The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2018, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He's a class act---handled it elegantly, but more importantly--he sounded fantastic and played wonderfully (as always)
Old 05-12-2018, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess I'm not as big a FM fan as others are here... for example, I had no idea who this person "Kelliane" was, or why she would be "spying" on Lindsey Buckingham for Stevie at a public fundraising event. So thanks for posting, fiver. Besides working with Cameron Crowe, maybe, just maybe, she was also a supporter of the candidate whom the fundraiser was for.

Or you could believe the conspiracy theorists posting here, that she spent the evening spying on Lindsey for Stevie
You’re a Stevie’s fan and you don’t know who she’s?

She’s part of Stevie’s entourage, and she has nothing better to do on a Friday night than spending it on the same room with the man her friend just trashed on national TV? I don’t believe for a second her political beliefs are so strong she couldn’t stop herself from going. Gimme a break!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Two things that spoke volumes to me.

1) the word factions....likely means Mick and Stevie vs Chris and LB with John caught in the middle.

2) his not wanting to say anything too negative leaving the door open for reunion. He must think it’s just a phase.
1) He finally cleared that up. Funny how some people STILL don’t know what he’s talking about. Where have you been for the past 3 months?

2) The use of the word “perspective” also made me think he’s waiting for them to come to senses.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Yeah, let’s not get into political discussions on this thread, let’s keep it to what he said about Fleetwood Mac. I agree with Lindsey that the legacy is “harmed”, but on the other hand, if what we keep hearing is true about him wanting to postpone the tour another year is true, I’m on the band’s side. John and Christine are like 75, and John, for all we know is still battling cancer, Lindsey should be on board to tour with them while he still can, he’s the youngest, he still has time to do solo stuff if he wants when Fleetwood Mac is done.
Did he say he wanted to postpone the tour? He emphasized it wasn’t his choice to leave the band and that he was sad about the legacy. That doesn’t sound like a man who wasn’t willing to negotiate his solo tour with the band tour in order to continue the legacy.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

She’s part of Stevie’s entourage, and she has nothing better to do on a Friday night than spending it on the same room with the man her friend just trashed on national TV? I don’t believe for a second her political beliefs are so strong she couldn’t stop herself from going. Gimme a break!
If she was there as a "mole" she can report back that he sounded fantastic played beautifully and downplayed someone who bad mouthed her. Class act all the way around. The band could learn a lesson or 2 there.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did he say he wanted to postpone the tour? He emphasized it wasn’t his choice to leave the band and that he was sad about the legacy. That doesn’t sound like a man who wasn’t willing to negotiate his solo tour with the band tour in order to continue the legacy.
I think it's been pretty well established now he was willing to negotiate his solo tour. We've seen the video and I feel like Brett corroborated that as well?
Old 05-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
Yes! This describes me too, though I have 24KG and In the Meantime. Though I buy from iTunes and have no records or CDs. No meet and greets, no clippings, no posters, no photos. I do like to watch interviews and live concerts and read biographies and I will buy one T-Shirt from each concert (I will only attend one show on a tour).
Old 05-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He is only saying what we already knew. Mick and Stevie only care about the money. He cares about the music.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened again, and I found the phrase “leave of absence” curious.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.
Really? There's just so much in your comment that is ridiculous.

Where was he passive-aggressive? Cryptic and a tad pretentious...well yeah, that is vintage Lindsey. And Stevie. And if you want passive aggressive, Mick Fleetwood holds that card in The Fleetwood Mac realm.

You say he "seized" the opportunity to discuss this at a charity gig but then say you'd have more respect if he just essentially blasted the band?

A charity gig? Don't make it sound like he took over a Children's Hospital gala to drone on and on about Fleetwood Mac. It was a political fundraiser and he barely spent 70 seconds talking about it. He wasn't rude, and he quickly shut the person up who said "f**k Stevie Nicks."

Crude and embittered? My goodness, get some perspective as those words don't apply at all.

And endless dithering and postponing of tours - first of all, not even a fact at all. Second, if he was fired for such, then Stevie should have been fired a few times in the last 20 years.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I listened again, and I found the phrase “leave of absence” curious.
Well, the line was that he has "taken leave" of the band. But I also found that a bit curious. It could just be Lindsey-speak and not mean much but his whole little talk there made it sound like he hadn't shut the door for good on working with the band again.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Leave of absence...

If I remember correctly, he has talked about cycles once or twice before...hahaha. Maybe he's just going to wait them out. I've stayed away from commenting here a lot because I don't have such deep allegiances as some, but I'm curious to see where this all goes. I'll see this latest version of Fleetwood Mac and hope that, sometime in the near future, those five people pull off a tour again. Now, back to the politics of the evening...
Old 05-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well, the line was that he has "taken leave" of the band. But I also found that a bit curious. It could just be Lindsey-speak and not mean much but his whole little talk there made it sound like he hadn't shut the door for good on working with the band again.
that's one of his vintage lines, same as "fulfilling our destiny". he used it over and over at Buckvie shows, saying Christine has taken a leave of a band for 16 years.

i do agree with others though that particular phrasing as well as the one about some band factions "losing their perspective" signals he is leaving the door open to repair the legacy. it's pretty clear he considers FM his band -as he should - "for the last 3 months i've taken leave of absence of my band of 43 years, Fleetwood Mac, not by my doing or my choice." and he'd like to wrap up on a positive note for the band legacy.

not my choice btw, but i understand his stance. he's a much bigger person than most of us would be in his situation.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

not my choice btw, but i understand his stance. he's a much bigger person than most of us would be in his situation.
Oh hell yes. I would’ve been up there ripping them to shreds! Lol