The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have an HD dvd recorder, but when I transfer it to DVD, the DVD won't be in HD anymore. There's going to be a substantial loss in quality.

Michele
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have an HD dvd recorder, but when I transfer it to DVD, the DVD won't be in HD anymore. There's going to be a substantial loss in quality.

Michele
That doesn't bother me too much honestly. Since this is supposed to come out on DVD officially, I just need something to hold me over so I don't explode.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Hey, I grew up with a black and white TV with rabbit ears on top .... so this sounds like no loss in quality to me.

Would you keep me in mind???
Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anything would be great. Not being in HD is not a problem at all since I'm sure everyone here will be buying the DVD anyway (well, I'd hope they are...)

So if some nice person could make it available to us without HD that'd be really nice
Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if we get a few people to pass on the concert after they record it then we could all reciprocate....pay it forward. I sure would!!

Old 10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We do have HD/HD DVR, and like I said earlier in this thread, I will attempt to transfer it to DVD. If I'm successful, I can help out with DVD copies as well.

made by dissention
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECORD IT FOR YOU IN EXCHANGE FOR:
Stevie Nicks U.S. Festival 5/30/83 DVD or VHS A/A+ quality! Excellent! Gold Dust Woman, Outside the Rain, Dreams, Gold and Braid, Angel, Leather and Lace, Stand Back, I need to know, Stop Dragging my Heart Around, Gypsy, In the Still of the Night, Edge of Seventeen, Rhiannon
THANKS
Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer99 View Post
We do have HD/HD DVR, and like I said earlier in this thread, I will attempt to transfer it to DVD. If I'm successful, I can help out with DVD copies as well.
Thanks!!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Anyone know whether that particular show was seated or standing? I went to the Falls Church show back in October of last year and it was all standing room in the front, with the audience all bunched up in front of the stage, moving around, etc. and it was hands down, the best show I've ever seen. Earlier this year, I brought a friend to the Baltimore show and was disappointed to find that they had placed reserved seating right in front of the stage which definitely knocked the wind out of the show and it obviously wasn't nearly as exciting standing off to the side of the stage about 50 feet back with some 300 pound bouncer telling me to back up every time I tried to inch forward.

Anyways, one of the big problems with the Soundstage dvd (and all Soundstage dvds) is the seated audience. You don't get the concert feel and I for one am left in awe, when one of the greatest singers and guitarists in the world is rocking their world song after song and the only response from the perfectly still audience is a mellow applause

I want a dvd of a REAL concert. But then again, beggars can't be choosers and I'll take what I can get.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a seated show. Since it was being filmed, it was almost like people didn't want to standup or stick out. I have no problem with that at any show I go to. When SHN starts I can't help myself! At the beginning of the concert (first 4 songs or so) they had most of the front, center row shut down because of the cameras. They needed room to move back and forth. But I think Lindsey thought that was BS and we got upgraded. My guess was that we were up and singing through some of the faster songs...maybe it played better on camera that some people were up and having fun?? I don't know. I was just happy we got the sweet spot between Brett and Lindsey up front. We were allowed at the stage. Unfortunately I didn't look back much so I couldn't tell what the rest of Bass Hall was doing. There were a few more people from the board there so maybe they can be of some help with the rest of the audience. I know when GYOW started, everyone freaked and flooded the stage per usual. The cameras were set up, to me, like Soundstage. Bass Hall is huge so I'm very curious at how that's going to look. It's such a beautiful Hall.

He played his guts out during that show...I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
It was a seated show. Since it was being filmed, it was almost like people didn't want to standup or stick out. I have no problem with that at any show I go to. When SHN starts I can't help myself! At the beginning of the concert (first 4 songs or so) they had most of the front, center row shut down because of the cameras. They needed room to move back and forth. But I think Lindsey thought that was BS and we got upgraded. My guess was that we were up and singing through some of the faster songs...maybe it played better on camera that some people were up and having fun?? I don't know. I was just happy we got the sweet spot between Brett and Lindsey up front. We were allowed at the stage. Unfortunately I didn't look back much so I couldn't tell what the rest of Bass Hall was doing. There were a few more people from the board there so maybe they can be of some help with the rest of the audience. I know when GYOW started, everyone freaked and flooded the stage per usual. The cameras were set up, to me, like Soundstage. Bass Hall is huge so I'm very curious at how that's going to look. It's such a beautiful Hall.

He played his guts out during that show...I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.
I HATED that everyone sat down for Second Hand News. IMO, that is one of the most upbeat songs in his set. I just wanted to get up and go crazy, but no one would move. So many old farts. Anyhoo.....Did he do Turn it On at Bass Hall?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I HATED that everyone sat down for Second Hand News. IMO, that is one of the most upbeat songs in his set. I just wanted to get up and go crazy, but no one would move. So many old farts. Anyhoo.....Did he do Turn it On at Bass Hall?
I agree. I don't know how anyone could stay seated. I get up for I Know I'm Not Wrong too.

Yes he did. That was the second night for TIO. He did Save Me A Place, Turn It On AND Shut Us Down...SO GOOD!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
I agree. I don't know how anyone could stay seated. I get up for I Know I'm Not Wrong too.

Yes he did. That was the second night for TIO. He did Save Me A Place, Turn It On AND Shut Us Down...SO GOOD!!!
Oh wow, what a great set list! I can't wait to see this!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Stevie Nicks U.S. Festival 5/30/83 DVD
fyi: The name of that event was the US Festival, pronounced like the pronoun (& spelled with no periods).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
Hey all!

I'm been playing with transferring HD broadcasts to my PC, so if I can manage it without making a 10GB file then I'll put it up on a torrent site!
Yes pleazzzz !!!!!! Most likely this would be the only way for the european fans to see this

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts