Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Is Lindsey downsizing?

http://realestalker.blogspot.in/2013...ownsizing.html
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe he bought it for Fleetwood Mac to make a new album in! (I wish!!)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The lot size is roughly 7 times of his current Brentwood home. Like the article suggests, he could be using this place for it's land, and tear down the original home so he can build an even bigger palace which would afford him more land & privacy for his family. That'd be a shame, though... the existing home & gardens have so much character!

I like holidayroad's suggestion much more, though... surely it's where Fleetwood Mac will be recording a new album (with Christine... let's go all out on this dream sequence!).

I think there is one thing we can all agree on, though... there is NO WAY Lindsey would live in such a "small" house with his family. I don't think Kristin would allow it!

Last edited by louielouie2000; 01-23-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The lot size is roughly 7 times of his current Brentwood home. Like the article suggests, he could be using this place for it's land, and tear down the original home so he can build an even bigger palace which would afford him more land & privacy for his family. That'd be a shame, though... the existing home & gardens have so much character!

I like holidayroad's suggestion much more, though... surely it's where Fleetwood Mac will be recording a new album (with Christine... let's go all out on this dream sequence!).

I think there is one thing we can all agree on, though... there is NO WAY Lindsey would live in such a "small" house with his family. I don't think Kristin would allow it!
His current lot size is larger than this house, according to the blog. Current is 1.16 acres, this one is .82 acres.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Projects, projects, & more projects! Man, he's really getting to be quite the real estate junkie. Wasn't he building a house in Hawaii too? Nice!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
His current lot size is larger than this house, according to the blog. Current is 1.16 acres, this one is .82 acres.
I could have sworn the article said 8 acres earlier... not .8!

Maybe they bought the house for Kristin's parents or something? I assume her parents are still alive? Or perhaps they bought it to be a design showplace for Kristin's business? Or maybe Kristin just gets bored living in a house for more than a few years & wants to do another tear down remodel like she did with Lindsey's old Bel Air house. Perhaps Lindsey wants a seperate place to record other than his current basement below their garage?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

great photo gallery of his former house (the one they built from scratch on the lot he'd owned for years) Gorgeous!

http://www.efgidley.net/websites/rea...illa/index.htm

Commenters say that the people who bought it from him (for 19.5 million) are doing a mega-expansion that totally cheapens the place.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

C'mon guys, he's obviously building a house for Stevie.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

Hmmm then she would be sleeping round the corner!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Hehehe

But in all seriousness, I figured Kristen might fancy the flipping game. Maybe they'll fix it up and sell for profit? Or, the whole 'house for her parents' theory seems plausible. What I don't find plausible is that he is downsizing haha.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^not exactly a great market for flipping right now, unless things are turning around out there...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://rinburbs.wordpress.com/2013/0...d-real-estate/

Lindsey Buckingham Has Exquisite Taste in Women and Real Estate

By R in burbs

The Real Estalker: Is Lindsey Buckingham Downsizing?

Click for Real Estalker site and story:
Here is the MLS listing….

This is Mr. Buckingham’s current Brentwood Manse:

It’s big….but not as large as his old Bel Air Estate

This looks like an ordinary street, but, behind the walls and gates, it is different.

I guess this place will be for sale after the new place is built….

[bunch of photos of various places at this link]

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Hehehe

But in all seriousness, I figured Kristen might fancy the flipping game. Maybe they'll fix it up and sell for profit? Or, the whole 'house for her parents' theory seems plausible. What I don't find plausible is that he is downsizing haha.
Has the Southern California real estate market recovered to the point where flipping is viable again? The asking price on Lindsey's old Bel Air home is what he sold the place for several years ago... meaning it hasn't gained in value during that time period, and most likely, the current owner is willing to sell for less than they bought for. I'd have to assume that Brentwood is comparable to Bel Air in regards to the state of their markets. So if the Buckinghams want to play the flipping game, they aren't likely to make money this time around.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 06:12 AM EST, Realty Today
http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/...close-home.htm

Lindsey Buckingham Goes a Mile to Buy Brentwood Property

Legendary "Fleetwood Mac" guitar picking rock star, Lindsey Buckingham, has reportedly purchased a not-so-big property, just a mile away from his $5.8 million Los Angeles residence.

Buckingham and wife Kirsten purchased the 2,958 square feet home that sits on 0.85 acre of green property in Sunset Boulevard Street, Brentwood, California, reports The Real Estalker. A curvy long driveway leads up to the main unit of the five bedroom, three bathroom Spanish-styled home. The place sports a motor court in the backyard along with a detached two-car garage. The property also has a bean-shaped pool and a line of outdoor rooms surrounded by numerous flower shrubs.

Interior photos of the home have not been listed partly because the decor is a little worn-out and needs to be redone. However, the outdoor snaps are pretty tantalizing and the couple will probably be renovating the place, reports Real Estalker.

Buckingham's current residence is a grand 8000 plus square feet mansion located in the same Brentwood area, which he purchased in 2004.

The Sunset Boulevard Street is a star-studded lane with the likes of Betty White, Ricky Lake and a few other celebrities residing in the area.

The Band, "Fleetwood Mac" rose to fame in late 1960 with the song, "Albatross". Like other bands, the group saw many ups and downs. The band broke up in 1987 and regrouped in 1997. "Fleetwood Mac" will be returning for a world tour in the spring of 2013.

Apart from his stint with the band, Buckingham has also recorded many solo albums like "Law and Order" and the most recent, "One Man Show" in 2012.

Buckingham has one son and two daughters with wife Kirsten. She is an interior designer. Their Brentwood home was featured in Elle Décor
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

The Band, "Fleetwood Mac" rose to fame in late 1960 with the song, "Albatross". Like other bands, the group saw many ups and downs. The band broke up in 1987 and regrouped in 1997. "Fleetwood Mac" will be returning for a world tour in the spring of 2013.
They seem confused.