Hold Me
Old 08-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I'd like to see this:

Say You Love Me
Little Lies
Brown Eyes -- Why are people not including this? Wasn't it confirmed on Twitter? If this is in, Think About Me is out...do you really think two deep cuts from Tusk?
Love In Store
Oh Daddy -- The band loves this song. It has sentimental value. Wasn't it also basically confirmed on Twitter?
Isn't It Midnight
Why
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird

I'm not counting Don't Stop. That's a band song.

THIS!!! 100% No Everywhere. No Over My Head. They do Over My Head and it'll sound like schmaltzy adult contemporary pop music like it did for The Dance. We've got enough of that with Say You Love Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Wasn't Think About Me a single? I wouldn't really call it a deep cut. I'd also love Little Lies and Isn't it Midnight to be included in the setlist. Hoping they tour Australia next year as I don't think I can make it to the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Oh, you're right! I should have remembered that. Still it's a lot to ask to see more than one song by the same person from an album other than Rumours and Fleetwood Mac. I think Angel and Think About Me sound very similar sonically. It'll probably be one or the other.
Yes, "Think About Me" was the third single from Tusk. It charted. I do not think it was a major hit compared to "Tusk" and "Sara". "Think About Me" receives airplay from random music playlists at retailers.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:34 PM

^^ I hear that song a lot lately.

What can I say it's not against the law!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What we'll get:

Say You Love Me
Over My Head (God, please no)
Oh Daddy (No! No! No!)
Don't Stop
Songbird
You Make Loving Fun
Brown Eyes (Nooooooo!)
Everywhere

In my wildest dreams:

Isn't it Midnight
Little Lies
Love Shines
Skies the Limit
Save Me
You Make Loving Fun
Never Forget
Heart of Stone
Old 08-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine fans should go to Richard's tumbler too. He posted a really nice poolside picture of her in Australia, sometime between 1977-1980.

http://dickdash.tumblr.com/
Old 08-10-2014, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine fans should go to Richard's tumbler too. He posted a really nice poolside picture of her in Australia, sometime between 1977-1980.

http://dickdash.tumblr.com/
Its an incredible picture and not like one I've ever seen. She looks so young!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
I think you all are forgetting "Over my Head." I also want Chris to play the first song she played live on stage after 15 years of retirement "Get Like You Used to Be"
Would be great if the she performed this song. It would be such a symbolic statement; a song she performed early on, when Lindsey and Stevie joined the band. And, by rejoining the band after such a long absence, she is truly getting back to what she used to be.I really love

I'm really loving the dickdash blog. It's like a living interaction book of insight and knowledge. I hope Richard keeps it going.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-11-2014 at 12:31 AM..
Old 08-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm really loving the dickdash blog. It's like a living interaction book of insight and knowledge. I hope Richard keeps it going.
It's really incredible. I love it. He may not do it for long, but in just a couple of days I feel like his little insights and pics have brought me closer to the band. I cherish the tidbits.

Michele
Old 08-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
It's really incredible. I love it. He may not do it for long, but in just a couple of days I feel like his little insights and pics have brought me closer to the band. I cherish the tidbits.

Michele
It has really been a great read. And he answers questions rather quickly. Great website.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Ledgie

I don't know which of Christine's songs we'll get this time around, and as we get closer to the start of the tour I won't read anything about it until I go to the concert in October. I want to be surprised!

I'm bracing myself for a rehash of The Dance, but I'd be really happy if they did:

Remember Me
Morning Rain
Say You Love Me
Everywhere
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Over & Over
Behind The Mask
Why

Old 08-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for the setlist, I won't be picky about it, but I hope they can rework the arrangement of an existing song the way they did Say You Love Me on the last tour. That new spin on an old classic was such a revelation. I want to see them do it again. I'll let them choose which song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It has really been a great read. And he answers questions rather quickly. Great website.
I remember the whip cream pie fight video they had for Richard's going away party, but it sounds like that wasn't a new or unique thing for this band at all. Apparently, they often threw food and drinks at each other.

My question is, did Christine throw the deli platter at him deliberately. If so, he's not telling what he did to prompt her ire. OR did he just come in the door at the wrong time and get hit by it, when he wasn't the intended target? It actually sounds like something that happens in a sitcom. I can see it on Three's Company. Someone gets hit by a deli platter and they angrily pick up sodden meat and throw it back at someone else, then -- FOOD FIGHT.

Michele
Old 08-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As for the setlist, I won't be picky about it, but I hope they can rework the arrangement of an existing song the way they did Say You Love Me on the last tour. That new spin on an old classic was such a revelation. I want to see them do it again. I'll let them choose which song.

I remember the whip cream pie fight video they had for Richard's going away party, but it sounds like that wasn't a new or unique thing for this band at all. Apparently, they often threw food and drinks at each other.

My question is, did Christine throw the deli platter at him deliberately. If so, he's not telling what he did to prompt her ire. OR did he just come in the door at the wrong time and get hit by it, when he wasn't the intended target? It actually sounds like something that happens in a sitcom. I can see it on Three's Company. Someone gets hit by a deli platter and they angrily pick up sodden meat and throw it back at someone else, then -- FOOD FIGHT.

Michele
I didn't get the sense that she did it out of ire….it sounded like a prank. He said everyone was urging him to go back there, so it sounded like they were all in on it and knew what awaited him.

I found it interesting that he ran to hide from John who would be pissed that Richard defended himself against Chris's "attack" !
Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I didn't get the sense that she did it out of ire….it sounded like a prank. He said everyone was urging him to go back there, so it sounded like they were all in on it and knew what awaited him.
He said that one of them was threatening to quit the band, so I got the impression that they were arguing and JC sent him in there to round them up. I don't think it was a practical joke. I think they were bickering with one another and that's why JC disappeared and let Richard do the work. Richard went in and got caught in the cross fire. And if it had been a joke, I don't think John would have been chasing him afterwards, because him throwing food back at her would have been funny too -- as in the whip cream fight that we got to witness on video. It wouldn't have been cause for John's revenge.

Michele
Old 08-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He said that one of them was threatening to quit the band, so I got the impression that they were arguing and JC sent him in there to round them up. I don't think it was a practical joke. I think they were bickering with one another and that's why JC disappeared and let Richard do the work. Richard went in and got caught in the cross fire. And if it had been a joke, I don't think John would have been chasing him afterwards, because him throwing food back at her would have been funny too -- as in the whip cream fight that we got to witness on video. It wouldn't have been cause for John's revenge.

Michele
Here's Richard's post in response to someone asking Do you have any cool backstage or tour stories?

Once upon a time at the Syracuse War Memorial in NY, first tour I think 1974, I was met right after the show by JC (John Courage) at the sound board. I was told that the band was breaking up (I think Chris was leaving the band this time) & I was needed backstage right away. Upon arriving at the backstage door, I briefly remember catching a glimpse of Christine right before a platter, & I mean a giant platter of cold cuts hit me squarely in the face with the force of a Lindsey guitar solo. In the midst of much laughter, I picked up as much mayonnaise laden bad meat as my hand could muster & hurled it right at Chris. SPLAT! I ran like a scared rat because I knew John M. would have to defend his wife & he did not disappoint. By now, the whole band & road crew were all involved & he had a hard time hunting me down. That night, we were ferrying clean towels to the venue from the hotel in a vain attempt to clean the place. But to no avail. The next day, the local paper was abuzz with how FM trashed the War Memorial, had no respect for the Vets, (bull****) & would have to pay for the damage. Well, when Johnny M found me the next day, it wasn’t food he hit me with, but the threat of the entire bill for the venue. Wow, it wasn’t my fault…. I never ended up paying………

I wouldn't think there would be "much laughter" from him and the band if she were really pissed. Saying the band broke up still sounds like a ruse to me.

We should ask him since he seems open to questions.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I wouldn't think there would be "much laughter" from him and the band if she were really pissed. Saying the band broke up still sounds like a ruse to me.

Laughter because she was throwing a platter and Richard walked in unexpectedly and got hit with it. The fact that John Courage disappeared is telling to me. If it was a joke JC would have popped in and gone, "ha ha, We got you!" Instead, JC laid low for the rest of the night.

Furthermore, they regretted messing up the place the way they did and had to scramble to clean it up -- which they did not. They got bad press for violating a war memorial. If it were a planned joke, I don't think they would have plotted to make as much of a mess as they did in that location. It sounds like something that happened spontaneously.

I think they were bickering, but not so intensely that Richard getting hit with deli meat wouldn't delight them. They still had a sense of humor.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 08-12-2014 at 11:37 PM..