Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Whilst I'd prefer all new material for an upcoming Mac album, if three of the EP tracks were revisited with contributions from Christine, I wouldn't object. Sad Angel is fine as it is, but Christne's piano and backing vocals wouldn't go astray. Miss Fantasy could definitely benefit from being beefed up a bit - it's kind of insipid and aimless in it's present state. It Takes Time is gorgeous already, but a delicate harmony vocal from Stevie could be wonderful.
Without You just needs to be buried at this stage.
Maybe she could re-do the piano for, "It Takes Time". It has almost zero character as is, very generic.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-28-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Old 12-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without You would be fine if they had gone with a more organic acoustic guitar tone. It sounds very direct line in as opposed to mic'd, and it's way too upfront. That could just be because of how they EQ'd it and whatever post effects they added. But I don't like it (and obviously, my opinion REALLY matters here).
Old 12-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Without You would be fine if they had gone with a more organic acoustic guitar tone. It sounds very direct line in as opposed to mic'd, and it's way too upfront. That could just be because of how they EQ'd it and whatever post effects they added. But I don't like it (and obviously, my opinion REALLY matters here).
I felt the same way, after hearing the Demo version, ....they should have copied the Demo one guitar, two voices in harmony and wa' la'.... done ....
Old 12-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Whilst I'd prefer all new material for an upcoming Mac album, if three of the EP tracks were revisited with contributions from Christine, I wouldn't object. Sad Angel is fine as it is, but Christne's piano and backing vocals wouldn't go astray. Miss Fantasy could definitely benefit from being beefed up a bit - it's kind of insipid and aimless in it's present state. It Takes Time is gorgeous already, but a delicate harmony vocal from Stevie could be wonderful.
Without You just needs to be buried at this stage.
I like Without You a lot. It is a strong song from her and has a classic feel. Unfortunately Stevie's voice has changed. She didn't sound like she was trying to sound her best. Lindsey had to turn it into a duet.

Lindsey is still writing strong songs by himself. Stevie needs help from Dave. I'm not sure what Christine will throw out, but its sure to be simple, classic Christine.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I like Without You a lot. It is a strong song from her and has a classic feel. Unfortunately Stevie's voice has changed. She didn't sound like she was trying to sound her best. Lindsey had to turn it into a duet.
Umm...no. While her voice has changed, it was always a duet.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
It's pretty f-ed up. I'm not sure why he went for the effects when the other three songs had more of that organic tone.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, so the soonest they'd announce would be in about a week. With all of the "we'll be back next year" talk, I hope it's sooner than later. At this point, it's one of the worst kept secrets.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM

Ok so now that we have Lindsey's quotes on Christine coming back, I'm 99% sure something is going to happen. Before I was about 75% sure.

"Sure there could be more. All I can say is we've opened the door, and uhhhhhh for the longest time she had no interest at all, in anything musical. When she left the band she really did burn all her bridges in every way. She sold her house in LA. I think she ended her relationship, she moved back to England. She really just did not wanna define herself in that way. And the fact that she was asking to be a part of this, you know it's just very intriguing. So uh, I wouldn't rule anything out, but you know, we don't know yet."

Lindsey loves her again!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok so now that we have Lindsey's quotes on Christine coming back, I'm 99% sure something is going to happen. Before I was about 75% sure.

"Sure there could be more. All I can say is we've opened the door, and uhhhhhh for the longest time she had no interest at all, in anything musical. When she left the band she really did burn all her bridges in every way. She sold her house in LA. I think she ended her relationship, she moved back to England. She really just did not wanna define herself in that way. And the fact that she was asking to be a part of this, you know it's just very intriguing. So uh, I wouldn't rule anything out, but you know, we don't know yet."

Interesting, though, that Mick said he still thought her coming back was unlikely because of the level of commitment required. She was also vague on what she wanted to do with them "I don't know what".

I agree, though, that this from Lindsey sounds encouraging.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Interesting, though, that Mick said he still thought her coming back was unlikely because of the level of commitment required. She was also vague on what she wanted to do with them "I don't know what".

I agree, though, that this from Lindsey sounds encouraging.
It seemed to me that LB's comments were after her appearance, and Mick and Christine's were prior.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know if this was posted yet. But in a new article Christine says she has sent new songs to LB for FM and he loves them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...ld-scores.html
Old 01-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for Fleetwood Mac’s future recording plans, McVie lets slip that she has recently written new songs for the band.
‘I sent them to Lindsey and he loved them,’ she reveals. ‘You could hear his mind whirring, figuring how he could improve them, Mac them up.’
Then out of the blue, in that honeyed voice, she starts to sing.
‘We’ve only just begun…’
Old 01-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
As for Fleetwood Mac’s future recording plans, McVie lets slip that she has recently written new songs for the band.
‘I sent them to Lindsey and he loved them,’ she reveals. ‘You could hear his mind whirring, figuring how he could improve them, Mac them up.’
Then out of the blue, in that honeyed voice, she starts to sing.
‘We’ve only just begun…’
It is beyond my wildest belief to see what I think is unfolding. Having Christine emerge from the shadows is igniting a flame. Could she be the catalyst - the motivation they need to make another album, sooner than later?

Sounds like Christine is game, since she gave Lindsey two songs already! I think Stevie will eventually get on board. However, I hope they bring in a cool co-producer, someone like T. Bone Burnett.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe she could re-do the piano for, "It Takes Time". It has almost zero character as is, very generic.
this almost reads like "it's so bland, even Christine should be able to manage to reproduce it"
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I feel the same. I'm more convinced that ever now that something will happen. An open door sounds very promising. I was so pleased by how open he sounded to the possibility of her returning. Its great to hear from him, rather than trying to imagine what he might be feeling about it. Its great news for the new year. And yes my feeling was that Lindsey's interview happened later than Mick's. I also thought that some of Christine's could have been recorded more recently, as she mentioned how wonderful it felt on the stage.
Thanks for typing out Lindsey's words - it was great to read it word for word.