Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
No
No
And
No Again
You and I, part NO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lolGrumpyWhoGives****.jpg (9.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You and I, part NO.
Second Hand NO
Old 05-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't Go NO
Old 05-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Book Of NO.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

World Tur.....NO
Old 05-01-2018, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Somebody help me now! After being disgusted and outraged with this band's decision to fire Buckingham, I'm actually fighting back the urge to pull out my American Express Gold card to shell out $600 for two seats to this clown outfit.

God save me! I may be showing my face at this garage sale!

#SaveLindsey #WhoAreYouPeople
LOL I am definitely not trying to get you to change your mind, but here are a few more things to consider:

1- buying a ticket or two from a scalper at a reduced rate the day of the concert isn't going to make or break FM in terms of lining their pockets.

2- if you go, you'll either enjoy the concert or you'll see that you were right to feel the way you do in the first place about the new lineup without Lindsey. And even if FM give a horrible performance, well that could be entertaining to watch, too!

3- fortunately, there will likely be plenty of footage posted on the internet, so even if you don't go, you'll get a good idea of what their performance is like.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to NO
Old 05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL I am definitely not trying to get you to change your mind, but here are a few more things to consider:

1- buying a ticket or two from a scalper at a reduced rate the day of the concert isn't going to make or break FM in terms of lining their pockets.

2- if you go, you'll either enjoy the concert or you'll see that you were right to feel the way you do in the first place about the new lineup without Lindsey. And even if FM give a horrible performance, well that could be entertaining to watch, too!

3- fortunately, there will likely be plenty of footage posted on the internet, so even if you don't go, you'll get a good idea of what their performance is like.
You definitely bring up some strong and valid points.

You know what, I actually don't think that FM's performance will be horrible at all. Mike Campbell is an amazing guitar player--both he and Finn are extremely talented. However, it's just not Fleetwood Mac. Trying to replace a lineup that creates magic with random different pieces of a puzzle just translates into bland and uninspired.

As a follower of this band for over 40 years, I've been there, done that. Billy Burnett and Rick Vito were great musicians. But, the 87-90 incarnation was lifeless. The magic was stolen.

Last edited by WatchChain; 05-01-2018 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome to the Room...No

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
You know what, I actually don't think that FM's performance will be horrible at all. Mike Campbell is an amazing guitar player--both he and Finn are extremely talented. However, it's just not Fleetwood Mac. Trying to replace a lineup that creates magic with random different pieces of a puzzle just translates into bland and uninspired.

As a follower of this band for over 40 years, I've been there, done that. Billy Burnett and Rick Vito were great musicians. But, the 87-90 incarnation was lifeless. The magic was stolen.
I know what you mean, I'm totally on the fence about seeing FM, partially due to Lindsey's absence and partially due to not knowing a lot about the new guys, other than what I've read here. But what I've read here and seen in links provided by other folks, they look like they're great musicians. Plus I'm intrigued, I mean taking something out and putting another ingredient in, it's definitely going to be different- the question is, will I still like it? And unlike you, I loved Rick and Billy when they were in the band, even though I freely acknowledge it may not have been as dynamic as with Lindsey (sorry, I can't say they were lifeless).

I have a feeling the set list from opening night is going to undergo changes, too. They claim they're rehearsing over 60 songs to see what makes the cut, but I think they'll cut some pre-1975 tunes for more familiar ones throughout the tour, unless casual fans react that positively to old songs that are from practically a different genre. Rattlesnake Shake before or after Little Lies just seems impossible to imagine going over well, even though they did it in 1987-88. Just my opinion.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Make Me NO
Old 05-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Neil and Mike performed Man of the World in LA last week, it's pretty safe to say that song will definitely be on the set list. I never thought I'd get a chance to see FM perform Man of the World live, so this is incredible.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am curious as to how the arrangements of the songs will change? That was all Lindsey, I believe. If Mike or Neil take the helm on this--how far will they veer off the FM sound? For any of LB's songs they play.....that could be a disaster.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I am curious as to how the arrangements of the songs will change? That was all Lindsey, I believe. If Mike or Neil take the helm on this--how far will they veer off the FM sound? For any of LB's songs they play.....that could be a disaster.
That is why it would be a HUGE mistake to play Lindsey's songs. Yes they should play Heartbreaker and Crowded House songs instead. Just dumb idea. Lindsey hated to do the old Mac tunes. He felt like a bar cover band in his opinion.
Lindsey is gone. Move on. Go your own way and do your own thing. Close the show with Running Down A Dream.