Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Evolution of the Hair

I was just looking at Lesley Thode's old LB newsletters:

http://members.aol.com/macfan1998/Ne...August2001.pdf

and http://members.aol.com/macfan1998/Ne...dApril2001.pdf

This comment from the June 1981 Musician Player and Listener interview about the change in Lindsey's appearance over the years caught my eye:

Quote:
Well, I decided to cut my hair long before everyone else did. It wasn't necessarily to look punk or anything. I was just tired of the beard, so I shaved it. Then the hair didn't look right without the beard, so I cut the hair. It's all been gradual. Found a couple of new clothes stores, stared buying some new suits . . .
The hair part is interesting because Carol had it the other way around in her book. She mentioned that he cut his hair first and then he resisted cutting his beard and mustache, but she used some reverse psychology on him to get him to go ahead and do it.

Anyway, Lindsey mentioned finding a couple of new clothing stores 25 years ago. Could that be his wardrobe problem today? Is it just that he hasn't found any new clothing stores lately?

Michele
Old 10-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah, that's probably it.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah, that's my guess.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The hair part is interesting because Carol had it the other way around in her book. She mentioned that he cut his hair first and then he resisted cutting his beard and mustache, but she used some reverse psychology on him to get him to go ahead and do it.
I prefer Richard's nail scissors story. Way more edgy.

Quote:
Anyway, Lindsey mentioned finding a couple of new clothing stores 25 years ago. Could that be his wardrobe problem today? Is it just that he hasn't found any new clothing stores lately?
Maybe we should all chip in for a GPS device.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There's nothing wrong with his wardrobe IMHO...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I've always assumed he got rid of the afro because the weight of it was retaining his inner madness.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
There's nothing wrong with his wardrobe IMHO...

He looks fine. What I didn't like was when he was wearing what looked like a Hanes under t-shirt at some of the SYW shows. Regular white shirt is good, but I'd prefer he not show up in his underwear. When I first saw the SYW show in Moline he was wearing a black shirt. Little did I know that would be the only "costume change" he'd make for the whole 18 month tour.

Anyway, at least he looks "normal." It'd be awful if he wore the same thing all the time and it was a really freaky getup.

I remember Anne Heche describing when she met him on the plane and he was wearing black and she knew he must be from out of town, because people in the midwest didn't dress that way and weren't that trim.

Michele
Old 10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember Anne Heche describing when she met him on the plane and he was wearing black and she knew he must be from out of town, because people in the midwest didn't dress that way and weren't that trim.
oh i LOVE that look on guys, esp Lindsey. [the Bill Clinton ignogural[sp?] party thing, LOVED lindseys look]

I have never had a problem with the way he dressed. I think that his best look was during tusk with the suits. men look amazing in suits. then I think I would have to go with the Dance.

His current leather jacket look isnt half bad either, those are hot!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was just looking at Lesley Thode's old LB newsletters:
Les!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I didn't read the Harris book -- nobody sent me my free copy -- but Lindsey cut his '70s hippie style in 1978 before the band went out on the road. I believe he did this because of the slight Fleetwood Mac backlash: Rumours was a year old & there were grumblings in some corners that the band was dinosaur dandruff. At that time, for example, every member of the Eagles had shaggy hair like Lindsey. I think Lindsey bucked at that cinch, especially when he occasionally raised the idea of "underground" music to a few of his bandmates & what it might mean to Fleetwood Mac, & how the band could take a path that hadn't been previously trod by the likes of the Eagles, Santana, Rick Derringer or Aerosmith, & was met only with blank stares.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

wardrobe wise, I just think that eventually everyone realizes that simple but well fitting clothes/colors look the best on them. And that crazy hair possibly isn't in our best interests.
In our youth, we have the room to fad out, and have fun with it, bust out the odd kimono or cowboy hat or eye makeup. (Worst Lindsey - the one with eye makeup, although that coincided with a great haircut.)

But common sense catches up to all of us. Eventually we all say, "I'm 50, is this crazy ass **** really the most flattering thing I could wear? Don't I just look silly at this point? Should I really be wearing what 18 year olds are wearing?"
Etc.

Plus, I just like when men wear normal stuff, but with cool jewelry. And Linds has some cool guy jewelry.

And I love beards/staches and/or fros, but it's very necessary that a rock star keeps up with the fashions, within reason. I mean, he would have just looked like a retro-tool if he'd have kept all that past it's prime.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 10-19-2007 at 08:36 PM..
Old 10-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

I can not imagine Lindsey wearing anything else. He looks FAB in his jeans, boots, t-shirts and jacket. However, I can imagine him wearing nothing at all and, gawd, does he look HOT.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, he better not get rid of that amazingly soft leather jacket of his...YUM!