Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know!

what a ridiculous argument. unlike at her solo dates, most of her fans said how much she hated FM tours and was practically a zombie at many of the FM tour dates. but LB not looking at SN during GYOW at one of the Classics is considered him slacking off and a firing offense? yes. makes perfect sense.
I was at Classic East---THE WHOLE BAND WAS OFF--None of them liked each other that night. First off, SNL got to the stage ~ 3-5 minutes after the rest of the band, was awkward. None of them seemed particularly in sync with each other. We still got the Sara and Landslide smoochy smoochy, but if LB was so checked out, why did he get so obviously annoyed when his guitar was out of tune on GYOW. He was no more checked out than the rest of them. That's a joke argument if I ever heard one!
Old 05-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
There have been plenty of shows where Stevie was going through the motions and was very clear she was not hiding her unhappiness. If that's a criterion for firing, girlfriend could have been given her walking papers a while ago.
PREACH. I wasn't yet a fan in 1997-1998, but wasn't Christine also looking miserable at some of the Dance shows? She was probably going through the motions too, especially towards the end of that run.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be fair to Christine in 1997 (21 years ago), she had already retired from touring at the end of 1990, and her songs on”Time” made it clear she was leaving the band. Her presence on that tour was somewhat of a miracle, and I always thought it was her going out on top after a less than stellar decade. But, you could tell she was ready to be done.

As for Stevie…That’s not a point I want to argue. I’ve said many times since Mick’s Playboy interview that Stevie should be shown the door. And, I especially felt that when they called the album something other than Fleetwood Mac. She’s the money. Her people call the shots, and everyone plays along and gets their bag of money. Including Lindsey until recently. Fair? No. Just reality. One that makes me sick.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-10-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Old 05-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm not sure which thread it was, but a couple of people suggested that Lindsey's current silence might be due to a sort of Stormy Daniels situation--taking some money and agreeing not to speak.

On reflection, that theory doesn't seem to gel at all with the SNS posts that have been made by his family; nor does it seem to gel with Lindsey as we know him (i.e. to choose money over principles/truth would surely be anathema to him).
Old 05-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I'm not sure which thread it was, but a couple of people suggested that Lindsey's current silence might be due to a sort of Stormy Daniels situation--taking some money and agreeing not to speak.

On reflection, that theory doesn't seem to gel at all with the SNS posts that have been made by his family; nor does it seem to gel with Lindsey as we know him (i.e. to choose money over principles/truth would surely be anathema to him).
I don't think it's anything like that at all.
He's just probably not going to comment on it right now, at least not through some press statement. It's not really his thing.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To be fair to Christine in 1997 (21 years ago), she had already retired from touring at the end of 1990, and her songs on”Time” made it clear she was leaving the band. Her presence on that tour was somewhat of a miracle, and I always thought it was her going out on top after a less than stellar decade. But, you could tell she was ready to be done.

As for Stevie…That’s not a point I want to argue. I’ve said many times since Mick’s Playboy interview that Stevie should be shown the door. And, I especially felt that when they called the album something other than Fleetwood Mac. She’s the money. Her people call the shots, and everyone plays along and gets their bag of money. Including Lindsey until recently. Fair? No. Just reality. One that makes me sick.
Good lort, you finally say something that I agree with!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I can get in for $50 bucks and it's within driving distance I'll go.......
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
If I can get in for $50 bucks and it's within driving distance I'll go.......
i would need to be paid - thousands. and then i still wouldn't be able to listen to that. i'd need to go out to the bar, instead. just like i have to turn the channel when i listen to the FM SXM and Stevie or Mick come on. when Mick says they never broke the chain? he's either stupid, senile or both.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i would need to be paid - thousands. and then i still wouldn't be able to listen to that. i'd need to go out to the bar, instead. just like i have to turn the channel when i listen to the FM SXM and Stevie or Mick come on. when Mick says they never broke the chain? he's either stupid, senile or both.

I think the chances of either of us going are slim, given our stipulations. But it's not the end of the world. There's so much more out there!!!!
Old 05-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it sold out yet? Does everyone have their tickets?!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plenty of resale seats left at MSG---eek if those don't resell....AWKWARD. Ticket brokers MUST be kicking themselves right now
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Both of the LA shows still have PLENTY of seats.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this tour flops! **** the cash cow!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope this tour flops! **** the cash cow!
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"
He'd be a fool to say yes. LET IT BURN!