fan before Stevie and Lindsey joined and was able to see the old school FM in concert.

Last edited by jwd; 05-18-2018 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: added something
Old 05-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I heard this the other day and I was just stunned. A complete and verifiable lie.
"we love lindsey and we want all his dreams to come true but i have to go with what is best for my band and no one wants a double album from people in their 50s"

This is how she plays the press, and because no one fact checks, she gets away with it. And she knows it.