Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Agreed, and I'd lay down a good chunk of money if instead of a "Meet and Greet" they offered to perform a small pre-concert set of their new songs in an intimate venue.
That would be so worth it!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulPlayer91 View Post
Whilst it would never happen I think Christine and Lindsey releasing it together and doing some theatre shows as a duo would be amazing.
Why would it never happen? If they put out a "duo" album, maybe they would wind up playing medium-sized theaters (the Orpheum in Boston, that sort of place). For me (as someone who isn't a huge Stevie fan), that would be a dream come true.

By the way, off topic, did you know today is Les Paul's 100th birthday? With your screen name I thought you'd like that.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Why would it never happen? If they put out a "duo" album, maybe they would wind up playing medium-sized theaters (the Orpheum in Boston, that sort of place). For me (as someone who isn't a huge Stevie fan), that would be a dream come true.

By the way, off topic, did you know today is Les Paul's 100th birthday? With your screen name I thought you'd like that.
Some think it would never happen because Mick worries about money. And for them to step down to one plane, one limo, one hotel room, ..... the agony!!!

In my mind, it would make them a band again. Instead of this fake relationship act, with two musicians who know how to write without the help of 20 other people.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:

I doubt that they'd put out a duo album. I imagine they'd rather wait for Stevie and put the tracks out as a FM record than start from scratch. A FM reunion album would be a huge deal - look at the response Black Sabbath's 'reunion' album got (and that wasn't the complete classic lineup). Stevie won't be doing her solo stuff for that long if she does do it. I'd say we'd be seeing a FM album in 2017 at the latest. But who knows? I agree it would be a dream come true. I'm really not a huge fan of arena shows and I'd love to see any of the guys in a smaller venue. I'd be all up for a duo album I'm just trying to be realistic. I really hope Lindsey does come and do that theatre tour of the UK he was going to do a few years back though.

And yeah! The man was a true musical pioneer!
Old 06-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ummm, the people behind this video seem to disagree:
What the...?

I honestly couldn't figure out if that was real or satire for awhile. Some people...
Old 06-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ummm, the people behind this video seem to disagree:
Oh my.....wow.....you just want to tell the guy who's talking throughout about wicked witchery to go get laid...
Old 06-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Ledgie

I really hope they do a last album together--with all five of them. I think Stevie just needs a break and then will be ready to contribute to it. Let's not forget that she put her plans to tour 24K Gold on hold--which resulted in dismal sales for her own possibly last album.

Adding to the tension is likely the collaboration that Lindsey and Christine had--which likely has fueled some negative feelings in Stevie. She always wanted Lindsey to co-write with her and he's never been willing to do so. Then as soon as Christine came back, they wrote several songs together? My bet is that she's likely been very upset about that alone--however much she likes Christine--and that could be another reason why she wants to have some space. Combine that with the tension that almost always exists when Stevie and Lindsey work together and there's going to be some hurt feelings. Let her have some time to calm down and then she'll be ready to make the album.

If the four of them release it without her, personally, I would not buy it and my interest in the band would be completely over. And unless they want to make a permanent break with Stevie--which I don't think they do--they won't do anything without her. She will never ever forgive them. And that would be a really tragic way to end this wonderful reunion tour.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
I really hope they do a last album together--with all five of them. I think Stevie just needs a break and then will be ready to contribute to it. Let's not forget that she put her plans to tour 24K Gold on hold--which resulted in dismal sales for her own possibly last album.

Adding to the tension is likely the collaboration that Lindsey and Christine had--which likely has fueled some negative feelings in Stevie. She always wanted Lindsey to co-write with her and he's never been willing to do so. Then as soon as Christine came back, they wrote several songs together? My bet is that she's likely been very upset about that alone--however much she likes Christine--and that could be another reason why she wants to have some space. Combine that with the tension that almost always exists when Stevie and Lindsey work together and there's going to be some hurt feelings. Let her have some time to calm down and then she'll be ready to make the album.

If the four of them release it without her, personally, I would not buy it and my interest in the band would be completely over. And unless they want to make a permanent break with Stevie--which I don't think they do--they won't do anything without her. She will never ever forgive them. And that would be a really tragic way to end this wonderful reunion tour.
She's the one who is holding up the reunion, she hasn't said "I'd like to do an album but just not right now". She has not said she wants to do an album and considering we're going on 12 years since the last album almost entirely because of her I don't see a reason to assume she just needs a short rest and then she'll be raring to go. Until her attitude changes I don't think it's a safe assumption. I think maybe she'd be happy to just tour with FM from now on mixed with solo stints. Make no mistake, She's not the victim in this scenario. She doesn't get to dictate to 4 other equal partners what they get to do with their careers.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 06-09-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Old 06-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
...Adding to the tension is likely the collaboration that Lindsey and Christine had--which likely has fueled some negative feelings in Stevie. She always wanted Lindsey to co-write with her and he's never been willing to do so. Then as soon as Christine came back, they wrote several songs together? My bet is that she's likely been very upset about that alone...
I doubt this. Stevie has not wanted to write with Lindsey since her early days with the band. When Lindsey and Christine wrote "World Turning" she admitted jealousy (from a Dance-era interview). But the truth was then, and now, she and Lindsey didn't/don't write together. Much of this is because Stevie is very protective of her songs and resented her reliance on him. When she got her own career together, she pretty much found others to help her build up songs. She resented working with Lindsey during Say You Will and has shunned Studio collaborations with him since then. The only material she has given the band since 2003 is a reworking of a BN demo. Hardly promising. Lindsey has expressed interest in working with her again, and she keeps pushing him and the band away. If she's upset by Lundsey and Christine collaborating, it's because their output is kind of forcing her hand to join them--and she simply doesn't want to.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
When Mick said this line up would be the last, he meant it from an over all perspective, with no consideration to Stevie's intentions. Christine and Lindsey wrote a bunch of new songs that they very excited about. Of course they want Stevie to be a part of the album, but if she opts out, why should that stop them from finishing the album? This band has survived and persevered through many members who came and went. This is no different, except that their future is largely behind them.
You're right, if Stevie simply didn't want to be a part of it at all then that shouldn't stop them. However, I think Stevie still wants to be a part of it, but just wants to work on other things at the moment. If they are just 100% ready to get it out, but still don't have Stevie tracks, then they should tell her and if she declines, so be it. BUT, with this probably being their last album, would the record company be okay will all of that? That's also something to think about.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
She's the one who is holding up the reunion, she hasn't said "I'd like to do an album but just not right now". She has not said she wants to do an album and considering we're going on 12 years since the last album almost entirely because of her I don't see a reason to assume she just needs a short rest and then she'll be raring to go. Until her attitude changes I don't think it's a safe assumption. I think maybe she'd be happy to just tour with FM from now on mixed with solo stints. Make no mistake, She's not the victim in this scenario. She doesn't get to dictate to 4 other equal partners what they get to do with their careers.
I should have put this here..

Old 06-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
I apologize; I don't usually make a habit of making fun of typos. But the missing letter T makes this one pretty funny. Maybe it was what we used to call a Freudian slip, and not a typo at all? Considering that this thread has largely been about some of the band members not treating each other very nicely.
Simply a typo.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Define viable. Lindsey seems quite happy with his solo career. He gave up the idea of selling millions and being on top of the charts decades ago. He may not sell as well as Stevie (and let's be honest, she's not selling millions either), but he always gets great reviews.

She seems to be the one causing the drama. The other four all seem happy to be playing/recording together. It's been a long time since you saw stories about Christine and John not getting along, Lindsey and Mick fighting, etc.

You mean like when he helped make Dreams, Sara, Gypsy, etc into hits?

Thanks for addressing some of the many misconceptions and misguided assumptions.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams Unwind View Post
You're right, if Stevie simply didn't want to be a part of it at all then that shouldn't stop them. However, I think Stevie still wants to be a part of it, but just wants to work on other things at the moment. If they are just 100% ready to get it out, but still don't have Stevie tracks, then they should tell her and if she declines, so be it. BUT, with this probably being their last album, would the record company be okay will all of that? That's also something to think about.
They don't have a record company. They are not under any contract. I'm sure they would do the same thing they did with SYW and that is complete the album and then shop it around. Someone will surely be interested. Lindsey, on his own, released several of his albums, including Gift of Screws and Under the Skin, on Reprise, the same company that released Say You Will.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I should have put this here..

Hahahahaha.That reminds me of those old night soaps like Dallas or Dynasty.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016