Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick -TMZ video

don't remember whether that video of Mick answering TMZ questions been posted somewhere here already? it was everywhere on social media few days ago.

here's the article on it:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4890195/fl...cut-from-tour/

Fleetwood Mac’s Mick Fleetwood Says Lindsey Buckingham’s Songs Won’t Be Cut From Tour

The Fleetwood Mac co-founder didn’t rule out playing Tom Petty covers as Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell joins his band as a replacement for fired Lindsey Buckingham..
DIA DIPASUPIL / GETTY IMAGES MUSIC
Victoria Miller

Fleetwood Mac will hit the road later this year for a farewell tour, but fans will notice some major changes 40 years after the band’s’70s heyday. Not only is longtime Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer Lindsey Buckingham out of the band, but his replacements, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers lead guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House’s Neil Finn, might be bringing some of their own music with them when Fleetwood Mac embarks on the “An Evening With Fleetwood Mac” tour this fall.

TMZ caught up with Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood at LAX, where the rock legend confirmed that the band won’t be cutting “all” of fired Linsey Buckingham’s songs from their setlist when they tour later this year. Some of Fleetwood Mac’s biggest classics, including “Go Your Own Way,” and “Tusk” were written by Buckingham, and he sang lead vocals on many others, including “Don’t Stop” and “The Chain.”

Fleetwood also revealed that fans could hear some Tom Petty hits during the tour. Mick told TMZ the band plans to have fun during their final road trip and that will be some surprises. But when asked if the door would still be open for Lindsey Buckingham to join Fleetwood Mac’s final tour, Mick Fleetwood was quick to reply, “No, we’re a new band.”

Mick Fleetwood previously told CBS News the band’s newly hired guitarists Campbell and Finn “have a legacy of their own.”

“They don’t need to have a calling card,” Fleetwood told CBS earlier this year. “They are who they are in their own right.”

But Fleetwood added the following.

“This is absolutely a new band. This is the new lineup of Fleetwood Mac.”

Some fans recently got a look at what the “new” band could look like. According to Variety, Fleetwood Mac newcomers Mike Campbell and Neil Finn teamed up for a couple of songs during Finn’s recent show at the Coronet in Los Angeles.

The duo traded guitar licks on “Man of the World,” a 1969 song that was released when original singer Peter Green was fronting Fleetwood Mac, and David Bowie’s 1972 classic “Moonage Daydream.” When an audience member requested the Fleetwood Mac song “Go Your Own Way,” Finn reportedly responded, “I should be ready to start it up by now. Just you wait.”

The revamped Fleetwood Mac will have plenty of time to practice. The band will begin the first leg of their tour at the BOK Center in Tulsa on October 3 before breaking for the holidays in mid-December. The tour will pick up February 5 at the Toyota Center in Houston and run through April 5, 2019.

You can see Lindsey Buckingham performing a classic song with Fleetwood Mac in the video below.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default TMZ video

here's a link to the actual video -

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/02/mick-f...kingham-fired/

Mick Fleetwood Says Fleetwood Mac's Still Fun Without Lindsey Buckingham

Video thumbnail
ON OUR OWN WAYTMZ.com

Mick Fleetwood says to expect some surprises when Fleetwood Mac hits the road again this year without guitarist Lindsey Buckingham -- including some Tom Petty gems.

Buckingham was fired from the band last month and replaced by Mike Campbell, the lead guitarist for Petty's Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

It was a pretty bad departure, but when we got Mick at LAX Wednesday he told us the band wouldn't be cutting all of Lindsey's songs out of the setlist ... but they will be focusing on having fun. Remember, classics like "Go Your Own Way" and "Don't Stop" are largely Lindsey jams.

We asked if there's any chance for reconciliation, and Mick's answer is pretty definitive -- and sad for fans of the OG Mac.

Mods - please merge if there already is a thread on this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they should have the right to play his songs after firing him.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I don't think they should have the right to play his songs after firing him.
I agree
Its a catch 22 or a dog chasing it's tail. If they do too many Heartbreaker and Crowded House songs, is it Fleetwood Mac? If they do Lindsey songs, are they trying to imitate him as a cover band? Are they stuck in the past and cant get over Lindsey?
Old 05-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick wasn't quite his usual chatty self. LOL. Loved the end where the guy says, Oh new band now, congratulations. This makes me glad I haven't bought tickets yet.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Mick wasn't quite his usual chatty self. LOL. Loved the end where the guy says, Oh new band now, congratulations. This makes me glad I haven't bought tickets yet.
He was squirming so terrifically. It was really awesome. How do you think the most recent conversations b/w Azoff and Fleetwood have been going lately. Oh to be a fly on the wall