The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow .This thread was started about 3 months before I joined the Ledge.I dont see any in my collection.I'm so happy that she came out of retirement and back with the Mac.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 09-16-2015 at 08:20 PM..
Old 09-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart breaking that folks are down on Mystified, which ranks in my top 5 FM songs ever. Like, WTF.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The worst Christine song is better than most Stevie or Lindsey tunes--so there.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And yet of the 150+ Fleetwood Mac songs I currently have on my iPod, Brown Eyes is the only song by her which I regularly listen to and enjoy. Different strokes for different folks.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddy or Oh Daddy. Weird titles too. I think they should have done a cover of Why and that should have been on one of the albums replacing either Oh Daddy or Sugar Daddy. I'm sure there's a couple Christine songs from Tusk I don't care for as well. Honey Hi comes to mind for some reason. I think Tango is the only album in which I have nothing negative to say about any of the Christine songs. All four of Christine's songs on Tango are great for that album.

I love Only Over You and I love Mystified.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
And yet of the 150+ Fleetwood Mac songs I currently have on my iPod, Brown Eyes is the only song by her which I regularly listen to and enjoy. Different strokes for different folks.
Im with you, the only song i listen to and enjoy is Brown Eyes..
Old 09-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I think Tango is the only album in which I have nothing negative to say about any of the Christine songs. All four of Christine's songs on Tango are great for that album.
Funny, I was going to put, other than Little Lies, her Tango songs as my least favorite. Other than those, probably Sugar Daddy and Honey Hi.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddy will ALWAYS make every greatest hits compilation I make. I LOVE that f*cking song! What is it that people can't get past? "I need a sugar daddy"? Is that IT? Because I LOVE the music, and couldn't give two sh*ts about the lyrics. Piano kicks in, followed by that B3......#heaven!!!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE SD????

Okay, I used to not care for Mystified or Only Over Ewe(I've always assumed it was about someone else in the band ), but I've learned to love them. My vote would have to be for.....

Warm Ways. It's just too damned sleepy for me, and sounds really dated.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sugar Daddy will ALWAYS make every greatest hits compilation I make. I LOVE that f*cking song! What is it that people can't get past? "I need a sugar daddy"? Is that IT? Because I LOVE the music, and couldn't give two sh*ts about the lyrics. Piano kicks in, followed by that B3......#heaven!!!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE SD????

Okay, I used to not care for Mystified or Only Over Ewe(I've always assumed it was about someone else in the band ), but I've learned to love them. My vote would have to be for.....

Warm Ways. It's just too damned sleepy for me, and sounds really dated.
Oh my I agree. But please include Warm Ways in a best of. That's one of her songs that absolutely is a match between form and content. Sleepy? It's called Warm Ways, demmit. What else should it be?

No. Little Lies. That is Fleetwood Macs Achy Breaky Heart. A wurm. About nothing. Blerghh.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ha! I agree with that
Old 09-17-2015, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Skies the Limit is just so weak: it really annoys me as an album opener (not that things got that much better on that one...) and Save Me is just too self-derivative for her. Temporary One really, really made me wonder if she had run out of ideas by 1997. Her Time songs were all better than those mentioned above.

I don't really think any of her songs from Future Games through to Tusk are duds, although Dissatisfied comes close, at least for me.

But for me Only over you just bores me rigid, so I'll go for that.

I really don't like criticising Chris but it had to be done...
Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think the woman has any worst songs... everything she has released since joining FM is quality. That being said, the one song I really dislike is Don't Stop. It's a solid song, I just don't care for it aesthetically.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Oh my I agree. But please include Warm Ways in a best of. That's one of her songs that absolutely is a match between form and content. Sleepy? It's called Warm Ways, demmit. What else should it be?

No. Little Lies. That is Fleetwood Macs Achy Breaky Heart. A wurm. About nothing. Blerghh.
I don't hate it, but it's just too sleepy for me. I'm the same way about most music....gimme a damned beat! I would put Storms, Beautiful Child, etc... in the same category. Snoozefest!!!!

I'm tired of Little Lies, too. But it IS a pop gem, that's had many years of airplay, so it's not going away....here's an idea!!! Let them replace it with Sugar Daddy!!!
Old 09-17-2015, 01:03 PM

Easy Come And Easy Go is also one I don't like.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Skies the Limit is just so weak: it really annoys me as an album opener (not that things got that much better on that one...) and Save Me is just too self-derivative for her. Temporary One really, really made me wonder if she had run out of ideas by 1997. Her Time songs were all better than those mentioned above.

I don't really think any of her songs from Future Games through to Tusk are duds, although Dissatisfied comes close, at least for me.

But for me Only over you just bores me rigid, so I'll go for that.

I really don't like criticising Chris but it had to be done...
Okay, you got me on Skies the Limit, which I hate and is terrible. Lamest song ever.

But Temporary One is the catchiest new song on The Dance, and the rest you mention are pretty damn good (save her vocal on Morning Rain).