The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was Lindsey playing up the release of a new "pop" sounding album a way to put some kind of pressure on the other Macsters (i.e., Stevie)?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Was Lindsey playing up the release of a new "pop" sounding album a way to put some kind of pressure on the other Macsters (i.e., Stevie)?
I do agree his new found poppy state of mind is a ploy to lure Stevie into the studio. She hates when he gets "weird". I like a mixture of both.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
I've never seen FM live, and I don't want to be tempted to pay as much as I did for BuckVie to get not nearly as good seats for FM. Unless FM can get their stuff together for a new album or he finally changes up what he wears on stage every once in a while, I don't want to pay up the nose.

lol, about Mick. Does his accountant suck or does he just flat out ignore that person?
According to Mick, he hears what they say and when it includes "stop spending so much" he ignores them. e.g., the Rolex story.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pop Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don’t think Lindsey recording a “pop” album was an attempt to lure Stevie into the studio. Per previous interviews, Lindsey announced that he would be releasing a “best of” and had already recorded an album that would be released in March. He said, when asked, that it was a pop album. Was the recorded pop sound intentional, subliminal, or by chance? Who knows. Since March has all but come and gone, there has been a lot of fan speculation. My personal opinion is that Warner liked the sound of Buckingham McVie and the new solo album and are now trying to manipulate that into an FM album. To me, Lindsey’s songs generally sound the same whether on an FM album, solo or Buckingham McVie. His greatest contribution has always been the impact that he has on the other songwriter’s songs. While that studio time may be painful for other band members, the success of FM in the Buckingham Nicks era is indisputable.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
I don’t think Lindsey recording a “pop” album was an attempt to lure Stevie into the studio. Per previous interviews, Lindsey announced that he would be releasing a “best of” and had already recorded an album that would be released in March. He said, when asked, that it was a pop album. Was the recorded pop sound intentional, subliminal, or by chance? Who knows. Since March has all but come and gone, there has been a lot of fan speculation. My personal opinion is that Warner liked the sound of Buckingham McVie and the new solo album and are now trying to manipulate that into an FM album. To me, Lindsey’s songs generally sound the same whether on an FM album, solo or Buckingham McVie. His greatest contribution has always been the impact that he has on the other songwriter’s songs. While that studio time may be painful for other band members, the success of FM in the Buckingham Nicks era is indisputable.
I think "pop" in Lindsey's mind is like Seeds we Sow.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His greatest contribution has always been the impact that he has on the other songwriter’s songs. While that studio time may be painful for other band members, the success of FM in the Buckingham Nicks era is indisputable.
But when the other half of that successful team that joined the band 42 years ago doesn't want to do another album just out of spite , and the band founders support that idea just to please her, instead of trying to convince her, then you know that that band is done. And they should stop touring and they should go their separate ways instead of staying together just to hurt each other while cashing astronomical tickets for the same tour they have been doing for the past 15 years.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

not exactly coming out in april - but he's finishing the album, he's been working with Mark Needham on mixing it just last week -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not exactly coming out in april - but he's finishing the album, he's been working with Mark Needham on mixing it just last week -

Elle, thank you for posting! This is the first real news we have had in about six months. It sounds like the solo CD will be finalized soon. Hopefully a June release followed by a tour.

This is an interesting Podcast. Lindsey comes up at the beginning (there is no “box” around Lindsey’s creativity) and towards the end (discussing remote versus in person interaction with artists). Lindsey was mentioned as one of the few artists that is intimately involved in the mixing. Needham mentioned that even bands in LA won’t drive across town, but will correspond by e-mail and Skype to select different sound/mixes.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle, thank you for posting! This is the first real news we have had in about six months. It sounds like the solo CD will be finalized soon. Hopefully a June release followed by a tour.

This is an interesting Podcast. Lindsey comes up at the beginning (there is no “box” around Lindsey’s creativity) and towards the end (discussing remote versus in person interaction with artists). Lindsey was mentioned as one of the few artists that is intimately involved in the mixing. Needham mentioned that even bands in LA won’t drive across town, but will correspond by e-mail and Skype to select different sound/mixes.
I didn't hear anything about him currently mixing an LB album.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Working with Mark Needham

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I didn't hear anything about him currently mixing an LB album.
At the 8:37 mark “he was in here yesterday.” At the 42:47 mark “... (I have) just been working on this solo album with Lindsey...”
Old 04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So.....let’s get the focus on the good stuff again.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Ledgie

I look forward to Lindsey releasing a new album. It would be refreshing than the constant touring of Fleetwood Mac without anything new.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will Lindsey re-cut all of Mick and John's parts? Sounds extreme but pretty reasonable if you ask me.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who has setlist ideas....how much/how little Fleetwood Mac will be included?
Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

he needs to release this album YESTERDAY

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.